Author Topic: The Playset Thread  (Read 85291 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Re: TFA 3.75
« Reply #210 on: August 1, 2016, 03:48 PM »
Speaking of Playskool, anyone else noticed that Hasbro is now experimenting with playsets in that line, but not the 3.75" line?

Mattel has huge business from its similar kiddie offerings. Hall of Doom, hall of Justice and various Batcaves.

They can also release an army builder pack for Playskool, but the most recent 3 3/4" is online only.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: TFA 3.75
« Reply #211 on: August 1, 2016, 08:55 PM »
I've always been in awe of how well Imaginext does with playsets... my son (age 9) and his friends STILL use them for stuff - Walking Dead, GI JOE and Star Wars...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: The Playset Thread
« Reply #212 on: August 3, 2016, 12:58 PM »
Attention CHEWIE (and playset fans) - please don't pass out when you hear the JD Q&A with Hasbro, which we finally managed to get posted today (thanks, tech issues!  ::)).

Playset talk is at the end (around minute 9) -> https://soundcloud.com/jedidefender/hasbro_sdcc_2016_qa
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #213 on: August 3, 2016, 09:41 PM »
Yup, it sounds like at least someone at Hasbro has them on their radar...  I only hope people buy them if (when?) they come to fruition.  If they're hallways, I'll be shocked. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 7, 2016, 11:38 PM »
Ha ha, yes!

It does sound really interesting.  I think something may be indeed be on the horizon!  Whether or not it's something that really appeals to the old guys like me... kind of doubt it.  But, that's okay - I do believe there's some 3rd party stuff coming really soon that's exactly what I've been hoping for... and the price is going to be fair...

Very nice QnA, by the way...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #215 on: August 8, 2016, 02:00 AM »
You should check out a story we did recently on Galactic Trading Post's "Space Walls".  This is more in tune with what you want for a display. They're 1/12 but are working on other things.  It's in the story here:  http://www.jedidefender.com/index.php?id=2136

They're quality pieces, I can attest.  No fuss no muss, and endlessly customizable.  Basically only limited by your budget but not expensive for what they are by any means. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 8, 2016, 10:26 AM »
Yep, that's who I'm referring to!  I was on vacation away from the interwebs when you posted that article.  What they are doing is extremely exciting and I think looks better than the Galactic Merchants stuff.... just hope they can fulfill demand and don't get in over their heads like Galactic Merchants did.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #217 on: August 8, 2016, 09:10 PM »
They're already miles ahead...  Injection molding with a high grade plastic, etc.  already fulfilled initial run.  Their stuff is outstanding.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2016, 01:48 PM »
I placed my first order today.  I'd say these guys have pretty much "nailed it" - this is exactly the type of thing I've been begging to be made now for years. 

Once the 3.75" ones are available, I'm going to probably drop a few hundred bucks on that first order.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 19, 2016, 12:06 AM »
I placed my first order today.  I'd say these guys have pretty much "nailed it" - this is exactly the type of thing I've been begging to be made now for years. 

Once the 3.75" ones are available, I'm going to probably drop a few hundred bucks on that first order.

Thanks for the tip.  I just placed an order for two of the core sets and one add on set.  I was going to get two add on sets, but it knocked the shipping up from $27 to $45.  Woot!?  I must have crossed a threshold for shipping. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 19, 2016, 03:42 PM »
I ordered the starter set and two add on sets.

I'm so sick and tired of Hasbro right now that as soon as the 3.75" sets are available, I'm going to drop a few hundred more bucks on these things.  Hasbro is so out of touch, I'm honestly getting sick and tired of them with the brand.  They have handled the 3.75" line so poorly these past several years; there's no excuses for it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 20, 2016, 04:11 PM »
For anyone else ordering, be sure to play around with different options for shipping. 

1 x Wave One Starter Pack = $9.95
2 x Wave One Starter Pack = $27   :o
2 x Wave One Starter Pack & 1x ACS 2pk = $27  (no change vs. above)
2 x Wave One Starter Pack & 2x ACS 2pk = $45   :o
1 x ACS 2pk = $4

If I had ordered my 2x Starters and the ACS 2pk all as individual orders, it would only cost $24 to ship in three packages vs. conveniently grouping them together for $3 more.  I sent their CS a head's up, so hopefully they're getting this fixed.  They also kindly offered to include free shipping on the second ACS 2-pack I was hoping to buy, so that got me back to about what it would have cost to ship each item separately.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 21, 2016, 07:20 AM »
On a related note, has anyone bought the Star Wars Blueprints Classic Deathstar Deluxe Pack Building Kit?  I've seen it on Amazon and I saw it in TRU yesterday.  And since I'm now in the process of working on my collection room I'm thinking of possibly getting this piece for a ROTJ Throne Room duel diorama.

....Just without the ridiculous looking cardboard figures.   ;D

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 21, 2016, 12:49 PM »
But with the creepy effeminate boy, right?  :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 21, 2016, 12:58 PM »
Yeah, for that added Children of the Corn effect.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback