Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105412 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Order 66 packs?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 11:03 AM »
Scum in linking to new pictures of the clones from these sets. Looks like the Barc trooper is a straight repack thankfully.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I'll be more interested when we see picks of Tsui Choi
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 01:36 PM »
Or any of the other Jedi, for that matter.  But Tsui Choi will definitely be one of the high points from these sets.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 01:58 PM »
Those pics in the link above look terrible. They look like childish customs.  Are we sure these are real?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Scum in linking to new pictures of the clones from these sets. Looks like the Barc trooper is a straight repack thankfully.

Assuming, of course, this isn't a test shot of the basic 2008 figure.  The Kashyyyk Trooper in the Chinese pictures are different from those in Hasbro's official photography, but just barely-- the camo markings are similar, but the Chinese shot is missing some markings on the figure's inner thighs and a few other colors seem a little off-- that could be the camera. 

The 2007 ARC with bluer blue and the 2003 ARC kama though... uh... wow.  That's awful.  I dig the yellow and the red ones though.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 03:25 PM »
Yeah same here.  I like the Red and Yellow ones.  I hope the price will remain the same $9.99

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 03:42 PM »

The 2007 ARC with bluer blue and the 2003 ARC kama though... uh... wow.  That's awful.  I dig the yellow and the red ones though.

I'll take it, I like a straight kama or two mixed in, rather than have the kama whipping in the wind in the exact same direction on all the ARCs, like the one from the comic pack.

We needed the variety.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Those pics in the link above look terrible. They look like childish customs.  Are we sure these are real?

I've got to agree with you. The paint job is terrible. These figures make me wonder if Hasbro's figure painters have ever heard of masking tape. To me, these look like very poorly painted customs. I'm staying away from them anyway. The look too close to figures we already have.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 04:49 PM »

I'll take it, I like a straight kama or two mixed in, rather than have the kama whipping in the wind in the exact same direction on all the ARCs, like the one from the comic pack.

We needed the variety.

I firmly agree that variety is nice, but this seems sort of... blech?  It seems that the yellow ARC Trooper (ajnd the red) also has a "straight" kama, but it looks like it's the one from the Evolutions EpIII Troopers (or Clone Commanders).  It seems an overall better fit with this mold, but that's just me.  I'd rather see some sort of pouches there but the one on the yellow ARC (or the red one for that matter) just seems better overall.

It's nice to see that all 3 (wow, 3) ARCs from this batch-- assuming they are what everyone claims they are, of course-- have a little bit of variety between them beyond color, but that blue one... not liking it in its current condition.
--AP

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 04:55 PM »
More for you guys I guess... I don't like ARC Troopers... well, not the Phase 1 version at least.  The helmet looks so childish to me.  Like something a 5 year old though of - let's take Jango's antenna and put it on a clone, now we have a new trooper... to me that's just boring.

But, the Elite Corpse is a nice surprise if it's in the Order 66 sets... how about a Clone Engineer from the Battlefront pack in the mix?  I love that figure.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 05:36 PM »
More for you guys I guess... I don't like ARC Troopers... well, not the Phase 1 version at least. 

As I recall, there were only Phase 1 ARC Troopers. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 05:40 PM »
I thought that Alpha had a Phase II new helmet later on?  And I could have sworn I saw some sort of depiction of one with an Airborne helmet? 

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 06:48 PM »
I thought that Alpha had a Phase II new helmet later on?  And I could have sworn I saw some sort of depiction of one with an Airborne helmet? 

He had an EpIII-style helmet in, I believe, Obsession during the battle of Boz Pity.  But don't quote me on that, I didn't check yet.  I don't recall ever seeing him in an Airborne helmet.
--AP

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 01:34 AM »
I'm pretty happy with these overall...  ARC's are what they are, and while I do think design elements are clearly borrowed, the "range finder" antenna from Fett's helmet makes some sense due to their jobs, plus due to their growth patterns and training.  They are, essentially, little Jango's in every way running around with little altering to them.  I like that myself...

I like the kamas more straight myself, however I have to agree with Adam about the pouches.  I really would've liked to have seen a Kama released that had two working holsters for a larger, "Alpha" style set of pistols, as that would've worked better with really almost all of these ARC Troopers.

They're cool though, I'm happy...  I just hope the Jedi they're teamed with are a notch better than last time is all.  $10's nice for two figures, but when one isn't anything you'd want more than one of, or even want one of, that's sometimes a tougher pill to swallow. 

The last sets were such gravy for Hasbro though, and I'd say Target as well, that they're willing to go for another ride on the Order 66 train.  I didn't really count on that at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 10:18 AM »
I agree that the pictures seem a bit amateurish. The At-Rt driver does look awful in particular. I donno. I'll take 'em as they come, thankfully there's not really any army building potential for me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."