Author Topic: Clone Wars Preview Figure - Captain Rex  (Read 80767 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: 2008 Clone Wars Preview Figure?
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2008, 02:13 PM »
Seeing that comparison shot makes me think I prefer the older style of animation.  I loved Genndy Tartakovsky's work.

Yeah, on first blush it's just a "split the difference" move, but the trailer looked awesome so I'm still hopeful.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 02:43 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Re: Commander Rex mail in offer
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2008, 02:15 PM »
Which Legends figure were they?  wasn't they suppose to be on the 08 wave of legends? or are they rehashing older waves again
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2008, 02:20 PM »
old wave, Geo C3po r2d2 ect., and figures like that..you know the no one wants already.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 02:25 PM by Darth_Ice »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2008, 04:49 PM »
Some old, and some new were all supposed to be mixed together for '08, just like the basic line if I'm not mistaken...  Maybe Ice just missed new figures someone else snagged?  Either way, this is the first report of '08 Legends figures showing up I've heard of, so that's good I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2008, 08:57 PM »
Hey, I found a bunch of TAC Legends figures with the Commander Rex offer sticker on them this morning at my local Walmart. The sticker said to get the P.O.P inside or go to Hasbro.com. I looked at Hasbro no sign of the offer. Anyway, there was no way I was going to buy those figures, so I guess we are going to wait to see what we need to get this figure.

Wal-Mart Wal-Mart Wal-Mart.  Hey Target - catch up already will ya!?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Commander Rex offer is 4 UPC codes and $6.99($7.20 for Canada). Offer ends Dec 31,2008. I'm gonna send off my offer tomorrow. See how soon I get it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2008, 02:17 PM »
So it is going to cost the same amount as a figure in the store plus we have to mail away four UPC and then wait to get it.   at that rate just release the figure with the regular line.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:18 PM by ctonra »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2008, 02:21 PM »
So it is going to cost the same amount as a figure in the store plus we have to mail away four UPC and then wait to get it.   at that rate just release the figure with the regular line.

Agreed.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Commander Rex offer is 4 UPC codes and $6.99($7.20 for Canada). Offer ends Dec 31,2008. I'm gonna send off my offer tomorrow. See how soon I get it.

WHAT?!  Its $7 plus four UPCs?  Hasbro you stink.   >:(  Why not just make it an online Exclusive and charge $20? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2008, 05:26 PM »

WHAT?!  Its $7 plus four UPCs?  Hasbro you stink.   >:(  Why not just make it an online Exclusive and charge $20? 

heck im happy..i know i will buy more then four figures so UPC are not a problem and at $7.20 that is almost saving $4 for me at this rate i will probably order two.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2008, 08:26 PM »
A figure shipped to my door, for cost basically, isn't too bad...  Especially since getting UPC's for it is a cinch already...  I've got a bag of dozens of them just waiting.  I may snag 5 or something and cut it short there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2008, 04:16 AM »
I guess it all depends on how the figure comes.

If the figure comes in a smaller white mailer box only slightly bigger than the figure and the figure is in a clear baggie, then yeah, I think $6.99 is a bit much.

If the figure comes like the George Lucas Stormtrooper figure in a larger box and all carded up, then I'm okay with that. I'm sure we'll see how Captain Rex will be shipped at Toy Fair.

I'll still probably get at least three since (a) I have a mountain of the UPCs since I bought double TAC for the coins, I could sacrifice 60 bubble inserts and still have a full set - PLUS I have all of the inserts from the army builders and (b) two of the three GL figures I got came in less than mint condition so 3 gives me better odds.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2008, 06:32 PM »
Rex will be available in two forms -

Preview Figure = "Clean" version on a "premium" card.  The card has a fold-down back, similar to the EU cards from back in the day.

Basic Figure = "Dirty/Battle Damage" version on the standard Clone Wars card found in Wave 1.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2008, 08:20 PM »
Nice! I'm torn now on getting this sub line....But I'm edging ever closer to getting them. But I don't want to and if I do, I'll be sorely tempted to army build. Something I've all but sworn off except the new Kashyyyk clone. It's already going to be an expensive year, especially regarding all of the great vehicles coming out this year!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2008, 08:27 PM »
Nice! I'm torn now on getting this sub line....But I'm edging ever closer to getting them. But I don't want to and if I do, I'll be sorely tempted to army build. Something I've all but sworn off except the new Kashyyyk clone. It's already going to be an expensive year, especially regarding all of the great vehicles coming out this year!

I defintely feel your pain. I'm not entirely keen on the Clone Wars animated line, but I'm not going to completely ignore an entire sub-line which is going to contain some great vehicles (V-19, Homing Spider Droid and the AT-TE) - so I think I will do what I did with the other animated series, two of each, one to open and one to keep MOC. I will not army build ANY of these clones. I will send away for probably five or six Captain Rex figures, but only because I have a complete spare set of TAC figure packaging inserts that I can pull UPCs from, so I figure I might as well put them to good use. Perhaps I'll feel differently when I see them in person, but right now, based on the photos, since the clones don't "fit" in with all of the other mountains of clones that I have, I will consider this a "novelty" 3.75" sub-line that does not consist of any army-builders worth adding to my current armies.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!