Author Topic: Who was your character in Street Fighter II???  (Read 5708 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Who was your character in Street Fighter II???
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2003, 12:32 AM »
CHUN LI!!!!!!  ;D

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2003, 02:32 AM »
Street Fighter- I used Ken up until they made Akuma a playable character. Still use him in the X-Box version of Capcom vs. Marvel.

Mortal Kombat- "Finish HIM!" I loved this game especially MK2 I think I spent many hours and quarters mastering all the moves and fatalities. My characters in it were Sub Zero and Liu Kang.

By the way great topic!!
I remember my dream now.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2003, 04:23 AM »
Thank you, I knew the question needed to be asked again. :D

Did you guys wish there would be fatalities in Street Fighter?? I know when Mortal Kombat came out, we would all talk about what kind of Fatlities there could be for each character. Hmm something to ponder. 8)
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2003, 02:45 PM »
You know...after reading through this thread, I've found one common trait in everyone here. We all think we were really great at SF2.  :)

I run into a lot of people who feel this way. I mention that I love the game (and that I've got it) and they talk about how great they used to be at their local gas station or arcade....only to get the smackdown when they come and give it a try.  "I'm out of practice" is always the excuse.  ;D

On the other hand, Every once in awhile...someone comes by and schools me so bad that I feel like an amateur.

I think skill at this game is all relative to how good your competition was back when you were good at it.

I think the only well to REALLY tell is to have ourselves a little tourney sometime.  Someone want to bring their SNES to Comic Con?  Hehehe.
Got Clones?

Offline jcecil

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.jedicecil.50megs.com
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2003, 07:57 PM »
You know...after reading through this thread, I've found one common trait in everyone here. We all think we were really great at SF2.  :)

I run into a lot of people who feel this way. I mention that I love the game (and that I've got it) and they talk about how great they used to be at their local gas station or arcade....only to get the smackdown when they come and give it a try.  "I'm out of practice" is always the excuse.  ;D

On the other hand, Every once in awhile...someone comes by and schools me so bad that I feel like an amateur.

I think skill at this game is all relative to how good your competition was back when you were good at it.

I think the only well to REALLY tell is to have ourselves a little tourney sometime.  Someone want to bring their SNES to Comic Con?  Hehehe.

LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing.  It seems like everyone whupped everybody else's butt, so where are the losers?  We couldn't all be SFII Gods?, lol.  And what you said about us only being as good as our competition is spot on.  Like I said in my post, I was king of the dorm till someone from outside visited and spanked me like a monkey. ;D

Still, I think it's a testament to this game that we still all love it.  And also to the design, so many skilled players and notice that everybody was great with different players.  The game was so balanced that no one character was a killer, it just depended on the skill and practice of the player.  

I'll bring my half-yellowed and beat up SNES if anyone wants.  I'll even bring the controllers, I think one out of about the 4 that I have owned is still in one piece. ;D  I didn't take defeat very well. ;)

ONLY 1 MORE TO GO TO COMPLETE MY
COLLECTION OF 96!!!
www.jedicecil.50megs.com
Vintage Luke Pilot Collection, 8 so far