Ok ok, so it's not really THAT elaborate, but hey, start small and work your way up right? I did this for a Halloween kitbash contest over at another board. I lost, but I'm still really proud of how this turned out, especially since it's the first time i've ever sewn anything like this
And just since i didn't have a 12 inch Greedo for her to shoot first;) , Here's a couple shots of her with my KB Chewie.
She liked THIS shot because she finally got a chance to say "Laugh it up, Fuzzball!"
And just because BIG Chewie can't exactly go Trick or Treating with her, she's STILL got a co-pilot for those treacherous Candy runs down Kessel St.
And lastly, to anyone who doesn't like my sewing skills, here's what SHE has to say about it:
"Who's "Scruffy looking"?!" Parts list:
Cy Girl "Aurora" Head
Cy Girl 2.0 Body
Soldier Story Hands
Cy Girl "Destiny" Bootfeet
Belt is from Joanna Dark (catsuit version)
Blaster (and holster) from Hasbro Hoth Luke, tied on with some copper wire.
Vest, shirt and trousers handsewn.
And i know the Bloodstripes didn't come out quite the way they're supposed to be, but I didn't have the patience to do a series of little red dashes of thread down the side of the pantleg. THAT, and i still wanted to keep SOME semblance of eyesight
Just in case anyone wanted to see more detail, i finally got around to taking some more pics of her. I'm still getting the hang of my digicam, so i apologize if the focus isn't the best.
Just a close up shot of the collar, even though it's longer on the left side than the right.
Closeup shot of her Co-Pilot for those candy runs down Kessel Street.
Since i was hand sewing everything, i didn't take as much time as i should have to sew up the edges to keep from fraying... The vest is made from a piece of microfiber cloth taken from an old trenchcoat i'd worn out (nothing like old clothes for spare cloth...cheaper too!
Just as an aside, Aurora is one of my favorite CG headsculpts
A Closeup of the cheat i did on the Bloodstripes. It would have taken me forever if i'd cut the red strip into the tiny red dashes that made up the original.
Now a shot of the shirt...amazing what sins the Vest hides! LOL. I didn't use a pattern for any of the outfit. I simply cut the cloth in rectangles, measured to the width of the figures shoulders and hips (stretchy cloth is your friend especially here...you just have to make sure that if it's 2 way stretch, ie: most regular Tshirt material, that you have it oriented so it stretches the way you need it to
Now the Right side, which turned out a bit better. I wasn't planning on the shirt to show off as much belly as it does, but on her, it doesn't hurt
Now a shot of the vest, turned inside out, just to show you the basic shape i went with. Just a simple rectangle, folded double, stitched up the sides, then the front cut down the middle and a neck clipped out with scissors. Brain dead simple and nearly impossible to screw up
Also shows off the fact i could reverse the fabric and resew it and it'd be a totally different look altogether.
Now the vest right side out. I know i didn't do the pockets and stuff that the original had, but i was pressed for time, and most of the time, pockets at 1/6 just look weird to me. Just another judgment call
Another closeup shot of the collar and shoulders.
Shot of the other Bloodstripe and also the Holster from Hoth Luke (I'd cut it off the hoth luke belt for a Jedi Luke custom i did months ago), attached to the Joanna Dark belt with some copper wire. Also thought the stitched up pantleg would add to the "scruffy looking spacer" look i was going for...(actually i'd nicked the material when i was cutting it and i figured the ripped jeans look was too early 90s
same again, just a bit wider angle. You can't see in the shot, but i took a drill bit and gave the DL-44 a bore as well, but i haven't gotten around to touching up the muzzle with silver paint, so all you see is a black spot
Hope you like it!