Author Topic: Hand sewn Han Solo outfit on a CY Girl body.  (Read 8771 times)

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
Hand sewn Han Solo outfit on a CY Girl body.
« on: November 12, 2007, 08:36 PM »
Ok ok, so it's not really THAT elaborate, but hey, start small and work your way up right? I did this for a Halloween kitbash contest over at another board. I lost, but I'm still really proud of how this turned out, especially since it's the first time i've ever sewn anything like this :)

And just since i didn't have a 12 inch Greedo for her to shoot first;) , Here's a couple shots of her with my KB Chewie.

She liked THIS shot because she finally got a chance to say "Laugh it up, Fuzzball!"

And just because BIG Chewie can't exactly go Trick or Treating with her, she's STILL got a co-pilot for those treacherous Candy runs down Kessel St. ;)

And lastly, to anyone who doesn't like my sewing skills, here's what SHE has to say about it:

"Who's "Scruffy looking"?!"  ;D

Parts list:
Cy Girl "Aurora" Head
Cy Girl 2.0 Body
Soldier Story Hands
Cy Girl "Destiny" Bootfeet
Belt is from Joanna Dark (catsuit version)
Blaster (and holster) from Hasbro Hoth Luke, tied on with some copper wire.
Vest, shirt and trousers handsewn.

And i know the Bloodstripes didn't come out quite the way they're supposed to be, but I didn't have the patience to do a series of little red dashes of thread down the side of the pantleg. THAT, and i still wanted to keep SOME semblance of eyesight  ;D

Just in case anyone wanted to see more detail, i finally got around to taking some more pics of her. I'm still getting the hang of my digicam, so i apologize if the focus isn't the best.

Just a close up shot of the collar, even though it's longer on the left side than the right.

Closeup shot of her Co-Pilot for those candy runs down Kessel Street.  ;D

Since i was hand sewing everything, i didn't take as much time as i should have to sew up the edges to keep from fraying... The vest is made from a piece of microfiber cloth taken from an old trenchcoat i'd worn out (nothing like old clothes for spare cloth...cheaper too!  ;D )

Just as an aside, Aurora is one of my favorite CG headsculpts

A Closeup of the cheat i did on the Bloodstripes. It would have taken me forever if i'd cut the red strip into the tiny red dashes that made up the original.

Now a shot of the shirt...amazing what sins the Vest hides! LOL. I didn't use a pattern for any of the outfit. I simply cut the cloth in rectangles, measured to the width of the figures shoulders and hips (stretchy cloth is your friend especially here...you just have to make sure that if it's 2 way stretch, ie: most regular Tshirt material, that you have it oriented so it stretches the way you need it to  ;D )

Now the Right side, which turned out a bit better. I wasn't planning on the shirt to show off as much belly as it does, but on her, it doesn't hurt  ;D 

Now a shot of the vest, turned inside out, just to show you the basic shape i went with. Just a simple rectangle, folded double, stitched up the sides, then the front cut down the middle and a neck clipped out with scissors. Brain dead simple and nearly impossible to screw up :D   Also shows off the fact i could reverse the fabric and resew it and it'd be a totally different look altogether.

Now the vest right side out. I know i didn't do the pockets and stuff that the original had, but i was pressed for time, and most of the time, pockets at 1/6 just look weird to me. Just another judgment call

Another closeup shot of the collar and shoulders.

Shot of the other Bloodstripe and also the Holster from Hoth Luke (I'd cut it off the hoth luke belt for a Jedi Luke custom i did months ago), attached to the Joanna Dark belt with some copper wire. Also thought the stitched up pantleg would add to the "scruffy looking spacer" look i was going for...(actually i'd nicked the material when i was cutting it and i figured the ripped jeans look was too early 90s  ;D  )

same again, just a bit wider angle. You can't see in the shot, but i took a drill bit and gave the DL-44 a bore as well, but i haven't gotten around to touching up the muzzle with silver paint, so all you see is a black spot :( 

Hope you like it! :)

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Hand sewn Han Solo outfit on a CY Girl body.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 10:16 PM »
If I said she was hot, does that change my orientation?

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 10:36 PM »
I don't think so...i think she's hot too, but then I've always like females at either 1:1 or 1:6 ;D:p

Glad you like her! :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 02:27 PM »
She is HOT.  Great custom.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 07:31 PM »
Nice end product, good job!

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Thanks for the comments folks! :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Looks awesome. If you're not going to replace the head with a Han one, I'd go total hottie and cut off the shirt to expose her naval and lower the "V" line.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 12:26 PM »
I've got one thing to say and that is WOW! I keep bothering my wife into helping me sew some clothes at that scale. She says it really difficult to make doll clothes and won't even attempt it.  Your results show alot of skill in figuring out how the make clothes without a pattern. My hat is off to you on this excellent job. It just needs a tiny amount of cleaning up but otherwise its 99% there!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Ok time for a Wet Tshirt contest!!!!

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 06:15 PM »
LOL! They actually had a wet t-shirt contest over @ the Men With Dolls board a while back...i never got into the Cy Girl figures until after though. Who's up for a Bikini challenge? :D

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 07:21 PM »
# 7 on the top ten indications that you are a 40 yr old Virgin

You enjoy wet T shirt contests with your action figures!

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Hey! I'll have you know i've still got a decade to go before i can claim that title! :p :-[ :'(

Besides, YOU were the one that suggested it! :D ;D :D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 10:08 PM »
OK. Now this thread is becomming truely...disturbing.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 10:33 PM »
LMAO @ Phruby

Hey, at least Hannah (yes, HANNAH LOL ;D ) Solo's  not one of those Ball Jointed Dolls from Japan...those things give new meaning to the word Creepy...and expensive

And anyways, i tried to make a slave leia-type getup for that Bikini contest...amazing how close you can come with some ribbon and a luggage tag chain! ;D