Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105622 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #195 on: March 31, 2008, 07:50 PM »
How's the articulation on Chui?  I was hoping for something similar to TAC Jawa in the arms at least.

In short, the elbow situation is unfortunate.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 07:52 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 1, 2008, 08:32 AM »
I think the articulation on Tsui Choi is just fine. There really is no need to put an elbow joint in there considering how short his arms are to begin with.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 1, 2008, 09:35 AM »
I agree with Pete. For such a little guy, I'm happy with what we got.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 1, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Awesome like I'd said I'd hoped for elbow articulation, but I hadn't realized he was THAT much smaller then a Jawa.  But then again Dagobah Yoda at least had swivel elbows which work quite well especially for his size.  I had hoped to maybe customizing a few of him into younglings, but from the look of him from behind they would probabaly look like they're wearing diapers still.  :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 1, 2008, 11:35 AM »
I don't think the articulation is fine.  I think 14 points should be standard on every figure by now, period.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 1, 2008, 11:37 AM »
If his torso is made out of the softer plastic, replacing the arms won't be a problem.

I'm looking forward to getting three of these - probably one to upgrade, and two for extra custom fodder.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 1, 2008, 06:53 PM »
I don't think the articulation is fine.  I think 14 points should be standard on every figure by now, period.

I think for a little guy that barely stands 2" tall, having 10 points of articulation is great.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #202 on: April 1, 2008, 09:31 PM »
If anyone is interested I picked up a case of order 66 at Target today. On the side of the box it is actually numbered 1476 of 5600.

There are 12 tubes per case which equals 67,200 pcs for the total US production run. Breaking the numbers down further divide that by 6 and you have an exact production run of 11,200 per set. Hasbro would not release exact quantities but some simple Math gives us a clue of what was produced.

Thinking about this nationally that does not seem like a lot. So I am not sure the chances of seeing these at clearance as much as before.....those who wait may be sorry. Target has about 1500 stores in the US so the average store will only get 3-4 cases each (36-48pcs per store!)

I bought a total of 18 today myself & I plan on buying more too! So to those bargain hunters out there, think about waiting, it could be another UBP situation where its few and far between of seeing them on clearance.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2008, 09:47 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 1, 2008, 09:40 PM »
If anyone is interested I picked up a case of order 66 at Target today. On the side of the box it is actually numbered 1476 of 5600.

Thanks for the tip.  Looks like I'll have to get these sooner rather than later.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: April 1, 2008, 09:47 PM »
On the side of the box it is actually numbered 1476 of 5600.

One thing to remember is that 5600 case number is the number of cartons ordered on that particular Purchase Order.  So, while Target only ordered 5600 cases on PO#0087-6908306, it is entirely possibly that they could have ordered more for a second "refresh" shipment on a separate purchase order...

Maybe 5600 cartons is all they will get... or maybe 5600 cartons is just the number for the first shipment is all.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 1, 2008, 11:10 PM »
I used the number to get a case out today, but I didn't have much cash with me so I only bought the two sets I was most looking forward to. I'm REALLY impressed.

Tsui Choi & BARC Trooper--I think Tsui Choi just might be up there with my few favorite figures. She's just super unique and cool, not to mention that face is perfect. She has just enough articulation to be fun to play around with, and the feature on the cloak is actually really neat. Overall Tsui was a pleasant surprise and I'm really happy with her. And the BARC Trooper is really neat too, definitely one of my favorite clone figures. This set is a great value and I can see myself getting at least three more.

Emperor Palpatine & Commander Vill--I never liked how the Evolutions skin looked so I passed, even though I really wanted a super-articulated Palpatine. This re-release makes me glad I waited. It's a great figure. My only complaints are the 'stuck taking a crap' face (which I'm kinda okay with because it really looks like one of those faces he was making when he fought Yoda) and the crappy robe. Commander Vill is cool too, a very decent clone repaint. Again, great value.

The only other stuff I really want are the Sev set and Fordo, but I'm glad I got these two sets for now.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #206 on: April 1, 2008, 11:21 PM »
On the side of the box it is actually numbered 1476 of 5600.

One thing to remember is that 5600 case number is the number of cartons ordered on that particular Purchase Order.  So, while Target only ordered 5600 cases on PO#0087-6908306, it is entirely possibly that they could have ordered more for a second "refresh" shipment on a separate purchase order...

Maybe 5600 cartons is all they will get... or maybe 5600 cartons is just the number for the first shipment is all.

It could very well be, however Target was the biggest loser in the overall toy category last year. They are being more guarded about overstocking. Trust me I want to see these on clearance eventually, they are great custom fodder! I just wanted to give the heads up just in case this is it.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 2, 2008, 09:26 AM »
My usual target put everything they had out yesterday, at least three cases in the toy isle.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 2, 2008, 11:41 AM »
Hmmm, well I may rethink waiting. I suppose I'll buy a complete set when I see them now, then hope for clearance for the multilpes I want.

Thanks for the info.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 2, 2008, 03:46 PM »
I checked our local store, but no sign of Order 66 there yet.  Hopefully they are still on the way, and won't be a tough find.  I'm pretty excited about this year's sets, and plan on getting most of them (maybe skipping the Luminara set, unless on clearance).  I'll grab the rest at full price though, and then see what happens with clearances.  For those who have them - how do you like the new paintjob on Palpy?  It seems to look decent from what I've read/seen online.  It would be nice if it could be used as a ROTJ Palps, but the extreme face probably keeps that from happening a bit.