Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107506 times)

Offline darthchuckmc

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: AT-TE to be released next fall in 2008!
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2007, 10:16 PM »
Glad my guess was wrong  :o

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2007, 12:20 AM »
I think Hasbro's starting to realize that there's much more demand for larger items than their 1999 Episode One research told them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2007, 08:59 AM »
I saw this news over the weekend here, and its great to hear further confirmation on this one.  I'd really like to get one, but with all the stuff mentioned on the 411s, I'll just have to see if I can afford it.  Like others, it depends on when it hits as well.  RS's 411 mentions a retooled Falcon as well, and I know I'll want one of those, so hopefully these two won't be too close together in releases.  And I thought I was going to cut back next year  ::)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2007, 10:01 AM »
20 clones, now that's what I'm talkin' about.

How would people feel if it came with removable seats for the troops to give two staging options?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2007, 12:44 PM »

How would people feel if it came with removable seats for the troops to give two staging options?
Nah, if the report is true about holding 20 clones AND having lights and sounds, then I"m good with that.

So long as it's a reasonably close scale size (and how can it NOT be if it can hold 20 clones), then at this point, if the report is true, I've got NOTHING to complain about.

The price is RIGHT compared to what's been reported about what we are getting.

So this is the time to put up or shut up regarding we collectors.

Please for everyone of you who wants one, get it at retail! Full price! Otherwise we're not going to see large vehicles again and the chance of playsets will go down the toilet with it as well.

Now if you want multiples of the AT-TE, I can understand waiting to purchase a second or third one, but PLEASE get your first one at full price.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2007, 01:23 PM »
I don't think its fair to say us collectors need to put up or shut up in this case. I agree if hasbro sold these out at $100 each we would see other large scale vehicles. But I'm not going to pay a $100 for a vehicle I want just to hope it gets me a $100 vehicle I do want down the line.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2007, 02:20 PM »

Nah, if the report is true about holding 20 clones AND having lights and sounds, then I"m good with that.

So long as it's a reasonably close scale size (and how can it NOT be if it can hold 20 clones), then at this point, if the report is true, I've got NOTHING to complain about.

Please for everyone of you who wants one, get it at retail! Full price! Otherwise we're not going to see large vehicles again and the chance of playsets will go down the toilet with it as well.

Now if you want multiples of the AT-TE, I can understand waiting to purchase a second or third one, but PLEASE get your first one at full price.

-Sal

^ Agreed 100%. 

What's ridiculous though is you know there will be people waiting for it to go on clearance because they say they can't afford it at full price, yet they buy all the repacked figures because they are completists.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2007, 02:44 PM »

-Sal

^ Agreed 100%. 

What's ridiculous though is you know there will be people waiting for it to go on clearance because they say they can't afford it at full price, yet they buy all the repacked figures because they are completists.

Oh gawd, do you speak truth there, brother...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2007, 02:51 PM »
I don't think its fair to say us collectors need to put up or shut up in this case. I agree if hasbro sold these out at $100 each we would see other large scale vehicles. But I'm not going to pay a $100 for a vehicle I want just to hope it gets me a $100 vehicle I do want down the line.

Well, I'll have to respectfully disagree with you hear.

We have all read how Hasbro has been VERY apprehensive to doing playsets and NEW large vehicles. This is OUR chance to show them they were not wrong for making the AT-TE and that there IS a market for larger toys.

If we DON'T buy this one then chances for other large SW toys will pretty much go out the window.

I applaud Hasbro for taking yet another risk on us and seemingly giving us what many of us have desired for 5 years now. So it's to THOSE people I implore to buy at least one at full retail price. You want it, you're getting it, so buy it already.

In a small way, I hope these kind of trickle out, so it creates a sense of urgency to buy them, then we might not be enticed into waiting for them to clearance. Making them and exclusive can help, but since we already know Target at least is getting them, if they are  a Target exclusive, there will be a subset of people who will take their chances and wait for them to clearance.

This sends the wrong message to Hasbro.

It's CLEAR many collectors want the AT-TE, so yes, I do have to say in good conscience that it's time for we collectors to step up to the plate and buy this. heck I'll even go so far as to say we should be promoting the heck out of this toy on all of the major sites, so even casual passersby on the collecting sites will know of this in advance and potential create more buzz about it and more sales at retail.

Again, this is a respectful disagreement and not meant to incite a riot or flame.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2007, 03:19 PM »
After how well the Imperial Shuttle sold at $60.00, even the Endor AT-AT for $100.00, and basically everything else the past couple years, I'd say that AT-TE will do fine.  Especially since it's a new vehicle and will be the first NEW big item offered in nearly 10 years!

Anything that's got a military feel to it in Star Wars is going to do well I think.  The EPI Royal Starship was $100.00 and while I liked it, it didn't have the flavor of "war" that we see in the other films.  That's why it didn't do well, at least in my opinion... plus it wasn't released at the initial launch of EPI merchandise, when it should have been.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2007, 05:08 PM »
After how well the Imperial Shuttle sold at $60.00, even the Endor AT-AT for $100.00, and basically everything else the past couple years, I'd say that AT-TE will do fine.  Especially since it's a new vehicle and will be the first NEW big item offered in nearly 10 years!

Anything that's got a military feel to it in Star Wars is going to do well I think.  The EPI Royal Starship was $100.00 and while I liked it, it didn't have the flavor of "war" that we see in the other films.  That's why it didn't do well, at least in my opinion... plus it wasn't released at the initial launch of EPI merchandise, when it should have been.

Well that and the opinion by many that TPM sucked... (I tolerated it just fine...)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2007, 05:34 PM »
I was ok with it... though it's by far the weakest of the films for me... so much of it was cool though, Theed was great, I actually liked the political aspects of it, etc.  The parts that let me down were the Gungan scenes (I think an established OT species like Ithorians would have been much, much more appealing) and the Podrace stuff didn't do much for me.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2007, 05:39 PM »
Hasbro will re-release this thing 10 times in the next 15 years.  If they don't make all their money back right now, they will when they paint it up with Tiger Stripes, or desert dust effect, or EU Snow Effects...

I'll buy one now at full price - but I don't think it's the death of the large-scale item if some of these make it to clearance.

They've been selling the same AT-AT mold for almost 30 years!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2007, 03:54 AM »

I think that's funny that some say that then go out and buy 2 mid sized vehicles, 1 to open and 1 to keep boxed.

I for one am buying at least one at full price.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2007, 06:48 AM »
if it looks good i will buy one but sometihing tells me it will be like $150 CDN and that is IF it comes the the TRU in my area.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: