Author Topic: Does Ceremony Luke's Pistol Annoy You?  (Read 7480 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Does Ceremony Luke's Pistol Annoy You?
« on: November 6, 2007, 03:36 AM »
Is it a huge deal?  No...  Is it annoying?  Well, to me, yes it is... 

Ceremonial Luke is something of an enigma as far as what pistol he's carrying on-screen, but I've always felt from "study" more or less that he's sporting Leia's blaster with him.  Well I found a site that sort of supports my claim, and that LUke is indeed running around with Leia's gun on Yavin...

So, does anyone else now have the urge to take an extra Leia pistol from a V30AC Endor Leia and hand it off to Luke?  It fits the holster well and looks decent...  Or is this just too picky? :)

EDIT:  And likewise, does anyone care that V30AC Endor Leia is also sporting the wrong blaster?  The vintage Endor had the correct one, while the new Endor Leia has the one Luke ought to have...  Maybe I just need to get a repro vintage Endor gun, and move things around a bit.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2007, 04:32 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Does Ceremony Luke's Pistol Annoy You?
« Reply #1 on: November 6, 2007, 05:41 AM »

So, does anyone else now have the urge to take an extra Leia pistol from a V30AC Endor Leia and hand it off to Luke?  It fits the holster well and looks decent...  Or is this just too picky? :)

Nah, if you were picky you'd have passed on the figure due to the pale, atrocious-likeness head, with the brown-orange hair pancake lying on it.

It's one of the worst, if not the worst, figures in all of 30AC.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2 on: November 6, 2007, 07:23 AM »
It annoys me a little bit, not as much as lightsaber hilt errors (which this one has as well) but an irritation just the same.

Sideshow was able to get the blaster correct though. I guess SSC's team of researchers are all that much better than Hasbro's
« Last Edit: November 6, 2007, 07:42 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #3 on: November 6, 2007, 08:13 AM »
Yeah, lightsaber errors bug me, but gun errors frequently go right over my head unless they are pointed out to me (as here).

Dressel raises a valid point as well....
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 6, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Yeah, lightsaber errors bug me, but gun errors frequently go right over my head unless they are pointed out to me (as here).

About the same with me. I would have never have known this tidbit about Luke's Gun.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 6, 2007, 04:40 PM »
For some reason the saber errors don't bug me as much as blaster errors...  I think it's mainly the similarity in the sabers, whereas the blasters are vastly different.  But if one wanted to, I was just thinking how you could point out accessory mistakes throughout the line really...

V30AC Hoth Han's gun is wrong...
V30AC Leia Endor's gun is wrong...
30AC Luke Ceremony, wrong...

That's just off the top of my head too, I'm sure there's many more.

To be honest about the LUke, I don't mind it much...  I'm sure with a better deco, the headsculpt wouldn't look bad.  To me, it's one of those figures that is a diamond in the rough.  The pale skin and beedie eyes are what's killing him though.  Definitely not the best work.  I still place Tatooine Luke as a much worse figure overall, but the coloring on Ceremony LUke does bring the figure down a notch.  Better though than his predecessor, and a good toy, just a bad figure for realism, that's for certain.

The pistol still annoys me, however I got a V30AC Leia in the order I placed with Hasbro not long ago, so I'm transplanting guns and she's going to be my "Briefing" Leia replacement I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #6 on: November 6, 2007, 07:31 PM »
Another classic "gun swap" error is they always seem to get the wrong blaster rifles for Boba Fett. Now that's a blaster error that annoys me.

A nit picky one is giving the Death Star Trooper the Stormtrooper blaster, I would have much rather had them give the "rebel blaster" or and least a variant switching between the 2.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: November 9, 2007, 03:51 AM »
Technically, for argument's sake, one could say that the Stormie gun's equally logical and likely, as we don't see Naval Troop's with guns drawn in ESB and they may be carrying E11's.  The Rebel blaster is accurate to at least some of the Naval Troopers in ANH though, if they were to give him that one, so that did slightly annoy me, but yes Boba's much worse.

There's also the rampant Han/Luke with wrong guns though too...  Other than Cantina Han, I don't know if they ever got him right. ;)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #8 on: November 9, 2007, 06:13 PM »
I know there's a promotional picture of Luke from ANH out there where he's clad in the Yavin Ceremony outfit sans the jacket and he's holding a blaster similar to Leia's. I've seen a pic a million times but of course when I actually want to find it (after a grueling Google and book search) I can't. The pic always struck me as odd as it's promotional material with a costume seen for about 2 minutes at the end of the movie in scenes which are not action-oriented at all, despite the blaster pointing pose Luke takes in the pic.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 12:26 PM »
I know there's a promotional picture of Luke from ANH out there where he's clad in the Yavin Ceremony outfit sans the jacket and he's holding a blaster similar to Leia's. I've seen a pic a million times but of course when I actually want to find it (after a grueling Google and book search) I can't. The pic always struck me as odd as it's promotional material with a costume seen for about 2 minutes at the end of the movie in scenes which are not action-oriented at all, despite the blaster pointing pose Luke takes in the pic.

I think there is actually one of those pics in the lateset Star Wars Insider, but don't quote me on that.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 03:12 PM »
Things like this really don't annoy me.  If it does, I have more than enough extra weapons to switch around.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 03:28 PM »

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 04:01 PM »
It doesn't really bother me.  At least not so much as the headsculpt does. Uck, that is the worst Luke likeness we've seen in the past few years.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 05:29 PM »

Yep that's the pic I was talking about, thanks for posting it Matt. The gun itself doesn't bother me, but the poor paintjob on the face does. I think the sculpt isn't horrible, it's just covered in a really pale skin paintjob that probably makes it look worse than it is. Now the 30AC Tatooine Luke, that's a horrible face sculpt...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 05:54 PM »
Not as much as that ****** up Han Solo with torture rack!!

For $6.99 $5.88, I want demand perfection!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:55 PM by ruiner »