Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105384 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2008, 10:57 AM »

Transformers seem to be the cancer of the exclusives. They are rotting in overstocked piles.....

Should we be a little surprised? After all, Transformers were all the rage for a while there. Or are theses just repacks?

Repaints.

A little light blue accents added isn't quite enough to get me excited, to buy these over again. They do look cool in the package, but that's about it. I'm not  package collector,  so it was a pass for me the one time I saw them. Though I think these should have been packaged like this in the first place. I'm hoping Hasbro will do so for Transformer 2 toys. They put the Bumblebee Unleashed in a round tube, so they can do the same for the Voyager and Leader Class figs as well.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #301 on: April 25, 2008, 10:05 AM »
Amazing these sets are already hitting clearance. I will defiantly wait to pick up more once my area reduces the price.

I wonder if the Rancor will go on clearance before it even hits the shelf.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 25, 2008, 12:21 PM »
...I wonder if the Rancor will go on clearance before it even hits the shelf.....

One can only hope, lol.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 25, 2008, 12:30 PM »
I don't understand Target's logic behind these sets.  Two figures for $9.99!  Great deal.  Let's sell them at full price for three weeks and throw them on clearance for the next month or two to see just how many we can burn through.  Hopefully we'll be able to sell the majority of our stock out at $2.48.   ???

I remember last year seeing over 300 of these suckers on a back endcap 2-3 months into the clearance just sitting there for weeks.  That didn't last too long though with the final markdown.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2008, 01:22 AM »
I understand the logic now: these have shown up in Canada at a store called Zellers which occasionally gets a Target exlusive, the last I recall being the accessory pack things like the Endor version with biker scout and helmets, etc.  The reason they're moving them up here is because they are retailing at $19.99 a piece, plus tax, of course :o  Double US retail ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Gadzooks! Clearance already? I'll get out to look when they start hitting half off.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2008, 12:24 PM »
They are still full price here.  What was this showing up on clearance at one store in the US or is it widespead?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 30, 2008, 01:42 AM »
I understand the logic now: these have shown up in Canada at a store called Zellers which occasionally gets a Target exlusive, the last I recall being the accessory pack things like the Endor version with biker scout and helmets, etc.  The reason they're moving them up here is because they are retailing at $19.99 a piece, plus tax, of course :o  Double US retail ::)

Thank god I was smart enough to ask for help from one of the many great US JD members.  That price is ******* ridiculous.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 30, 2008, 09:12 AM »
They are still full price here.  What was this showing up on clearance at one store in the US or is it widespead?

A hand full of stores (none here on LA,) but not wide spread.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #309 on: April 30, 2008, 03:39 PM »
No price reductions yet in my area however worthy of note is the absence of some of the sets. The bulk leftover is Luminaria with some Anakins and Sevs left as well. The Obi Wans, Tsou Chois, & Palps are gone. A pattern is forming around this area with that formation.

Some of the latter 3 can still be found but when these hit clearance I am figuring the first 3 I mentioned that's will be the only ones left unless there is more coming from the warehouse.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 6, 2008, 03:43 PM »
All of the Order 66 sets have disappeared from OC stores.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 6, 2008, 03:48 PM »
All of the Order 66 sets have disappeared from OC stores.

I noticed the same thing today at a few Targets.  The entire endcap has been replaced with more Speed Racer crap stuff.  Made some quick runs to the clearance sections, but there was nothing to be found.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 6, 2008, 03:57 PM »
I noticed our local store has these (as well as all the endcap exclusives) just jammed in the regular Star Wars section (kind of a mess).  Unless there are more to come out, it doesn't seem like there was nearly as many put out this time around.  I remember a pretty good space of the action figure aisle "2nd from bottom shelf" filled with these last year.  There were some left, but I didn't notice which ones in specific were there.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 7, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Most of my stores have moved these to the SW section as well.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 7, 2008, 09:44 AM »
At my nearest Target these are on the bottom shelf of an endcap near the register, under some tins of nuts. :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!