Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 108277 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #330 on: July 27, 2008, 04:27 PM »
I see the safety concerns, but the AT-AT has never had this problem...it the AT-TE that much bigger?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #331 on: July 28, 2008, 03:26 AM »
Mine are on and they're fine...   ???  I wouldn't put much weight on the AT-TE beyond the designed inteiror stuff.

Here's a possibility for the adventurous...  THe little prongs on the gear that goes into the hole may be too close together and need spaced outward just a hair.  The fear there is snapping one of the prongs, but it was immediately where my mind went for a "fix" and possible reason the thing isn't going together right for some.

Mine are pretty sturdy though... T hey come off which I dig for "battle damage" looks, but they're not falling off or anything.  Snapped in just fine for me, so far.  I just built it like an hour or two ago.  Very fun, very huge...  I'm so beat right now, I can't gush over it like I want, but it's just a great toy from top to bottom.  Hasbro knocked this behemoth out.  And in person I can't help but think it's to-scale or so close that the difference is pretty negligible (like the difference between 1:18 and 1:20 scales, etc.).  It needs some detail work I think, but it's a great piece...

I'm wondering if one were to want to, how easily they could gut the interior/electronics and whatnot, and make an Incredible Cross Sections accurate interior.  I'd really like to, but man this thing takes up space. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 28, 2008, 03:26 PM »
I didn't know to put this in this thread or in the Comic Con one, but at Comic Con at the
Titans Magazines booth, if you signed up for a subscription to Star Wars Insider, you were entered
to win a AT-TE!!
And I won!!! ;D
Whats even better, they will ship it to my house, no cost!(I don't live in San Diego)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 28, 2008, 04:41 PM »
Wow! Congratulations! That's quite a prize. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 28, 2008, 04:59 PM »
Mentioned to people at the Hasbro booth about the legs. They looked and sounded genuinely concerned and said the would monitor response from the boards and customer service. Also mentioned it to Brian at Hasbro and he sounded concerned, but also mentioned that, engineering wise, they designed the legs to fall off under a certain amount of pressure for safety reasons.  If they make it too solid, they run the risk of breaking the legs all together. He said that was a tough design from an engineering standpoint.

I'm definitely willing to cut them some slack on this.

Of note, two other collectors in my area have experienced the same thing - put the legs in place, pick it up, set it back down gently, and SMACK!  A leg or two pops off.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 28, 2008, 05:23 PM »
I think it's worth the trouble. This thing is so gorgeous, I just can't stay angry with it. :-*
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #336 on: July 28, 2008, 09:59 PM »
Is everyone making sure the legs are "level" with one another too?  It can be tricky, and any legs higher than others would effectively redistribute the weight unevenly to the legs on the ground, and put too much strain on them.

Also try not putting the wheels on...  I didn't first because it keeps the feet off the ground, but also leaving them off redistributes weight around the diameter of all the feet rather than centered on the "wheels" which could effectively put too much weight on a leg and pop it off.

I've been lucky with mine thus far and hope a 2nd one (when I get it) is just as quality.  Love this behemoth.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2008, 09:18 AM »
For those who aren't having problems, try deploying the ramp a few times. That's when my problems with the legs really started - the pressure of hitting the button on the body. Just sitting there, I can manipulate the legs to hold everything up. As soon as my kids start to play with it, i.e. pressing buttons, legs start falling off.  :'(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 29, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Time for a stupid question.  Have any of you tried to mount your AT-TE climbing a wall as shown in the trailer -  which I've heard a few comments on regarding space issues?

If so - I'd love to hear the details and see pics.   :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:33 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #339 on: July 30, 2008, 12:56 AM »
If, and I stress if, I were to do that, I'd probably simply use wall hooks screwed into beams.  The legs aren't sturdy enough to hold it up.  I press the door deploy button all the time by the way Anton, and it works fine without hurting the legs.

I dunno...  I say again, if you're adventurous, try making those hook tabs on the legs stick out a bit farther.

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 31, 2008, 12:48 AM »
Anybody who knows. What is the length measurement for the AT-TE? Just wondering.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 31, 2008, 10:41 PM »
Time for a stupid question.  Have any of you tried to mount your AT-TE climbing a wall as shown in the trailer -  which I've heard a few comments on regarding space issues?

If so - I'd love to hear the details and see pics.   :)

You're asking for pics of someone mounting an AT-TE? That is just sick.  >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #342 on: August 1, 2008, 12:04 AM »
For those who aren't having problems, try deploying the ramp a few times. That's when my problems with the legs really started - the pressure of hitting the button on the body. Just sitting there, I can manipulate the legs to hold everything up. As soon as my kids start to play with it, i.e. pressing buttons, legs start falling off.  :'(

I must have picked a "good" one, because my AT-TE withstood the ultimate test this afternoon... 

My twin 2-year olds got their first look at my AT-TE and after 15 minutes of pushing buttons, launching missiles, opening doors, and jamming figures in the back hatch, all of the legs were still attached.  If it can withstand them, I'm sure the legs on mine are just fine.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 2, 2008, 07:39 PM »
Bought 2 AT-TE's, put 1 together.  The legs do fall off very easily.  It's pretty annoying.  So I returned the 2nd one because there is enough of us reporting this that I think Hasbro will be correcting this somewhere down the line.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 4, 2008, 09:42 AM »
I saw that Target had this for sale for $10 cheaper this week, so I was awfully tempted.  If I hadn't just dropped so much money on the 26th, I'd be all over it - but I'll have to hold off for now.  I still need to re-do the display to figure out where everything is going to fit, and I think I was lucky enough to get the wife's approval on the Falcon, let alone another $100 ship.  On a side note, the three places I visited this weekend (Target, Super Target, TRU), all had a few of these in stock (no Falcons though), so they must be continuing to replenish these (or people are waiting right now).