Author Topic: Target TFU Battle Rancor  (Read 116001 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Battle Rancor
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2008, 08:57 AM »
Really impressive when compared to the original. I wonder how soon until we see some customs of this one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2008, 06:32 PM »
Really impressive when compared to the original. I wonder how soon until we see some customs of this one.

If I know Chewie he's already working on it.  ;)

So if this the mold that H is going to use for the ROTJ version it's gonna suck that his hand can't really reach his mouth to eat his piggy snack.  Should've given him elbow articulation.  And once again of course H gives a figure ankle articulation instead of knee.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2008, 06:46 PM »
Should've given him elbow articulation.  And once again of course H gives a figure ankle articulation instead of knee.

I agree with you on the elbow part.  That would have been nice, but at least his head turns so he can point his choppers in the right direction while holding a figure in his hand.  I don't really see the point in having knee articulation though as he's looks very top heavy IMO.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2008, 11:12 AM »
So who all has picked this up so far?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2008, 12:54 PM »
I picked mine up a few weeks ago.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Just commenting on the size difference between this version and the POTF2 version, I was reading the Insider issue #93 and they were talking about the Rancors in TFU.  In the game there's a Bull Rancor which is larger and more powerful than the Rancor seen in ROTJ.  I'm curious if this is supposed to be one of those Bull Rancors.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2008, 08:51 PM »
I got mine over the weekend and I really dig it.  It's obvious Hasbro decided to go with the "repaint" of a movie Rancor before the regular ROTJ-friendly release comes to pass.

The little Felucian is fun-- it's really weird but I like it.  I'd buy another one if Hasbro stuck it in a battle pack down the road.  It's like some tiki alien thing, which I dig.

The Rancor's saddle doesn't sit too well on mine, or I'm too dense to make it sit correctly.  It looks good, but doesn't work as well as I'd like it.

The Rancor is freaking gorgeous.  Awesome sculpt, wonderful pose, great articulation.  I'm concerned about long-term stability-- it's mostly hollow, and it's big and heavy.  I have a feeling the summer heat and gravity might combine to bring him down off a shelf after a short period of time.  It's quite possibly the most bootiful "creature" Hasbro has produced for the line, I can't wait to do a big writeup on it because it's just so wonderful.

The downside, of course, is that it has blue stripes on it.  But this is also an upside.  I like it.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2008, 10:06 PM »
The downside, of course, is that it has blue stripes on it.  But this is also an upside.  I like it.

that war paint AWSOME!!!!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2008, 11:13 PM »
I really like the Rancor and the size is awesome, but the figure that comes with it is incredibly lame.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2008, 11:14 PM »
^ If you don't want the figure, please shoot me a PM!   :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2008, 09:10 AM »
Begrudgingly picked this up yesterday. Mighty impressive, but I don't know if i'll ever get around to opening it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2008, 08:50 PM »
^ If you don't want the figure, please shoot me a PM!   :)

I don't really like it, but can't be -1 figure and still call myself a respectile completist.  I do have a spare Rancor though and you can have the figure if you can find someone else who wants the beast.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2008, 11:58 PM »
I saw a couple of these tonight, and was surpirsed by how big it was. The pictures we've seen for months really don't do it justice.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2008, 08:20 AM »
I was bored this morning and snapped a couple more shots. As you can see, the bone accessory from the TAC Jedi Luke wedges perfectly in the Rancor's mouth. So, it looks like hasbro took that into consideration when designing it.

Hopefully we'll get a new Rancor Keeper or a Pig Guard as a pack-in for the ROTJ version :P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:27 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2008, 10:30 AM »
Nice pics - I'm hoping for a new Rancor Keeper with him, and new Gamorrean Guards to be on single cards...