Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105394 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs
« on: November 13, 2007, 12:47 PM »
New Order 66 2 Packs?

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Order_66_In_2008_110094.asp

# Obi-Wan & ARC Trooper Commander
# Anakin & ARC Trooper
# Master Tsui Choi & Barc Trooper
# Palpatine & Commander Vill
# Luminara Unduli & AT-RT Driver
# Master Sev & Yellow ARC Trooper
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 10:23 PM by Jeff »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Order 66 packs?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 03:07 PM »
New Order 66 2 Packs?

I'd use the word 'new' very loosely when talking about these sets.   :(

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 03:20 PM »
True, though Tsui Choi would have to be new.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 03:22 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 03:31 PM »
I'm down for a set of each. (With multiple purchases listed):
# Obi-Wan & ARC Trooper Commander
# Anakin & ARC Trooper (X2-3)
# Master Tsui Choi & Barc Trooper (X?? Have to see the Barc trooper first. Definitely one, but possibly more, if anything to make customs of the Jedi)
# Palpatine & Commander Vill
# Luminara Unduli & AT-RT Driver (Hmm, we'll see what the paint job here is on this one)
# Master Sev & Yellow ARC Trooper (X2-3)

I'm just not building armies now and the first set of Order 66 didn't do it for me. Since 3 of these sets have ARC's in them, there's no need to army build them as the ARC's were the elite of the elite. Not too many of them. Only need one of the Commander with Palpy. So that just leaves the Barc and AT-RT that are questionable to build. But since I've said I'm stepping back from extreme army building, I can't see myself getting any more than 5. I'm holding to one squads worth of troopers from now on, excluding the corrected Kashyyyk trooper. Flavor of the month clones just don't do it for me anymore.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Despite the repacks in this year's sets, I have to say that they were kind of neat and a decent deal (especially for those able to find them on clearance).  I'll have to "wait and see" with these packs as well, but I'd guess I'd pick up a couple of them at least (much like this year's offerings).  I'm not sure, but I thought at one point - either on a rumor list or in a Q and A - that Tsui Choi was supposed to be coming in a Comic Pack next year.  Maybe that pack will be out before these Order 66 sets, or close to it, similar to the Galactic Marine this year.  It would be nice if we'd at least see the Pilot version of Obi-Wan or the Evolutions Anakin if they are going to do repacks though.  I still wouldn't mind seeing this concept applied to other areas though (Pilots and Astromechs in particular) :P.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 03:48 PM »
Jedi Master Sev and yellow ARC Trooper had me puzzled until I saw this:

I guess we'll get a kitbashed Sora Bulq for this set.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 04:11 PM »
I liked the original sets, and the price wasn't even bad, they just didn't seem to go over well...  ARC's though, those tend to be more popular figures.  Perhaps with the Clone Wars toon, these will have the momentum behind them to sell well...

The Jedi choices are cool too in some of them, as they're not just ****** figures you already have and didn't even want because there's a better version out.  At least in some cases.  Perhaps even the Ani/Obi figures will use good figure bases to start with, and perhaps be changed up too in some fashion so they're interesting as well.

I'm really excited for CW this upcoming year, and this just makes me moreso really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 09:32 PM »
I liked the original sets, and the price wasn't even bad, they just didn't seem to go over well...  ARC's though, those tend to be more popular figures.  Perhaps with the Clone Wars toon, these will have the momentum behind them to sell well...

The Jedi choices are cool too in some of them, as they're not just ****** figures you already have and didn't even want because there's a better version out.  At least in some cases.  Perhaps even the Ani/Obi figures will use good figure bases to start with, and perhaps be changed up too in some fashion so they're interesting as well.

I'm really excited for CW this upcoming year, and this just makes me moreso really.

I think I have almost an entirely opposite outlook on these.  Of course we haven't seen pics of this wave yet, but the first wave kind of stunk.  And any time you have something Clone related that hits mass clearance, I don't see how Hasbro's doing a good job.  Getting rehashed Jedi of mostly terrible sculpts is also not something I see as a positive thing. 

I'll probably pass on these except for Master Choi.  Don't need more Arc Troopers, that's for sure... don't even need the ones I have.  Not a design that I care for at all... quite possibly they are the silliest trooper design that I've seen in all of Star Wars.

These sets to me have been anything but exciting.  Maybe they'll do something surprising with these this go round, but based on the first wave, I'm not expecting much other than Master Choi.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 09:37 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 11:16 PM »
And in more Order 66 2-pack News...

Well, read our front page. ;)  Seems like these are indeed making a comeback, in some quantity.  Whether they're the rumored ones or not, who knows, but they are returning.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 08:29 AM »
I'll definitely get a few of them depending on how they look, but I'm really hoping they hit the bargain basement clearance shelf like they did before.  I think I got 10 sets for about $3 each...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 09:03 AM »
I don't know if I want to go through those again, though it seems like they all have a phase one clone era theme which is appealing.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:59 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 10:43 AM »
I'll pick these up if they turn out to be true. If Tsui Choi is included i woul dthink he needs to be at least partly new so it makes me happy enough.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 11:00 AM »
I wonder if the Tsui Choi sculpt will lead to a repack/retool to come up with Ratts Tyerell
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedismack

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 11:09 AM »
I wish that they didn't have 3 figs that have already been in these before.Oh well I will pick these up though.
These aren't the droids your'e looking for

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 08:56 PM »
These sound great. I figured they'd release Tsui Choi eventually to go with Bultar and what's his face.

Actually, none of these sound like passes...yet.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!