Author Topic: Price range of Blue Snaggletooth?  (Read 11512 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Price range of Blue Snaggletooth?
« Reply #30 on: June 3, 2009, 11:57 PM »
That looks to be a good score there, nice job! I'd personally have reservations on buying a Blue Snaggletooth without seeing it in hand - it sounds like as if you're concerned as well. The picture looks good, but considering it was taken on a scanner bed it could be the lighting. Hopefully it will be as good as the picture makes out to be, cause you've a potentially great score here.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 4, 2009, 03:54 AM »
That looks to be a good score there, nice job! I'd personally have reservations on buying a Blue Snaggletooth without seeing it in hand - it sounds like as if you're concerned as well. The picture looks good, but considering it was taken on a scanner bed it could be the lighting. Hopefully it will be as good as the picture makes out to be, cause you've a potentially great score here.

I doesn't look like it was scanned, it's taken against a black cloth like background by the looks of the sellers other auctions.

He looks pretty good, dented toe version.  8)  I still need that one.

I have seen these BS's go for cheap lately & with bin's. This BS went for a song even tho the torso is faded!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 4, 2009, 11:50 AM »
I have seen these BS's go for cheap lately & with bin's. This BS went for a song even tho the torso is faded!

$45?  That's crazy.  The torso color difference would drive me nuts, but the boot and hand paint is really nice.

I have a question on the toe dent.  What's the background on this?  Is either version more rare than the other?  I have a spare toe dented BS for trade if anyone has one without the dent.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #33 on: June 4, 2009, 12:08 PM »

I hope so as well - I figured it was worth the price, but I always get paranoid after a good sale on ebay, like maybe there's something I missed.... I'll let y'all know about it when it arrives.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 4, 2009, 12:14 PM »
I have a question on the toe dent.  What's the background on this?  Is either version more rare than the other?  I have a spare toe dented BS for trade if anyone has one without the dent.

As posted from Chris Georgoulias on RS...

It's a manufacturing flaw. Something got lodged in the mold (or one of the molds) sometime during production.

blue snaggletooth

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 4, 2009, 01:46 PM »
Thanks for the background on this - very helpful.  That link also provides a great read on the netiquette of using ALL CAPS.  Pretty funny stuff.   :)
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 4, 2009, 01:52 PM »
I just took some pic's of my BS that I got back in 2003 .

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 4, 2009, 03:24 PM »
Wow, that is the mintiest Snags I think I've seen yet.  Nice non-dent version as well!  What did you pay for it back in the day?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #38 on: June 4, 2009, 06:13 PM »
I can remember back when I was four or five and every once and a while an old antique shop would be loaded with minty figures in snack bags crammed onto pegboard... $5 a bag. Golly.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #39 on: June 4, 2009, 06:45 PM »
Damn Dale that's pristine.  I'm hoping to be in the market for one that's got to be super clean in terms of paint sometime around September.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 5, 2009, 03:57 AM »
Yeah, that BS is a beauty. You should have see the look on my face when I got it...  :o

What did you pay for it back in the day?

I think it was somewhere between $150.-$175. shipped, not more than that.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #41 on: June 5, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Dale, yours is gorgeous. Hang onto that one!

Got mine yesterday - it's about a nice as I assumed. Here's some pics:

Some rubs on the boots, and a slight one on the left hand. Looks like a dented boot variation. I'm happy with it, really - good deal all around!

Here's the happy family:

« Last Edit: June 5, 2009, 09:32 AM by Carpeteria3000 »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 5, 2009, 09:43 AM »
Cool collection - I'd love to have a set like that someday.

Please tell me that you don't have that set up in your kitchen.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 5, 2009, 09:47 AM »
Oh no worries, my BS will be with me for along time.  ;)  Even tho I hate them, I really wonder what grade AFA would give it? 80-85 me thinks, a 90 would be cool.

Yep, that's a nice catch on that BS. Looks great for the price, I've seen that condition go for a bit more. A very nice display of the figures, IKEA BERTBY wall cabinets?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 5, 2009, 10:07 AM »
Please tell me that you don't have that set up in your kitchen.

HAhaha!  I can't even imagine...

Very nice score Carpet - that looks better than the Ebay photos and still a great deal for the price.  Nice collection photos too - those wall cabinets are cool.