Author Topic: Target TFU Battle Rancor  (Read 115999 times)

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
Re: The Force Unleashed Battle Rancor.
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2007, 02:51 AM »
These kinda things always remind me of the old Dino Riders series and figures.

Offline CloneTrooperJr

• Youngling
  • Force Cast Game Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2007, 02:56 AM »
I can confirm it's not a Shaak Ti (I know my things ;))

Do you mind if I ask how you know?  Just curious.  We're always interested in new members with some different insight.  :)
Well, I've seen my collector store's 08 Q1 Order forms, the description said so -
2) Dan Curto's Quote...
Also, the rider is not Shaak Ti. (didn't we already determine that?) Yes, I know more than you do.
Check it out, The Force Cast Gaming Mod!
Yellow Harvest Official Webpage

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2007, 09:43 AM »

Do you mind if I ask how you know?  Just curious.  We're always interested in new members with some different insight.  :)

I thought Anakin killed Shaak Ti in the Temple.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Shaak Ti is listed as one of the characters on the game's website. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2007, 04:46 PM »

Nope.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2007, 05:38 PM »

Upon further review, it looks like Shaak Ti IS a part of this. She would make sense as the perfect pack-in figure for this.

Without giving away too many spoilers, all I'll say is that if it is indeed Shaak-Ti it is in keeping with the storyline of the game.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2007, 05:40 PM »

He did only in the deleted scenes of ROTS. Since that wasn't what was scene cinematically, LFL/Hasbro can take creative license and keep her alive for the story.

I'm actually glad she's back. Orli Shoshan is a hottie (She's the actress who played her). She has been to my local con twice and is always nice to see and talk with.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Battle Rancor
« Reply #52 on: January 2, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Shaaki Ti was killed twice in deleted scenes? I prefer her death at the hands of Grevious, it made a better explanation as to why there was a seat open on the council.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 2, 2008, 10:50 AM »
There's been a lot of confusion regarding Shaak Ti.  Especially since the deleted scene from The Invisible Hand in the REVENGE OF THE SITH DVD shows Grievous killing her.  Since that scene was cut it isn't considered to be part of the canon.

Then there's her possible death scene in the Jedi Temple.  I've seen a still of that, with Anakin entering her chambers while she's seated, and he's preparing to kill her.  That didn't make the DVD.  But I think it might have made it into the novelization of REVENGE OF THE SITH, however I will have to check on that.  But I know for certain that she was in the Jedi Temple at the time of Order 66 in the novelization.   

Also, you can see Shaak Ti in the Council chambers in the movie.  However, it's only as a hologram as Yoda meets with the High Council from Kashyyyk.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 2, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Groan. Somebody watched LOTR too many times when designing EU stuff.  Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be  ::)

If you don't remember this was done before LOTR in the PS game Star Wars Demolition in 2000 with Rancor Keeper riding a Rancor :P. I do understand what you are saying though ;).
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 2, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Groan. Somebody watched LOTR too many times when designing EU stuff.  Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be  ::)

If you don't remember this was done before LOTR in the PS game Star Wars Demolition in 2000 with Rancor Keeper riding a Rancor :P. I do understand what you are saying though ;).
roron corobb

And before that, there was the whole Courtship of Princess Leia Rancor Clan whatever thing in 1995... it's got precedent-a-plenty.  It wouldn't surprise me if there was an RPG summplement from West End Games that had the riders too.

I still, in theory, dig it. If the dark parts of the skin are really dark and the bluish parts are ridiculously bright blue, I'm totally sold on this thing.  I loves me some chaos.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 2, 2008, 09:01 PM »

roron corobb

And before that, there was the whole Courtship of Princess Leia Rancor Clan whatever thing in 1995... it's got precedent-a-plenty.  It wouldn't surprise me if there was an RPG summplement from West End Games that had the riders too.

I still, in theory, dig it. If the dark parts of the skin are really dark and the bluish parts are ridiculously bright blue, I'm totally sold on this thing.  I loves me some chaos.

And before this Tolkien wrote the books back in the early 20th century....lol

Though I think the two have no correlation between mounted riders.

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 2, 2008, 09:19 PM »
Its Merchandising, like Master Yogurt would say.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 2, 2008, 10:32 PM »
These kinda things always remind me of the old Dino Riders series and figures.

God, I loved those things.  Those were about the last toys I was into as a kid.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 3, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Don't forget- Force Unleashed is coming.   WOTC did a Felucian Warrior on Rancor mini-

http://www.shopofmagic.com/lite/cart.php?target=product&product_id=21646&category_id=1599
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"