Author Topic: Battle of Hoth vs Endor battle packs - Which is best?  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Battle of Hoth vs Endor battle packs - Which is best?
« on: November 18, 2007, 04:38 PM »
If you only had enough money to buy just one of the exclusive Target battle packs, which one would you buy? Hoth or Endor? Why?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Hoth vs Endor battle packs - Which is best?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 10:53 PM »
Id go with the Hoth. Hoth was one of my favourite battles, the snowtrooper figures are awsome, i love pilot figures and the turret looks new and would fit in good with a scene i am trying to set up.

The endor one is still good but if i had to choose one it would be hoth for sure.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 01:42 AM »
Hoth without a doubt... both my Endor and Hoth scenes are already packed, but the Hoth one is much more appealing - comes with a new Rebel turret and vintage Snowies... very appealing set.

;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 08:55 AM »
Hoth. More usable figures and the turret is much cooler than the logs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 08:59 AM »
I am buying both but if I had to choose one it is the Hoth Set because you get an turret, 2 VTSC Snowies, Kit-bashed Snowspeeder Luke (great for customs), Blue Coat Han, and the Hoth AT-ST.  The At-St mold is if you all notice is indeed the Chicken Walker from the ESB.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 09:11 AM »
Hoth. More usable figures and the turret is much cooler than the logs.

True, but does the turret have its own theme song?  I think not.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Like many/most, I haven't seen either of them yet, but going by what is online I'm going with the Hoth set.  I'd like to pick up both, but likely won't get the Endor one unless it hits a nifty clearance price or something.  I like the Hoth set for the turret, the vintage Snowtroopers, the Luke, and the repainted Han.  The AT-ST is a nice bonus as well.  The Endor set has the Scouts, but they haven't really been a tough find around here, so really I'd be getting it for more scouts, the ewoks, the bikes, the Han, and the logs/AT-ST again would be a nice bonus.  Like I said, I'd like to get both, but can probably only afford one (even though they are nice deals), so I'll be going with the Hoth set if/when I find it.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 10:44 AM »
Hoth hands down. For me it's the turret. The Endor set really doesn't hold anything of significant interest for me. Repainted Ewoks only slightly, but not over the turret from the Hoth set.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 11:13 AM »
Ever since I picked up Romba & Graak the ewoks in that Battle pack do not look as appealing as they used to. The older ewoks are so large when you compare them to the Chirpa & New 2 pack. I like the \new smaller scale so much that the others look really outdated & large.

Hoth hands down, many appealing figures when compared to Endor.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 11:36 AM »
I saw these this morning...the turret is just ENORMOUS compared with the POTF2 Hoth turret.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 02:10 PM »
I saw these this morning...the turret is just ENORMOUS compared with the POTF2 Hoth turret.

Really?

Crap and here I was going to wait....Guess I'll get one at full price and hope for mark-downs later for a couple extra.

I won't need any of the figs (save maybe one of the Han's). So they will all be up for trade/sale at cost. I just want the turret.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 02:53 PM »
The Turret is huge! It's the highlight of the set, so good I bought 2! The Endor set is not bad but has this strange orangey/brown plastic on the Logs, Chewie, wicket & Han Head.......you will know it when you see it.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/