Author Topic: Target Exclusives - Where are They All Going to Go?  (Read 21826 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Target Exclusives - Where are They All Going to Go?
« on: October 31, 2007, 10:27 AM »
I was just looking through my "to do" list, and noticed, Target really has a ton of exclusives left to show up in the last two months of the years.  I'm wondering where all of these are going to go, although I'm sure an endcap or two will be involved.  From what I can remember, we've got these on the way:

TIE Bomber
ARC-170 Fighter (Clone Wars deco)
ARC-170 Battle Pack
AT-RT Battle Pack
Battle of Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack
Battle of Endor Ultimate Battle Pack
Galactic Heroes Jabba's Palace Cinema Scene
Galactic Heroes X-Wing Cinema Scene

There might be some others I'm not remembering, but that seems like quite a few to squeeze out in two months.  Plus the fact that many of them can't "fit" in the normal Star Wars aisle.  Like I said, some might be on their own endcap (the GH packs most likely, like last year), the "Ultimate" packs will probably be a limited endcap like the Shuttles, and then that leaves the vehicles/battle pack to fit in with the normal vehicle/battle pack section in the aisle I guess.  Just a heck of a lot of exclusives for one store in a two month span it seems.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:32 AM by Brian »

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusives - Where are They All Going to Go?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 11:16 AM »
I would have to say the Endcaps is probably the best bet. Last year that was where the Snowspeeders and the battle packs were.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 11:40 AM »
That sure is a ton of stuff to come out so quickly.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 12:30 PM »
Endcaps for sure for most of it.  Also the high shelf risers above the regular aisle for the larger Battle Packs - once the endcaps sell some product, they just pull down stuff from the risers.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 1, 2007, 10:31 AM »
I was wondering the same thing. The BP's will take up the most space, and they'll only be available for a week, so that should help afterwards. I would imagine an end cap or an extended isle section though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 1, 2007, 11:42 AM »
Is it 100% confirmed that those Battle Packs will only be available to purchase for one week?  I could be wrong, but I highly doubt that.  I think someone's getting their details wrong, or at least I hope so.

It makes sense for the contest to only be open to people who bought them during that one week, but not that the items would only be available for 7 days.  I mean, what are they going to do after 7 days if they haven't all sold?  Take them off the shelves and melt the figures down?   ::)

Of course who knows these days, but I highly doubt that there's a sell date of only 11/23 - 11/29, and after that the item won't be able to be sold.  These items will most likely be available until the stores sell out, just like any other high ticket toy at Target.  They may be promoting it as a one week only, but I don't think it's going to play out that way... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Did the news source reveal a production number on these?  That could be a better indication of how easy or hard it will be to obtain these.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2007, 11:46 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: November 6, 2007, 03:40 AM »
Production numbers are rarely ever released by Hasbro, and few at Target would have access to that information either.  Each individual store's allotment varies, so calculating the exact numbers is pretty impossible unless you're the one negotiating it with Hasbro.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 9, 2007, 11:28 AM »
Is it 100% confirmed that those Battle Packs will only be available to purchase for one week?  I could be wrong, but I highly doubt that.  I think someone's getting their details wrong, or at least I hope so.

Right-- the contest is only for a week, the product will be there until Target marks it down on clearance.  I believe they used similar terminology with the shuttle last year and depending on the Target(s) you visit, that was there for more than a week.  It's possible they'll be that popular... but at $50?  I doubt it.

(Although yeah, at this rate I'm curious to see if the aisle will be 90% Hasbro product with all the exclusives.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 08:54 AM »
We were at the newer "Super Target" in town this past weekend, which is equipped with the handy price scanners where you can enter in the DCPIs.  I checked on each of Target's exclusives (or upcoming exclusives) and not a single one was "in stock" or "in warehouse".  I was a little surprised.  I'm not looking forward to all of it at once, but I'm kind of hoping something will pop up this weekend or in the next week or so here.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Alright, so the Wow BP's are going on the top shelf. That will free up lots of space. On an end cap, they can probably fit everything there. Bottom shelf - ARC 170 and At-Rt Pack, second up - ARC 170 BP's and Bomber, third shelf with standard ships and BP's and the rest of the sapce is for pegs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 02:55 PM »
I can verify the WOW BP's that DA described. I found them today in the Leapfrog aisle on the top shelf. The other stuff was not there but this is a good indication how this will work.

Darth Anton, thanks for the heads up now I can skip the madness that is Black Friday! ;D
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 04:43 PM »
Just found mine on the overstock area (look up) right above the SW action figures-- none within reach of mere mortals, but for NBA stars it shouldn't be a problem.  I was surprised they rang up at $49.00 even before tax.

No other Target exclusives yet, but these are pretty slick when you see them in person.  Easily some of Hasbro's finest packaging work in terms of appearance... one may have dropped and been somewhat crushed while getting them down, so finding C-10+ perfect ones will probably be a real challenge as the clear plastic stresses easily.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Just found mine on the overstock area (look up) right above the SW action figures-- none within reach of mere mortals, but for NBA stars it shouldn't be a problem.  I was surprised they rang up at $49.00 even before tax.

I guess that makes me no mere mortal at 6'5. :D Who needs 7ft tall NBA guys when I have the arms of a Wookie.

I was fortunate to get C-10 packages, some Targets may vary how they were handled. The 30+ I came across all looked pristine & case fresh. I am an opener, but I have to say the package is really a spectacular display.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 05:49 PM »
Congrats on the early finds guys.  Must feel nice to get some of this stuff out of the way, right?

one may have dropped and been somewhat crushed while getting them down, so finding C-10+ perfect ones will probably be a real challenge as the clear plastic stresses easily.

I was fortunate to get C-10 packages, some Targets may vary how they were handled. The 30+ I came across all looked pristine & case fresh.

I sure hope there's at least a chance of finding some minty sets.  I never once came across a boxed Shuttle last year that wasn't dinged/scratched/warped to some extent.  My hunts were scattered between 10-15 Targets to boot.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 06:01 PM »
I saw some photos of the gun tower too...  Wow, it's kind of nice, and it's friggin' big.  The logs in the Endor set are no comparison in terms of coolness.  I may now be forced to buy the Hoth set, whereas I was hoping I'd get away without nabbing these.  That gun tower is just too cool looking though. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77