Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Commander Praji  (Read 16567 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Commander Praji
« Reply #15 on: November 2, 2007, 09:26 AM »
I was surprised to see this; it's almost as though Sideshow isn't interested in advertising to as many people as possible, not to mention that if it sold out they probably could have made several hundred more.  I'm not interested in buying this one, but he looks pretty good (doesn't have to be Praji specifically though, could be any black-garbed Imp).  I just wish they'd figure out a way to keep the boots from flaring out like that.

I think they are working with the Harley Davidson strategy of keeping their product relatively rare.  If they made enough for everyone, they'd probably A.) have leftover product from people that cancel and B.) have less demand due to the ease of picking these up whenever anyone wants to.  Seems odd, but they may sell more this way than if they catered to everyone.  Assuming they don't chase too many of us away.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 2, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Well I totally missed everything to do with this figure.  It was in the headlines on another site and I was like "Oh, had no idea about that."  Thankfully the figure was a background type and not a main one.  It looks like a good figure to me.  I would not pay the $60 plus for it but it's a nice officer IMO.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: November 2, 2007, 03:21 PM »
I was surprised to see this; it's almost as though Sideshow isn't interested in advertising to as many people as possible, not to mention that if it sold out they probably could have made several hundred more.  I'm not interested in buying this one, but he looks pretty good (doesn't have to be Praji specifically though, could be any black-garbed Imp).  I just wish they'd figure out a way to keep the boots from flaring out like that.

I think they are working with the Harley Davidson strategy of keeping their product relatively rare.  If they made enough for everyone, they'd probably A.) have leftover product from people that cancel and B.) have less demand due to the ease of picking these up whenever anyone wants to.  Seems odd, but they may sell more this way than if they catered to everyone.  Assuming they don't chase too many of us away.   :-\

I think their strategy to make less is good for them because they will sell every single one they make.  They would probably lose quite a bit of money if they ended up with overstock they had to sell.

Besides, I kind of like having limited items in my collection that I know not everyone will have...especially high quality items such as these figures.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 3, 2007, 01:43 PM »
Well, I'm quite annoyed by this.  I have had a hard, long week and was not able to get on the net between about 9 AM EST on the 1st until about 4 PM on the 2nd, so I completely missed out, but placed a wait list order at that time.  A little notice would have been nice so I could have tried to plan for it.  I hope that my wait list goes through since I have a complete set of the SS 12" stuff and would hate to have to go to ebay for this one.  The worst part is that SS made this a two per person order.  It would have been nice if they would have limited a secret preorder to one per person.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 3, 2007, 10:51 PM »
I'm betting a lot of the wait list people get their orders filled.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if they made this sound like a hugely limited run, then just increased production to account for the wait list folks.  manufacturers can't just make one more figure whenever they want - they have to run a production line of 'x' number of figures.  They probably sell one full production run, and if the wait list count gets big enough, they can order an extended production run.  Let's say they have to make 1,000 of these at a time.  If 1,000 sell and they have 900 wait listers, they can produce 1,000 more and be reasonably assured of selling the bulk of them.  If they only had 100 wait listers, it wouldn't make sense to product 1,000 more and be stuck with all the extras.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 5, 2007, 11:38 AM »
This line is headed for the *******....fast.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 9, 2007, 02:41 PM »
Those who missed it don't give up, I got 2 exclusives in the past getting on wait lists.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 9, 2007, 05:06 PM »
Those who missed it don't give up, I got 2 exclusives in the past getting on wait lists.

I've been able to get everything I wanted by hopping on the wait list.  I would definitely sign up if you want this figure!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 07:30 PM »
ed, I didn't mean to belittle your frustration.  I've only got Anakin, ROTS Obi-Wan Inclisive Darth Maul and a pre-order for the Exclusive ANH Obi-Wan.  If I were a completist on this line I might b frustrated as well.  I hope you luck out on the Wait List for this one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 05:20 AM »
ed, I didn't mean to belittle your frustration.  I've only got Anakin, ROTS Obi-Wan Inclisive Darth Maul and a pre-order for the Exclusive ANH Obi-Wan.  If I were a completist on this line I might b frustrated as well.  I hope you luck out on the Wait List for this one.

I just wish I would have had a little notice on this one.  I had been away from a computer for around 24 hours so I didn't even see the potential heads up on RS until after the item was sold out.  I am hoping everyone who is complaining about the sculpt but ordered anyways ends up cancelling orders.  Worse comes to worse, there is always ebay.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: December 4, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Anyone else on the wait list get notice that these are back?  I never did the wait list before and wasn't even sure I wanted the figure, but my order I think went through without me knowing it...  I wasn't around on the weekend, and apparantly they mailed that more were available...

Does your order just go through?  That's how I read it, but I wasn't so sure.  Very odd.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 4, 2007, 09:21 PM »
I think you have to give your credit card when you sign up for the wait list.  If someone cancels or their CC doesn't go thru, then they automatically charge you based on your CC information. That way they kind of guarantee that you will buy, though you can still cancel at this point.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 5, 2007, 10:31 AM »
Yes, when you sign up for the wait list it's an automatic order when one becomes available and you're sent an e-mail confirming your activation.

This happened to me twice.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: December 6, 2007, 02:49 AM »
Yeah I read it closer...  It's slightly confusing, but apparantly you sign up fo rthe waitlist and your info is just billed when they come in like any other figure.  I just, essentially, have a pre-order at this point.  I'm counting him kind of as a "militaries of" figure.  Only reason I want him.

Very neat the wait list though, you just go on, and if one comes up you basically get it...  No gripes here. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 6, 2007, 07:42 AM »
It is good to see wait list orders being activiated.  Unfortunately for me, I'm probably pretty far down the list since I didn't even hear about the figure until about a day after it was released.