Author Topic: NBA 2007 - 2008  (Read 28274 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2007 - 2008
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2008, 09:37 AM »
It was quite the whoopin last night.  I'm so happy to see the Celtics win the title, and their "Big Three" in particular - Garnett, Allen, and Pierce.  Its nice to see them add a title to their resume.  It was really a fun game to watch I thought (unless you're a Laker fan), because Boston could almost do no wrong.  Nearly flawless basketball played, and watching Ray Allen shoot like that is a thing of beauty.  Congrats to the Celtics, hopefully they can add another one next year before everyone gets too old :).

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2008, 12:03 PM »
Congrats to Boston.  Lakers were man-handled last night.  Boston was running on all cylinders and made it look very easy.  I think someone on TV last night said it was more of a coronation than competition.  I couldn't agree more.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2008, 11:47 AM »
So, is anyone paying attention to the NBA Draft stuff leading into tonight?  It sounds like Derrick Rose is a lock at the top pick for Chicago, but it is still up in the air at 2 (Miami) and 3 (Minnesota).  Michael Beasley and OJ Mayo are the names most often connected to those picks, although there are others.  There also appears to already be a trade sending Jermaine O'Neal to Toronto to play alongside Chris Bosh (TJ Ford heading to Indy is the other principal part of the deal).  Anyways, should be an interesting draft night.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2008, 01:09 AM »
Does anyone have a team I can root for?  Kevin McHale can seriously go put his head up his ass and die from suffocation...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2008, 03:26 AM »
Does anyone have a team I can root for?  Kevin McHale can seriously go put his head up his ass and die from suffocation...

I'd let you in on a piece of the Knicks and Nets over here but...

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2008, 10:22 AM »

Yeah, McHale really doesn't know what he's doing does he?  I mean sure, he got some more "parts" from this deal - and unloaded a big crappy contract, but I think they should have stuck with Mayo.  Sure, its not like they were going to win a championship this season - but they are starting to put together a nice young team (or could have been) with Mayo, McCants, Brewer, Jefferson, etc.  I just don't see Kevin Love turning out to be nearly as good as Mayo in the pros.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2008, 12:17 PM »
Except pretty much all three of the last three draft picks are really not living up to anything they were supposed to (McCants, Foye and Brewer especially)

Getting Miller was big and McHale sounds like he wants to have Kevin Love's child if he could...ugh I am just sooooo pissed right now at my team. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2008, 12:32 PM »
Yeah, he seems quite obsessed with Kevin Love, that's for sure.  You're right, Miller was a nice pick up, and might be the best part of that deal.  I thought Foye was going to be pretty good, but hasn't shown much so far (especially when Brandon Roy was the alternative).  I would have much rather see them keep OJ Mayo though.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2008, 03:27 PM »
I'd compare him to another former Celtic doing player shenanigans, but an Ainge comparison might be too painful :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2008, 05:27 PM »
Yeah, he seems quite obsessed with Kevin Love, that's for sure.  You're right, Miller was a nice pick up, and might be the best part of that deal.  I thought Foye was going to be pretty good, but hasn't shown much so far (especially when Brandon Roy was the alternative).  I would have much rather see them keep OJ Mayo though.

Well, I'm going to have to wait about 2 years before I grade that trade.  If Love turns out to be better than Mayo plus they got Mike Miller, McHale will be end up being praised instead of hated.  So we'll see.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 2, 2008, 11:57 AM »
It looks like we have our first big free agent move of the offseason, with Baron Davis apparently signing with the Clippers.