Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105415 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #240 on: April 8, 2008, 01:59 PM »
I'm simply tired of these constant CIA-esque missions to be granted the privilege of buying a toy from Target.   :P

That's half the fun sometimes!   :D

Seriously....You guys should stop complaining and just wait for Target to put them out.  No need for the rise in blood pressure over some toys that Target won't let you have early.  It's not like this is the next greatest toy that you'll never be able to find unless you pull the DPCI trick.  There was plenty left last time and I'm sure it will be no different this time around. 

Patience...   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 8, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Alright - so I finally found these today.

I know most of these are made up, but I admittedly haven't been paying attention.  So could someone recap for me (or point me to the right post if it exists) exactly which of these 12 figures appeared in ROTS, and which ones are Clone-Wars-EU-made-up-by-Hasbro gimmicks?
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 02:04 PM by Rob »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: April 8, 2008, 02:07 PM »
I admittedly haven't been paying attention, so could someone recap for me (or point me to the right post if it exists) exactly which of these 12 figures appeared in ROTS, and which ones are Clone-Wars-EU-made-up-by-Hasbro gimmicks?

It goes something like this...

AotC -
Obi-Wan (sort of)

Comics -
Vill, Choi, BARC, Sev, 3x ARCs

Clone-Wars-EU-made-up-by-Hasbro
Camo AT-RT

RotS -
Anakin (sort of), Palpatine, Luminara,
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 02:08 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 8, 2008, 02:10 PM »
Thanks Jeff - that'll help me decide where to shelve them.

From the looks of it - they're all getting crammed into the EU shelf.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 8, 2008, 03:46 PM »
I didn't find these today but I did find the Transformers Target exclusives that are in the same tube packaging as these Order 66 packs will be.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 8, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I'm simply tired of these constant CIA-esque missions to be granted the privilege of buying a toy from Target.   :P

That's half the fun sometimes!   :D

Seriously....You guys should stop complaining and just wait for Target to put them out.  No need for the rise in blood pressure over some toys that Target won't let you have early.  It's not like this is the next greatest toy that you'll never be able to find unless you pull the DPCI trick.  There was plenty left last time and I'm sure it will be no different this time around. 

Patience...   ;)

I agree, but I know that two Target stores in my neck of the woods put out all they had, and they're already gone.  Who knows if they're getting another shipment given how so many went on clearance last year.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #246 on: April 8, 2008, 03:56 PM »
In Minnesota, a few guys who work at Targets have confirmed that Target is/has recieving multiple shipments...  a couple of stores that had sold through what they had in the back, got in 3-4 more cases in over the weekend.

If your store runs out, there is definitely the possibility of a re-stock... not a guarantee, but definitely a possiblity.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 8, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Maybe the best way to approach the dpci trick is to say another store gave you the number and referred you to them because their computers showed these were still available here.

Remember everytime you ask about a dpci, five comic book guys have asked that before you walked in.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 8, 2008, 06:18 PM »
Like I said, the thing that irritates me most about all this is the endless cloak-and-dagger bull**** that surrounds every single Target exclusive.  Say what you want about Wal-Mart and their horrid distribution of their own exclusives (and I'll chime right in with you), but at least they put the stuff up on their website for sale, and they actually put the stock out when it comes in, and you don't have to use some number to even be granted the opportunity to come within two feet of their stock. 

That's all I'm going to say about it from here on out, because I know what I think, everyone else knows what I think, and I'm sure I'm pissing a lot of people off by saying what I think (which isn't anything new, but still...)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 8, 2008, 09:45 PM »
In Minnesota, a few guys who work at Targets have confirmed that Target is/has recieving multiple shipments...  a couple of stores that had sold through what they had in the back, got in 3-4 more cases in over the weekend.

If your store runs out, there is definitely the possibility of a re-stock... not a guarantee, but definitely a possiblity.

I've noticed the same by me.  My local store ran out of Aayla Secura fighters.  You'd have to figure that might be a somewhat small run.  But guess what?  They just got more again.  I think Target's doing well enough on these exclusives that they're probably getting multiple shipments.  They certainly handle them much better than WalMart handles an exclusive.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #250 on: April 8, 2008, 11:12 PM »
I picked up a few of these packs tonight (Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Choi) as well as a couple of the Joe vehicles that were on the same endcap. They're worth the wait.

I also noticed more of the previous exclusives being in stock again. I wanted to buy the GH Endor set, but I was already blowing $50, so maybe next time.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 9, 2008, 09:09 AM »
I didn't find these today but I did find the Transformers Target exclusives that are in the same tube packaging as these Order 66 packs will be.

Those were stalked with the end-cap Order 66 I saw.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 9, 2008, 10:59 AM »
I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but maybe I just missed it - but on all of the Palpatine sets I have seen, Palps has his left index and middle fingers painted with the darker gray paint (same as his lips I think).  The ones I have seen have it painted in the exact same spot, so it doesn't seem like a one off "slop".  Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 9, 2008, 01:52 PM »
I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but maybe I just missed it - but on all of the Palpatine sets I have seen, Palps has his left index and middle fingers painted with the darker gray paint (same as his lips I think).  The ones I have seen have it painted in the exact same spot, so it doesn't seem like a one off "slop".  Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Hmm, interesting. Wonder why they did this.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 9, 2008, 02:12 PM »

YES - I figured mine was just a bad paint job.