Author Topic: Price range of Blue Snaggletooth?  (Read 62956 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Price range of Blue Snaggletooth?
« on: October 29, 2007, 08:14 PM »
Pretty straight forward question for all of you vintage gurus - how much should I expect to pay for a loose and preferably complete Blue Snaggletooth?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Price range of Blue Snaggletooth?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 08:30 PM »
Depends on the condition you want Brad, the better the more you pay. Via the completed auctions on the bay, he ranges from $90.-$200. & AFA well nix that.  ::)

The paint on the boots are the main thing. The more wear the boots, the less he would go for as with the head & hands.

IMO, a good complete one would be around $125.-$150. range, others will have a different opinion on the price.

Offline Darth1

• Youngling
  • Formerly known as Reconsgt
    • View Profile
    • ImperialShipYards
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 09:13 PM »
I tend to agree with Dale, for a nice example with good silver on the boots I would expect to pay around $125   some can be had for less some more, I won't even go into the AFA stuff as I think it's nuts to pay for someones opinion expecially on a loose figure. The 2 versions of the toe also seem to be close in price,
imperialshipyards comming soon to a galaxy near you     I want my 2 dollars

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 11:31 PM »
I've been trying to find one in above average shape for a few years now.  Not really actively seeking one, but I've yet to find a really solid one for under $100.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 01:56 PM »
I'm in the market for one as well.... I haven't seen one with great paint sell for less than $150 - so I'm expecting to drop about that when I finally pull the trigger on one.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 12:04 AM »
You could also luck out on a BIN or have a friend do so for you.  I got a beaut for $92 from Dale :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 12:12 AM »
Yeah, that was just over 3 yrs ago tho. Still a cherry piece at that price IMHO. Keep looking guys, like Brent mentioned you could luck out on a bin.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 01:13 AM »
I've got my eye on several blue snaggletooths at the moment, and I think I might sneak away with one. Maybe.

In the meantime, tonight I won a Han Solo w/ Carbonite, coin and cardback included... It turned out to be $60-ish with shipping. Should I be embarrassed? I've never been really "up" on the going rate of POTF figures, so I'm not sure if it was the best bargain or not. It was the best thing I found on eBay, or on any website, at least.

I've got two priceguides, one is 17 years old and the other is 5 years old. The older says he's worth $75, and the newer is at $95.

The snaggletooth is listed at $60 in the old, and $190 in the new.

Maybe I should have bought the snaggletooth 17 years ago? I was only 6 years old when the book was published, so I can only imagine $60 then is what $190 is to me now.  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 01:36 AM »
In the meantime, tonight I won a Han Solo w/ Carbonite, coin and cardback included... It turned out to be $60-ish with shipping. Should I be embarrassed? I've never been really "up" on the going rate of POTF figures, so I'm not sure if it was the best bargain or not. It was the best thing I found on eBay, or on any website, at least.

I say ya did good Brad, I have seen him go for $60. plus without the coin.

I've got two priceguides, one is 17 years old and the other is 5 years old. The older says he's worth $75, and the newer is at $95.

The snaggletooth is listed at $60 in the old, and $190 in the new.

Maybe I should have bought the snaggletooth 17 years ago? I was only 6 years old when the book was published, so I can only imagine $60 then is what $190 is to me now.  ;D.

Price guides eh! Phhhhhhhhhhhht! Only good if they came perforated on a roll if you know what I mean. Prices guides mean ****, absolutely ****. They are always out of wack & never up to date.

The best way to get current prices Brad is to check completed auctions on the bay, that to me & maybe others sets the standard prices of what items go for. Some less, some more depends on things I guess. Set in mind what you want & check out the rates plus & minus & go from there. Always remember, bid what you want to pay & no more. Things will take time, never rush, plenty of stuff on the auction block, be patient.  ;)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 09:51 AM »
Did pretty good at $60 for the one you got.  I'm going to rub this in a bit...back in the first part of they year, I picked up a pretty good Carbonite Han MOC, slightly yellowed bubble and probably C7 back for $95 shipped.  Auction was ending in the middle of the afternoon so there wasn't really anybody to bid against. 

As for the original question, Dale nailed it.  I've been passively looking for one lately, but I feel like the price has spiked a bit so I've been laying off.  It may just be my imagination though.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 11:36 AM »
I managed to score my Han /Carbonite for about $45 shipped - just about the same price I dropped on the A-Wing pilot recently.  Both perfect - with the black gun for the pilot.  I didn't get a coin with Han, but I did with the pilot.

With 4 more figures to go - I'm thinking about selling all my unleashed off and using whatever I can get for those towards Blue Snag and Yak Face if I can do well on them.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 11:56 AM »
I feel pretty good about my Carbonite Han purchase. I was watching a similar auction last night and it ended at $66, and it'll be shipped from Australia.

I'm watching about a half dozen Blue Snaggletooth's right now... Two of them in particular look promising for me, as far as my chances to win. I think $65 is about as high as I'm going to go, though. $65 won't get me a Near Mint, but what I can get with it should tide me over for a long time.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 03:00 PM »
Yeah $60 is definitely good for Han Carb, I think that's what I got mine for.

eBay is also definitely the way to go for finding the current value of almost any collectible. It's always been my thinking (and this is how the price guides use to come up with their numbers) that a collectible's value is always set at what it most recently sold for. Unfortunately for Blue Snaggletooths that seems to be in the range of $100-$150 based on condition nowadays. Good luck!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 07:43 PM »
Well, I finally went nuts and pulled a Buy It Now. $114 for a Blue Snaggletooth w/ gun.

:-X

Good quality, boots are clean. Glad I can stop thinking about it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 09:11 PM »
Well, I finally went nuts and pulled a Buy It Now. $114 for a Blue Snaggletooth w/ gun.

:-X

Good quality, boots are clean. Glad I can stop thinking about it.

Ugh.  Nice find, but sucks to have to break a Benjamin for one.  Like you said, I'm sure its nice to have it out of the way.  This is the only vintage fig I'm still missing.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today