Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 108058 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2008 Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Also, the live action show hasn't even really started production. So who knows if that will ever even really get off the ground. I think the success of the cartoon AND toys for the cartoon are going to play into the live show being done or not and for how long.

So I chose to actively omit the live show as a reference point to a midnight madness. heh heh

Fair points and fair enough.  ;D
As long as we get some cool toys and keep SW alive is all I care about. I have invested too much to see this end. I need new figures now!!!! I already have 2008 wave 1 & 2 and my SW figure crack-whore shakes are kicking in.

This drought is going to be difficult.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2008, 08:58 AM »
...I already have 2008 wave 1 & 2 and my SW figure crack-whore shakes are kicking in.

This drought is going to be difficult.....

Ha, you're lucky you even got any of the 2008 stuff. I've been "sober" for a few weeks now, but my crack is delivering from HTS next week, so I'll try to stick it out. The methodone Transformers figures just aren't cutting it anymore and I don't want to up that dosage...lol

(Gawd the crazy sh** we discuss)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Maybe this has been seen before, but I just noticed some pics over at SSG showing what looks like some shots of the unpainted proto of the AT-TE.  The interesting thing to me was some pics of a kid playing with the vehicle, which really gives some perspective as to the size of the AT-TE.  Wow.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2008, 12:37 PM »
I did see those before, looks pretty cool in the dominant gray scheme... makes me want to get one to repaint all gray for the OT era.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 12, 2008, 02:13 PM »
Maybe this has been seen before, but I just noticed some pics over at SSG showing what looks like some shots of the unpainted proto of the AT-TE.  The interesting thing to me was some pics of a kid playing with the vehicle, which really gives some perspective as to the size of the AT-TE.  Wow.

Yeah, but those blue balls got me all kinds of scared!

Though, if my fiancee bought one of these for me, it would be the first time I'd be happy to have blue balls, lol.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: March 12, 2008, 03:09 PM »
The unpainted grey AT-TE with the blue color on those gun turrets was actually the model our sources spotted prior to Toy Fair in our report.  The vehicle is a pretty early prototype, and had all the features and such, however no paint applications and some seemingly miscolored pieces for whatever reason. 

I wouldn't doubt an Imperial redecoration of the AT-TE though, in a more simple grey, should this sell really well...  All signs point to Hasbro really using this as a test to see how big ticket items move. 

The AT-TE really could open doors for a lot of different things if it's a good seller.  More than people may even realize. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #261 on: March 12, 2008, 07:45 PM »
It looks so awesome ... thanks for the link Brian!
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline MikeS

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • All Australian Star Wars News
« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2008, 03:50 PM »

Here's a comparision shot for ya's ^

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2008, 04:19 PM »
Thanks Mike that's interesting seeing them compared to the SA AOTC Clone.  Very cool...  It actually doesn't look terribly different.  I'd classify it as "different enough", but still well done.  The blasters look surprisingly detailed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2008, 05:10 PM »
The funny thing is that I prefer that outward-sloping "bucket" look to what we actually got in AOTC.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2008, 06:06 PM »
The animated style is really starting to grow on me. :-\ :-X
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline MikeS

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2008, 03:16 AM »
Thanks Mike that's interesting seeing them compared to the SA AOTC Clone.  Very cool...  It actually doesn't look terribly different.  I'd classify it as "different enough", but still well done.  The blasters look surprisingly detailed.

Not a problem!
Yes, the blasters are really well detailed:

That really surprised me as did the removeable belt!

More pics here in my photobucket album.

Offline GrandMasterYoda

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2008, 09:23 AM »
The Clone Wars animated style does look good. My favorite armor has alwasy been the Phase 1, and I think they've done a great job keeping it's likeness. The legs are a little thinner and the helmet is a little larger, but this is common in many animations: big heads and upper bodies with smaller legs. In an art class in college (human composition) we learned that this is usually the proportions that we have until we reach the end of our growth cycles. It's most easily detected in babies, they usually have big heads compared to the rest of their bodies. Yoda is proportionally similiar, his head is almost a fourth of his body.

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2008, 04:06 PM »
that is a nice comparison look at the clones
i still like the original better than animated ones after looking at the pic
i will definitly buy the atte for my clones

Offline MikeS

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 14, 2008, 08:37 PM »
I don't know what the deal is with the removeable belt???