Author Topic: Price range of Blue Snaggletooth?  (Read 12684 times)

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Price range of Blue Snaggletooth?
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 11:29 AM »
My new Snaggletooth has arrived, just took some quick pics, this is the dented toe version.

Here they are side by each, variation hunt is done & they are both pristine!  8)   ;D

Well, I happened upon a minty paint dented toe version blue snag myself at my local comic store and broke down and "snagged" him for $200, which for tis condition seemed fair.  For kicks and giggles, I sent him to AFA and we'll see how he does.

I couldn't help but notice the 2 different gun colors in these photos.  Mine came with a black gun.   Which is correct??   

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2012, 01:50 PM »
I couldn't help but notice the 2 different gun colors in these photos.  Mine came with a black gun.   Which is correct??

Both... Basic Rebel Blaster Colour to Figure Guide

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2012, 09:56 AM »
Blue/Black it is then.   Thanks   

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2012, 01:26 PM »
Just got the email status on my AFA blue snag grade- an 85! 

1978 KENNER STAR WARS LOOSE ACTION FIGURE / HK SNAGGLETOOTH (BLUE)  85   

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2012, 03:41 PM »
Just got the email status on my AFA blue snag grade- an 85! 

1978 KENNER STAR WARS LOOSE ACTION FIGURE / HK SNAGGLETOOTH (BLUE)  85   

How much do you have to pay for this service?  What all do you get?  Just the grade number or do they give you a more expanded report on what you send them?
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2012, 01:41 PM »
For the standard tier service, that took around 2 months' turn-around time, the loose figure grading price was approximately $30.

It will come back  in an acrylic case with the gun taped beside it and with just the one grade noted on a sticker inside the case. 

The blue and red snags are the only loose figures that I have ever sent to AFA as they are the iconic major variation known to all.  Ironicaly, the 85 blue snag got a better grade than the 80 red snag! 

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Just saw your pics...that's a very nice piece...almost everyone that I see has significant wear o nthe silver boots!!
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)