Author Topic: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 105400 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Target Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #255 on: April 9, 2008, 02:13 PM »
In Minnesota, a few guys who work at Targets have confirmed that Target is/has recieving multiple shipments...  a couple of stores that had sold through what they had in the back, got in 3-4 more cases in over the weekend.

If your store runs out, there is definitely the possibility of a re-stock... not a guarantee, but definitely a possiblity.

Good to know.  Thanks Jeff..

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 9, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Maybe the best way to approach the dpci trick is to say another store gave you the number and referred you to them because their computers showed these were still available here.

That's what I say almost every time... and it usually works... at least with the kids. 

I've found that 99% of it is how you approach the employee about.  If you're polite and tell them that you looked on the sales floor, and have the number from another store and that store told you that they have them in stock and will get it for you, then you're almost guaranteed for them to pull it if they have it in the back.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 9, 2008, 02:43 PM »
Your little wookiee comes in handy. ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 9, 2008, 06:10 PM »
Found all Order 66 packs with the exception of Anakin. There are roughly 10 or so left, mostly Palpatine and Luminara.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #259 on: April 9, 2008, 09:04 PM »
I found 3 cases of these sitting at the front of the store in shopping carts.  It looked like they were going to out them out, but hadn't had the chance.  Keep your eyes open for those Hasbro boxes.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 10, 2008, 11:58 AM »

Seriously....You guys should stop complaining and just wait for Target to put them out.  No need for the rise in blood pressure over some toys that Target won't let you have early.  It's not like this is the next greatest toy that you'll never be able to find unless you pull the DPCI trick.  There was plenty left last time and I'm sure it will be no different this time around. 

Patience...   ;)

And given how they went last time, I'm expecting you Minnesotans to find them for me on clearance shortly and provide me with a full set for less than the retail price.   ;)  If not, I'll bide my time until interest wanes and I'll pick them up off of evilbay for below retail and add in the shipping there instead.  Just can't get worked up for Hasbro stuff anymore (Yarna/ICMG notwithstanding). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 10, 2008, 03:50 PM »
Found these for the first time. All they had were six Luminara sets and an Anakin set. Grabbed the Anakin.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 10, 2008, 03:59 PM »
Found 4 sets on a register endcap today in Minnesota, along with some transformer toys. They must have just been put out because there was equal distribution of the sets-

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #263 on: April 10, 2008, 10:24 PM »
At both Targets I went to they had these by the registers and NOT by the toys, so check there if you are not seeing them. The first target had all but the one I wanted but lucked out at the second one. Picked up the Tsui Choi and Barc Trooper set (mainly for that cool gun and helmet) I will probably pick up more/other later.
Though does anyone know if any of the jedi figures have decent articulation? Most the ones I saw looked lacking in articulation...
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #264 on: April 10, 2008, 11:51 PM »
I noticed these had been restocked tonight at my local Target. They first had them on Tuesday.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 11, 2008, 09:16 AM »
A couple more of my Targets put these out at the registers and with big quantities.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2008, 10:17 AM »
Question for those who managed to score Anakin and the ARC Trooper - did the set include the mechanical hand stump?  I think I might not have removed mine from the package before chucking that in the trash, and I'd like to be certain about it.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2008, 10:26 AM »
The little "damaged hand" stump was not included in the Order 66 set...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 11, 2008, 10:44 AM »
Thanks Jeff.  I was afraid that I might have tossed it.  Especially since it was shown in the Hasbro presentation imagery at Toy Fair.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 11, 2008, 12:45 PM »
I just got a chance to open up these sets, and I really like these sets overall.  I have to say that one of my (surprise) favorites of the figures is the redeco Anakin.  It has a nice paintjob, and the softgoods really seem to work nicely.