Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107312 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2008 Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #270 on: May 14, 2008, 08:57 PM »
I would guess it's removable to help them add/subtract different belts/kamas as needed so they can re-use the Clone legs.

Or maybe it's more removable than intended since it's an early/leaked figure?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline MikeS

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • All Australian Star Wars News
« Reply #271 on: May 15, 2008, 02:17 AM »
I would guess it's removable to help them add/subtract different belts/kamas as needed so they can re-use the Clone legs.

Very good point!

Offline GrandMasterYoda

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 15, 2008, 08:37 AM »
Jeff has a good point and is probably right on the mark. Speculation makes me wonder though, if it might be a good way to add on other accessories: backpack, jetpack, heavy rocket launcher, grappling hook launcher, etc...time will tell.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 15, 2008, 02:23 PM »
Gotta admit those clones look good, but I think it's the weathering on them that I really like. 

Offline GrandMasterYoda

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Chewie, I feel the same way about the Force Unleashed troopers. It makes them look like hardened warriors, don't you think?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2008, 05:04 PM »
I do like those troopers too... I just wish they had a bit more weathering... I might have to do a little work on mine.   :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 6, 2008, 10:01 AM »
There's a new Walk though video for this.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 7, 2008, 02:23 AM »
Very cool look at the AT-TE.  I guess for the price tag, you should get that much playability from the toy.  Off to the left looked like new Falcon and may be the sticker sheet for the AT-TE?  I'm still saving up for this guy.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 9, 2008, 06:12 PM »
Just saw about 8 of these in a "dump" in the middle of an aisle at a Wal-Mart, with electronic blasters on the other half.  $99.96 a pop for the AT-TE.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 9, 2008, 06:16 PM »
Just saw about 8 of these in a "dump" in the middle of an aisle at a Wal-Mart, with electronic blasters on the other half.  $99.96 a pop for the AT-TE.

What area of the country?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 9, 2008, 06:31 PM »

What area of the country?

Pretty sure he's in Cali - Justin   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 9, 2008, 09:09 PM »

I assumed so as well, but figured I would check.  The Pittsburgh guys have been finding stuff early lately as well, so one can always hope its closer to home!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 10, 2008, 09:16 AM »

Dude! I bet I know which one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 10, 2008, 09:42 AM »

I assumed so as well, but figured I would check.  The Pittsburgh guys have been finding stuff early lately as well, so one can always hope its closer to home!

Wait, WHAT???

That's news to me. I haven't seen any CW stuff. The only thing that I know of reported by we Pittsburgh guys has been the cheapo printed materials, not any of the toys.

I WISH I could find this stuff early. I don't want to have to scramble for this stuff on 7/26. I just hope merchandise at my TRU is plentiful and that they keep things organized. I plan on being there EARLY so it shouldn't be a problem. However, you never know when some over zealous fan or scalper may push you aside to get to the toys.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #284 on: July 10, 2008, 02:45 PM »
Yeah I think you got fed some misinformation Jman...  That or someone is finding stuff and not sharing. :P

Hell, we don't even have much 30th stuff at some stures anymore.  I know my nearby WM's depleted of just about everything when less than a month ago the pegs were full.  Not sure why that happened or how, but our stores are starting to run dry.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77