Author Topic: Target Exclusives - Where are They All Going to Go?  (Read 21820 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Target Exclusives - Where are They All Going to Go?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 09:10 PM »
Called up target today, they said they had them but said they would refuse the sale becuase they have a street date for black friday.  ::) :-\
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 07:16 PM »
Called up target today, they said they had them but said they would refuse the sale becuase they have a street date for black friday.  ::) :-\

I saw a pallette of 10 cases of Ultimate Battle packs and there was a pink sticker on the side of the box that read:

"Wow or Never
Street Date:
9:00PM on Saturday
November 24th"

So I know they told you Black Friday, but I don't think they are supposed to put them out until Saturday night.

Doesn't matter, I bought two of each from this very same store yesterday. So your best bet is to try and hit your local Target as many times as you can.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 08:58 PM »
WON promo stuff isn't due to go out till, I think Sunday, but it might be Saturday...  Either way, it's not part of Black Friday promos...  They're completely separate.  The Ultimate Battlepacks are part of a promo for NEXT week, basically.

The other exclusives, from what I've heard, are intended for the week(s) following next week...  That's what we know thus far.  Anything that gets out now is stuff that isn't technically supposed to get out now, but to me a sale is a sale, so get thee out and buy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 12:54 PM »
This was the same thing as the Shuttles last year.  They weren't supposed to hit until Satuday.  I still got one Friday using the DCPI trick.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 01:38 PM »
I've been able to score all of the Target exclusives now...

AT-RT Battlepack - via target.com almost a month ago...

Ultimate Battlepacks, Clone Wars ARC-170, TIE Bomber - Monday of this week

ARC-170 Elite Corps Battlepack - today

My biggest gripe about Target's "street dates" is that they are completely fictitious and are almost NEVER adhered to, so I never just sit back and go "well, I guess I have to wait until X date".

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 04:05 PM »
Our local store seems to be pretty regiment about the dates, I don't think I've ever found anything "early" there.  I stopped in this afternoon just to check, and didn't find a thing.  I checked every aisle in the toy section as well, and didn't see anything.  Its just as well, but hopefully things will start trickling in starting Sunday.  I don't need them all at once, but one or two would be ok :).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 08:24 AM »
No exclusives out yet at my Target this morning, but it would have been nice to get some of this stuff out of the way.  I just don't feel like using the DPCI trick with this stuff for some reason.  Looks like the Ultimate BPs will be on shelf this weekend and then the rest of the exclusives will be out the following weekend.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2007, 09:08 AM »
Alright, so we now know that the endcap is just for the WOW BP's at this point. Perhaps this will change once the promotion is over to make room for the other exclusives.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 08:16 PM »
In a conversation with a fellow collector this morning, he noted that his local Target had shelf tags out for both the ARC-170 vehicle and Battle Pack, and that they had cases of both in the back that could be stocked, but for some unknown reason, Target wouldn't stock them.  I know that Wal-Mart gets a lot of flak for their shoddy distribution (and it's deserved), and I am in no way, shape, or form defending them, but Target takes the cake as far as their exclusives go.  I have never seen a retailer that is so difficult to deal with in this regard.  There's simply no excuse for the shelves to be empty when you have a tag, you have the product to put out, and for whatever reason you just don't put anything out.  Given Target's lack of simple courtesy most of the time, as well, the conspiracy theorist in me thinks they do it out of spite.

I mean, seriously, DPCIs are helpful and all, but the fact of the matter is that we shouldn't have to be using them in the first place.  Target should actually have the stuff out where it can be sold, to us or to parents shopping for Christmas, and we shouldn't have to go on a scavenger hunt to find the stuff. 

Needless to say, none of this stuff has shown up near me either, and given my last two experiences with the wonderful folks at Target here in my neighborhood (search for threads on the Mace Windu Attack Battalion and Betrayal at Felucia Battle Packs for those stories), I'm not even going to waste my time asking them to look.  Usually once they heard "DPCI", they already have their finger on the button to hang up on me.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 08:17 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 01:20 AM »
I agree with that instance Dr. P. (having a shelf tag, but no product on it as it sits in the back room).  As a once retail manager with two major companies, I can say that it's pretty inexcuseable to NOT have product on the shelves when the shelves are ready for it...  Especially at stores like Target/WM where the volume moving through is so large.  Those endcaps are regular merry-go-rounds of new stuff.

