Author Topic: Black Friday Cluster F... It's Coming!  (Read 13952 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Black Friday Cluster F... It's Coming!
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2007, 09:04 AM »
Thanks, I missed that the promotion doesn't start until Sunday. I can skip Black Friday! ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I stopped by target this morning... it was scary  :o

People were lined up to the back of the store just to pay for things. 

I walked right back out.

I did load up on craft supplies at Michaels though.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2007, 10:38 AM »
Went to WalMart this morning. Unfortunately there wasn't anything new - I was hoping they would get in a case of wave 7, 7.5 or 8.

Oh well...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2007, 09:24 AM »
I didn't go anywhere at opening, but walked into TRU later in the day a found a complete set of wave 7. Also found out that a local Target didn't stock, but had wave 7.5 in the stockroom.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2007, 01:50 AM »
I went to WM late in the day...  No good sales, so not much reason to go out and shop.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2007, 09:18 AM »
We went out on Black Friday as well, but went a little later in the morning.  Popped in at Target to pick up gifts for other family members (and check if any exclusives were out - they weren't), and then made a quick stop at Wal-mart on the way home to check for the Rebo band sets just in case (which also weren't there).  Although Target was packed with people, I have to say that our store (I don't know if it was this way everywhere) was very organized.  We took our time shopping, but the checkout time had to be less than 5 minutes, and not really any worse than a normal day.  They had people "directing traffic" by the checkout lanes though, which helped a lot.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2007, 11:20 AM »
Sort of related to the Black Friday stuff, but I noticed that EE has some nice deals on some Star Wars stuff - like the Dagobah X-Wing for $24.90 and some of the other "exclusives".  I was able to finally pick up one of the Astromech packs from a couple years back (Set 1) for $24.90 as well, now I'll just have to track down Pack 2 eventually - and when I have the extra money.  Just thought I'd pass it along to anyone who is interested, there are a few other SW items on the sale.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Although Target was packed with people, I have to say that our store (I don't know if it was this way everywhere) was very organized.  We took our time shopping, but the checkout time had to be less than 5 minutes, and not really any worse than a normal day.  They had people "directing traffic" by the checkout lanes though, which helped a lot.

Same in my neck of the woods.  I was in and out - in less than 5 minutes.  It's nice to have a plan of attack before venturing out on such a crazy morning.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2007, 04:18 PM »
It seems Target is business as usual right now. No crowds. It's weird how everyone has to shop on black friday and saturday and then its pretty normal shopping the next week. The same stuff still sits there. I'm seeing more of the Hoth/Endor battle packs being put out now.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2007, 07:17 PM »
I went to a few places on Saturday, didn't find anything of interest except for the ESB wave and a McVader at a WM that hasn't restocked seemingly in forever.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks