Author Topic: Target TFU Battle Rancor  (Read 115996 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Battle Rancor
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2008, 03:41 PM »
I bought and opened two Rancors earlier this week. Well worth the $35 each. The articulation is very well done. The riders are also very cool due to the exotic and alien nature of their design. The only feature I don't like is the saddle/harness. Riding a Rancor seems like too much of a ridiculous concept for Star Wars. The Rancors themselves remind me a lot of the Jurassic Park dinosaurs from the early '90s and have me very excited about the Hasbro-produced Cloverfield monster I'll be receiving in September/October.

About the ROTJ Rancor, that might be the only way to get any Rancor keeper figure. I wouldn't hold my breath for a new one, but Hasbro does like to surprise us. The current FU Rancor was a completely new set, so you never know.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2008, 11:30 PM »
I bought and opened two Rancors earlier this week. Well worth the $35 each.

How did you get them for $35 each?  They were $40 + tax here...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 1, 2008, 12:47 AM »
^ Probably by using a $5.00 off coupon.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: June 1, 2008, 12:53 AM »
I got this with my Hasbro rebate, and for free it's very nice.  For $40...  Actually, as nice as it is, I may have actually passed on it.  Go figure.  It's a nice piece, but it's way huge, and not from the movies, so I'm thinking I may get more selective on that kinda stuff in the future.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 1, 2008, 09:40 AM »
It's a nice piece, but it's way huge, and not from the movies, so I'm thinking I may get more selective on that kinda stuff in the future.

I definitely am, if that helps. I'm rounding out the 30AV as far as being a completist, and after that, I'll be sticking mainly to the OT.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 1, 2008, 09:54 AM »
I with ya, with the price of gas...have to cut back somewhere.. I just do not have the time or energy to start collecting another new line, the clone wars, just sticking the legends line or what ever name they are giving it this year...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 1, 2008, 12:46 PM »
Got 4 of these now... heh heh... 2 are for a friend though, but I'm kinda tempted to keep all of them; but I won't.  I love this damn beast.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 1, 2008, 04:42 PM »
^ Probably by using a $5.00 off coupon.

Justin knows all to well about how to get the "deals" at Target.  Must have been a brain fart on his end.  I don't even want to tell you guys how many "deals" he has wound up with in regards to TAC products at Target.   :-X
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 1, 2008, 05:40 PM »
I love this damn beast.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal in every state with the exception of Nevada.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 5, 2008, 12:39 PM »
I saw one of these at our local Target yesterday.  I didn't pick it up (holding out hope for a ROTJ repaint), but it was pretty nifty looking.  Man, that's a big box.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 9, 2008, 12:11 PM »
I saw a couple more of these at the Super Target across town this weekend, and it still is pretty impressive.  What does everyone make of Hasbro's answer this week that the ROTJ version that was originally planned for this year is being pushed to 2009, but it might not get made if we don't buy up this Force Unleashed version?  I'm going to hope that we will eventually see the ROTJ one next year (it would be a shame to under-use that new mold), but I was thinking about picking this other version up - but I just don't have the room for an army of Rancors.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 9, 2008, 01:06 PM »
but I just don't have the room for an army of Rancors.

Then how about just two? The TFU one and the ROTJ one.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 9, 2008, 01:48 PM »
Brian, if you shell out the money for the Rancor, I think you'll be glad you did.   :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 9, 2008, 08:42 PM »
I've picked up three of these, I'm still kinda torn on whether or not I REALLY need/want to have two of them open. I wish I had a better understanding of the role these play in the game. Like if the Secret Apprentice faces off against Shaak Ti backed up by two of these, then having two open would be cool. If he only faces off against a lone Felucian on a Rancor, then having two would be pointless. Minimally, it would be interesting to see if Shaak Ti rides a Rancor as well, so if one day they release a figure of her from the game, I could always put her in the saddle of one.

Best/Worse case scenario is that the three I bought helps us get a repaint of this excellent beasty for Jabba's palace.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2008, 09:46 PM »
I bought it. I love it. It ate my POTF2 Rancor for lunch. :)

I want more Felucians now, I really like this guy.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:46 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!