Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105407 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Order 66 packs?
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2007, 02:19 PM »
Anyone going to wait this time and get them when they go on clerance a month later like Target did last year? ;D

I'll get the set with the Kashyyyk clone and the other set with the little Jedi master. The others, I'll risk waiting for clearance.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2007, 03:52 PM »
Meh, I might get the ARCs.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2007, 12:53 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 02:00 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2007, 06:43 PM »
Did she ever appear with a tan skirt?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2007, 07:01 PM »
No she didn't, in the Republic comic when Order 66 happened she was in her screen shot Jedi robes.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2007, 07:17 PM »
Maybe it's a test shot of the figure and the skirt is going to be black in the final product?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 2, 2008, 10:00 AM »
Maybe it's a test shot of the figure and the skirt is going to be black in the final product?

Exactly my thought.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 2, 2008, 10:57 AM »
The Luminara/AT-RT Driver and Anakin/Blue ARC sets are a big pass for me.  The use of the 2003 kama on the blue ARC, as Adam said, just looks horrible and it's easier to just get a few more of the comic pack ARCs instead.  This camouflage stuff is getting almost as ridiculous as the Skittles Jedi Starfighters.

I'll definitely be picking up the other four sets, though, although I have to wonder what they're going to repack for Obi-Wan and Palpatine.  I would assume that Hasbro is going to go the cheap route and slap the 2005 ROTS Palpatine (number 12, I think) in that set, but with the "ARC Commander" (or "Here's your 'toon accurate Fordo") being in Phase I armor, I would guess Obi-Wan, logically speaking, would need to be an AOTC era version.

Then again, this is Hasbro we're talking about, so logic has no place in how things are done. :)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #53 on: January 2, 2008, 12:15 PM »
I agree it's most likely a test shot. I like the darker tones on her I doubt she would have a bright ass skirt like that. I am happy to see here be re-released again she is great for custom fodder! I am looking forward to these sets.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 2, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Looking at Luminara's skirt, it seems to me they just grabbed the Tusken Raider VTSC skirt and put it on her-- it's a different material and texture, and it seems to me that they probably just wanted to cover the legs with *something*.   But hey, who knows, we've seen odder final products.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 2, 2008, 06:37 PM »
Someone over at scum showed pictures of 2-pack key chains. That could could be the mystery 2-pack.

We stopped by our local Super Target this afternoon, which had already done somewhat of a reset of their action figure aisle.  They did have the keychain two packs on the pegs for $5.99 each.  From what I remember, they had Qui-Gon/Maul, Leia/R2, and Vader/Fett packs on the pegs.  They also had bobbleheads and the Mighty Muggz, as well as the new Joe comic packs.  Action figure pegs were nothing but legends clones, scouts, and Sandtroopers - who would think we'd ever see that?

Did you scan the keychains to see if they shared the DPCI that was listed above?  I'm quite curious.   (Not sure if they'd have the 087 06 prefix, but they might...)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: January 3, 2008, 01:36 AM »
They should have the same prefix...  I need to get to a Target when I have some time to run some of the numbers through.  In particular I'm curious about the AT-TE too...  I'm guessing the mystery 2-pack is the keychains though.

The Luminara figure is really outstanding though...  I was hoping we'd get her back in the lineup somehow because she was one that went fairly fast here in '05.  I am anxious to see more from the sets (Especially the Jedi at this point) hopefully in the near future...  They seem, so far, to be a little improved over the original sets.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #57 on: January 3, 2008, 09:32 AM »
Did you scan the keychains to see if they shared the DPCI that was listed above?  I'm quite curious.   (Not sure if they'd have the 087 06 prefix, but they might...)

I scanned them this morning. The keychains are in fact 087-06-0672. Mystery solved.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2008, 09:34 AM by jedijaybird »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2008, 06:43 PM »

As per our front page...  New high-res shot of the blue ARC from the upcoming O66 sets...  Nifty.

I like it for army building purposes, plus I'm hoping it has a decent Jedi with it.  That'd be ideal...  I'm wondering if these sets will have any legs to them compared to the first sets?  Those did ok at first, then that onslaught of them just sat.

Not that I minded totally as I got a nice little army of some of them going. ;)

As with the last ones, if people get them cheap and want the Jedi and not the Clone, hit me up...  I'll take the army builders for cheapy cheap.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:31 PM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2008, 07:17 PM »
Strange that they just didn't do a straight repack of the ARC from the Comic Pack.

They switch back to the original ARC (2003) kama sculpt  :-\