Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107293 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #405 on: December 21, 2008, 08:42 PM »
So, I suppose I could read through this whole thread but I decided against it.  I've got a question for you guys.  My mother in law got an AT-TE for my son for one of his Christmas gifts.  He got to open it today and he totally loves it.  However, when we put the batteries in it, I was quite disappointed.  The sounds seem very muffled and I can barely hear them (brand new batteries).  Is this common or did I get a defective sound system?  The lights seem to work just fine, its just the sounds.  We can barely hear them.  Thoughts?

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 21, 2008, 09:17 PM »
I think you have a defective one.  My AT-TE's sound effects are quite loud.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 22, 2008, 03:15 PM »
I think you have a defective one.  My AT-TE's sound effects are quite loud.

Well, thats good and bad I suppose.  Good in that its designed better than I thought.  Bad in that I need to return it now, and, of course TRU is sold out.  Hopefully they come back in stock after the holidays.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #408 on: December 22, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Try to even-exchange at WM maybe...  They generally take everything back, and they'd get credited for the defective product anyway.  Shouldn't need a receipt to do that.

Of course though, if your area is like mine, AT-TE's are long gone...  I'm only seeing Falcons this past weekend. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 4, 2009, 02:23 PM »
My wife found another AT-TE when she was out shopping yesterday.  The electronics on this one works like a charm - the voices and sounds are very loud indeed.  I'm going to return the defective one now.  So far the legs seem reasonably stable as well.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 12, 2009, 01:12 PM »
I saw yesterday the ones I thought were gone. they have two at clearance section at  $64.00.

$36 dollars off... Dont know if to get both... I dont think I will collect much  to fit 3 AT's at the time... well they can be use for basic figues as well. hmmm.

What would you do?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 12, 2009, 01:20 PM »
What would you do?

Buy 1.  That's what I did at the $64 price.  Figured I have too much extra tubing left from my first one so this was a cost saving measure for me.   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 12, 2009, 01:45 PM »
What would you do?

Buy 1.  That's what I did at the $64 price.  Figured I have too much extra tubing left from my first one so this was a cost saving measure for me.   :D

Thanks 1 Extra AT-TE will be fine the rest $64 can be use for CW figures or Basic... dont have yet the Christophsis- battle pack....

hehe... collectionist are sick!... i will be sleepeing in the streets soon man  :) 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:46 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #413 on: January 12, 2009, 01:55 PM »
Thanks 1 Extra AT-TE will be fine the rest $64 can be use for CW figures or Basic... dont have yet the Christophsis- battle pack....

hehe... collectionist are sick!... i will be sleepeing in the streets soon man  :) 

Save your box from the AT-TE, it'll keep the snow off your face.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 12, 2009, 02:15 PM »

Save your box from the AT-TE, it'll keep the snow off your face.

:D :D :D You so right!  ;D

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2009, 06:41 PM »
Anybody have the URL for the leg swap?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 10, 2009, 11:48 AM »
I was sort of waiting for our tax refund to hopefully, finally pick one of these up since they were still in stock at HTS.  Well, of course our return is due this week, and I see now it has sold out at HTS (and other online sources) and has been removed from their site as well.  Does anyone know if these are going to continue to ship (to online I guess, as its not likely at retail now)?  I guess its not the end of the world if I'm not able to get one, I could keep the $100 - but I was just curious.  Maybe this is a sign that I should have stuck to my original plan of sticking to only OT vehicles for budget/display reasons.  It just seems like there is so much neat stuff from the PT/CW era on the way in the various price assortments this year.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #417 on: March 10, 2009, 12:07 PM »
Brian, both the AT-TE and Millennium Falcon are open stock items meaning that any store can re-order at anytime.  Wal-Mart/Target may have clearanced them out, but apparently TRU is still ordering them.

At Toy Fair, Hasbro said that you will most likely see both the AT-TE and the BMF back at retail in the new Red/White style packaging (I know TRU was mentioned as ordering the repackaged versions for sure). 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 10, 2009, 12:17 PM »
Thanks Jeff, good to hear.  I'm still a little bit on the fence until I'm able to rearrange/re-do the collection room to see what kind of space I have, but hopefully I'm able to grab one at some point.  I was just hoping I could do it this spring, so I could start saving for the Turbo Tank in the fall.

Offline sharke

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 29, 2009, 07:28 PM »
Brian, both the AT-TE and Millennium Falcon are open stock items meaning that any store can re-order at anytime.  Wal-Mart/Target may have clearanced them out, but apparently TRU is still ordering them.

At Toy Fair, Hasbro said that you will most likely see both the AT-TE and the BMF back at retail in the new Red/White style packaging (I know TRU was mentioned as ordering the repackaged versions for sure). 

sweet! I passed on it in the begging and am still kicking myself for that. now, I can't find them anywhere...but still a bunch of BMFs...wtf?