Author Topic: Micro Machines are BACK!  (Read 12202 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Micro Machines are BACK!
« on: June 13, 2003, 03:51 PM »
According to a Hasbro ad on the back page of ToyFare #72, "Small is big again." Well, duh. Block figures, HeroClix, Speedeez, even Mattel is pumping out its own line of micro-scaled vehicles.

As of July 2003, Micro Machines are "back on the streets," so say your prayers. This could mean the micro market isn't so "dead" after all.
Post sober.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Micro Machines are BACK!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 04:52 PM »
Oh boy...  This is an interesting development.  Hadn't heard much about a rekindling of this line, but hopefully Hasbro makes the most of it!  I wonder if they'll just keep doing stuff similar to what the were making before, or if they're going to step it up a notch and get more competitive with the rest of the market.  I'd LOVE to see something along the lines of the Vintage Micro Collections.  Those are still some of my alltime favorite collectibles to this day...

I collected all the previous MM sets from the get go - they are what rekindled the SW collecting fervor back in '93, way before the 4" modern line ever re-appeared).  Never collected any Prequel sets though.  Had to limit myself just a tad...

Anxiously awaiting the first news as to what they've got in store for this go 'round.  I love the miniature stuff!   8)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Re: Micro Machines are BACK!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 09:27 AM »
I'd LOVE to see something along the lines of the Vintage Micro Collections.  Those are still some of my alltime favorite collectibles to this day...

The Micro-Collection was by far the most fun Star Wars toy (or any toy for that matter) I ever played with as a kid.  I have probably about 80-85% of all the Micro-Collection Star Wars toys, and they're all from childhood.  I haven't really thought about finishing up that series though... don't really know why, but some day I might take that up.  I loved playing the Hoth Battle scene over and over again.  Those Hoth turrets were the best, especially sitting up next to the Ion Cannon.  Yeah baby!   ;D
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 02:07 PM »
Oh man what fantastic news! :) I really need to organize my Action Fleet and Micro Machine collections, which is going to be a huge pain. All of my AF figures are in one bin, all of the MM figures in one, and all of the MM vehicles in another, and I have no idea what goes with what!

Anyone have good photo references of all the sets that would help me seperate everything?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 08:27 PM »
So was there any news on the Micro Machine line at the Comic Con?  I haven't heard anything about it, but I assume someone there must've asked the Hasbro reps about it.  Hopefully they're still on tap to make a return!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 4, 2012, 04:31 PM »
Bumping up an oldie here....but recently my parents had brought out some tubs of old toys to have out when we visit so our daughter has stuff to play with.  Anyways, one tub was filled with several (incomplete) micro machine sets.  I personally didn't have these, but my brother (who is 12 years younger than me) apparently had several - and my daughter and I had a lot of fun playing with these recently.  Most of them are the "head" sets that I remember somewhat, and there is also a Falcon in there.  Anyways, I really know next to nothing about micro machines, but I was wondering if these are hard to pick up these days?  Kind of thought about picking some up to have here at home, but wasn't sure what was the right way to go.  The transforming head sets seemed kind of neat, and I'd love to get a Falcon one, but wasn't sure how rare/pricey this stuff was these days.  Either way, I have to say, they are some fun little toys.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 03:49 AM »
I don't know a whole lot about what various pieces are going for these days, but this site is a fantastic reference, especially the checklists:

http://starwarsmicromachines.wordpress.com/

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2012, 06:49 AM »
Bumping up an oldie here....but recently my parents had brought out some tubs of old toys to have out when we visit so our daughter has stuff to play with.  Anyways, one tub was filled with several (incomplete) micro machine sets.  I personally didn't have these, but my brother (who is 12 years younger than me) apparently had several - and my daughter and I had a lot of fun playing with these recently.  Most of them are the "head" sets that I remember somewhat, and there is also a Falcon in there.  Anyways, I really know next to nothing about micro machines, but I was wondering if these are hard to pick up these days?  Kind of thought about picking some up to have here at home, but wasn't sure what was the right way to go.  The transforming head sets seemed kind of neat, and I'd love to get a Falcon one, but wasn't sure how rare/pricey this stuff was these days.  Either way, I have to say, they are some fun little toys.

I recently sold a whole pile of extras on eBay for close to original retail.  These are one of the few things that seem to have maintained their value.  There are some for sale on eBay.