In my neck of the woods, there's no space for anything other than the UBP assortment though, and even then it seems many of the stores sold out of them beforehand, or they had one HELL of a good Sunday and sold almost all of them. ;) 

I actually had a tough time tracking down the Hoth one today...  most stores had only 2 at most on the shelves...  The other exclusives were nowhere to be found, so I had to DPCI trick those if I wanted them.  I got the ARC Battlepack, but not the AT-RT one.  I left it as I figure it'll be a little easier to track down...  I hope.

The UBP's were really fairly scarce here though...  First (nearest) Target I went to was completely out...  And I was there at 11, so it wasn't like I was running late either.  Methinks theirs got taken before the promo even was in effect.  Fortunately the larger stores had some...  But one store had 4 when I called, but when I got there they were down to 3 Endor, and 2 Hoth...  So 2 sold in the hour it took me to get there.  Yikes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 09:13 AM »
Our local Target only had space for the UBPs as well, which were on an endcap next to the action figure aisle (8 of each were on the endcap I believe).  I didn't even see space for anything else, but I guess I'd be ok if these Target exclusives trickled out a little bit each week, to spread the spending out a bit - as long as everyone can find them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 10:54 AM »
My Target only had the UBP's out as well.  When I gave them the DPCI numbers for the other stuff they pulled it all out onto a few carts but all I was interested in was the AT-RT set.  A friend I was with however got two of each of everything.

Regarding Target's policy to put stuff out, it does leave me scratching my head.  I can see that if they have a reset scheduled that they should wait to put stuff out, but if there's already a spot for it on the sales floor, then that's just poor customer service to not keep the shelves stocked.

With the DPCI's, it's on a case by case basis in my experience.  Some employees are very helpful, others are not. 

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 08:07 PM »
I went to about four or five Targets on Sunday, and, of course, the last one had all the exclusives.  The ARC-170 Battle Pack was with the other Battle Packs (as it had been at other stores), yet all the vehicles were on the "overstock"-- almost out of reach above the Pokemon toys, but they had TIE Bombers, AT-RTs, and ARC-170 vehicles up across from the SW figures.   So apparently, they go in the wrong place.  The endcaps were still stuffed with Hoth/Endor UBPs but they seem to be moving nicely.

(I'm digging the ARC-170.  It seems to be better made than my ROTS one was, plus I love not having to apply labels.  The Bomber is nice too, kinda wish they did it grey the first time, but why buy one perfect one when you can own three barely different ones, right?)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 09:35 PM »
For the record, from what our Target sources have told us here, the other exclusives have a date of 12/2 on them for release...  Basically after the WON promotion, which is something we reported on the front page a while ago...  The WON promo runs a week, and at that point the other exclusives were to "deluge" onto the sales floor...  Nothing was noted on specific shelving spots for it though, and it's likely slated for the spots where the UBP's are now (endcap).

Around Pitt the stores have been good about not putting things out, including on the risers, which they're not to do unless there's heavy backups in the stock room.

I still need the AT-RT battlepack...  The TIE Bomber if I want it, but it's grey which is inaccurate deco for the TIE Bomber, so I'm doubting I buy one...  Only Vader's TIE and the regular TIE Fighter were grey (ANH colors), while all ships afterwards are the blue-grey hull coloring of the original big-wing TIE, Interceptors, etc.  I would like the AT-RT pack but only one...  Too bad on the paintjob or I'd have wanted two probably. :(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Adam, I'm curious as to which store had all the exclusives out. All the others around here have been pretty good about keeping them in back.

I usually pull the DCPI trick, but it's never helped me get an exclusive that turned out to be elusive. So I'll just wait until Sunday.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."