Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107502 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: AT-TE to be released next fall in 2008!
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2007, 03:19 PM »
AT-TE - Check.

Sideshow Playsets - Next Please.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2007, 03:31 PM »
And this is my personal favorite.  The Sandpoopers don't even bother asking for any details or further confirmation on the AT-TE itself--they just jump right to what type of pack-ins it will have.  Awesome.

Will the AT-TE come with some new type of clone driver? (ST, 11/09/07)

We have not officially confirmed (despite reports from the Dallas show) that there will be at AT-TE in the line.  We merely said that if we did it, it would have to be pretty big. Folks are reading between the lines at what we have said earlier, and that's fine, but it's a big vehicle to tackle and it's not 100% certain yet that we will be able to deliver. So....until we have officially confiirmed, which we hope will be Toy Fair time, it's still a wish list item.  There are so many uncertainties with cost, etc. that we would also have to see what is left for a budget to see if a new driver could make it in or whether we would look to do a driver in a different pack.

Nice job, 'Poops.

Hopefully a couple of the other sites will come through, to hopefully shed some more light on this developing situation.  Stay tuned; we'll keep you informed.

Maybe now Hasbro can answer the question.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2007, 04:02 PM »

Here, I'll answer it for them:

No comment at this time.  Check back at Toy Fair.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2007, 04:32 PM »
If there was a pack-in, they'd probably slap in 1 or 2 ROTS AT-TE Tank Gunners and call it a day.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2007, 04:39 PM »
If there was a pack-in, they'd probably slap in 1 or 2 ROTS AT-TE Tank Gunners and call it a day.

That's what I'm expecting.

However they may do a slight retool of it to make it a "commander" gunner. Either a repaint or different shoulder armor. Just something very small to distinguish it enough from the other gunners.

And if they do, I can hear the complaining already...

Well, if I buy three of these and it does come with a special figure, I may trade two of them. have to wait and see I guess.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2007, 04:43 PM »

That's what I'm expecting.

However they may do a slight retool of it to make it a "commander" gunner. Either a repaint or different shoulder armor. Just something very small to distinguish it enough from the other gunners.

And if they do, I can hear the complaining already...

Well, if I buy three of these and it does come with a special figure, I may trade two of them. have to wait and see I guess.

Well le tme know becuase iw ill only want the figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_shadow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2007, 07:25 PM »

I agreed that hasbro would answer it that way.  I think a better ? would be--  If an at-te would be made and it would be around $100 would it have electronics and/or pack in figures?

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2007, 08:53 PM »

That's pretty optimistic.  They like to hold stuff for Comic-Con too.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline darthchuckmc

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2007, 09:42 PM »
If it IS a Target exclusive, then they'll probably be hush hush about it. If it's a general release item, they may be a little more forthcoming since word is out. I'm sure they'll say "Details at Toy Fair, you all will be pleasantly surprised.".....and then, we won't.  :'(

My guess on the size and "play" features.

It'll measure around 22" long and be about 8" wide, not counting the legs of course. There will be a canopy that lifts and holds 1 Driver (included). The body will be hinged just above each rear leg and clip in the middle on the top. There will be room to sit 3 Clones on each "bench" on either side. The guns on either side of the cockpit and chin guns will "ball rotate". The main cannon on top will rotate 360, and fire a projectile. There will be a seat that holds the AT-TE Tank Gunner figure (also included). The legs will be articulated at the "hip" and "knee" joints. There will be 2 more "ball rotating" guns on the rear. No sound effects, and the driver will look like the gunner without the pauldron, and have a farout paint scheme we'll most likely hope they rerelease as a "Legends" figure because it's so GD cool.

That's just my guess though....

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2007, 10:14 PM »
Count me in for two!
Time to start making some room!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2007, 12:30 AM »
I'm happy for you guys, and there will be one more available in Louisiana stores  ;D. Yes, the bitter old purist in me speculates on what OT resculpts could have been done with all that plastic, LOL.  But if it sells well, it's good for the line as a whole.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2007, 01:15 AM »
Pack ins... not something I'm too concerned about.  Sure, a nice figure would be welcome, but I'm just happy this beast is coming.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2007, 09:36 AM »
I suppose this will be out in the 4th Quarter, when I really can't afford one.

Since it has a DCPI # already, I'm sure it'll be out way sooner than that.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline darthchuckmc

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2007, 12:55 PM »
The Imperial Shuttle DPCI turned up about 6 1/2 months before the Shuttle actually came out. The number was spotted around mid-May (the 14th actually, when I reported it to RS) So, if that's roughly the same time frame for this, we may see it by mid-June or early July.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2007, 08:23 PM »
I just read the 411 spot on RS, and AT-TE is going to fit no less than 20 clone troopers.  Very cool.

Star Wars AT-TE
This bad boy is going to be big. Packaged for the Clone Wars Series, Collectors can expect to see a vehicle with lights and sounds that can fit no less than 20 clone troopers!