Author Topic: Indiana Jones section?  (Read 5974 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Indiana Jones section?
« on: December 12, 2007, 04:31 PM »
I was curious if anyone else thinks it a good idea to have a separate Indy forum? Right now we have the figures thread in Other Toy Lines and the movie thread in Watto's (probably more in Lego and other sections I don't frequent), but I'm sure discussion will only become more voluminous as the release nears. Late next year it could be folded back into Watto's and OTL if popularity dies off.

Just a random thought, now back to your regularly scheduled homework....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 04:52 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Indiana Jones section?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 01:29 PM »
I like this idea.

2008 is shaping up to be the year of Indiana Jones, and it sounds like the merchandising is gonna be all over the place.  Hasbro, Lego, Sideshow, Gentle Giant (?), Disney (?), Lego, the Lego video game, the other video game, the Burger King promotion, the food premiums, and (oh yeah) the movie itself, along with whatever DVD releases. . .  I usually don't care about all those different licensees when it comes to Star Wars, but I am interested in following all the Indy marketing, so I think it'd be nice to have one centralized area for all that stuff. 

And I'm tired of clicking into the Other Toy Lines section just to see if the Indy thread has been posted to.

Good idea--especially since, as you mention, everything could easily be merged back into the other sections once the hype dies down (presumably early 2009 or so).
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 12:20 AM »
Yeah, this is most likely going to happen...

Expect to see something soon!  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 01:04 PM »
Very cool.

In related news, I was wondering--Jeff, would it be possible to find out from Hasbro if they're going to be doing a separate Indy Q & A next year, or if they just want to keep all the Indy questions in with the Star Wars stuff?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 01:28 PM »
The last time I asked them about it, they said that they wanted to wait on rolling out an Indy specific Q&A until after the Indy IV hype machine starts up after Toy Fair.  I will double check with them to see if that is still the plan.

In the meantime, they said they did not mind the occasional Indy question in the Q&A since the development teams are the same...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 01:28 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 02:17 PM »
Thanks, Jeff.

I imagine the Indy questions will ramp up quite a bit after Toy Fair, and before the new movie comes out.