Author Topic: Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter  (Read 8315 times)

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
Re: Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2003, 11:49 AM »
Just picked up both Cloak of Deception and Phantom Menace in HB for a total of $6 plus tax.  The bargain shelves at Half-price book store are awsome!
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2003, 12:59 PM »
Awesome scores!  You'll have to let me know how that "Cloak of Deception" is after you read it.
dustrho

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2004, 06:29 PM »
 ;DI've read both Shadow Hunter and Cloak of Deception and they are pretty good. They both keep you interested till the end.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 10:35 PM »
I realize the last post on this was some two years ago, but I just started on a Hard Cover book buying spree because my wife is setting up a library in our den.  I thought that I'd let the Star Wars novels take a prominent spot on the shelves, so I started with this book.  In the last three weeks, I've gotten about 20 HC books off ebay for almost nothing (I paid $6 including shipping for this one and it's in mint condition).

Anyway, I really liked this book.  The character development was really good and you get a better sense of what Maul is all about.  This book combined with the Dark Horse comics series on him are a really good combination.  My only regret in reading this book was that you can pretty much guess how it's going to end after the first 5-6 chapters.

Also, for anyone who has not read this book or Cloak of Deception by James Luceno, read that book first.  I wish I would have read this thread prior to starting Shadow Hunter, because now I'm reading Cloak of Deception and a lot of the characters and situations from Cloak of Deception carryover into Shadow Hunter.  I'm only about half way through CofD, but it is a really good read.  It sets up the events from EP1 in a much better light.  Luceno gives a lot of depth to the origins of the Trade Federation and the discontent in the Senate.

I highly recommend both of these books to anyone looking to bolster their pre-EP1 knowledge.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 08:16 PM »
I wish I had a good library mine only sells Secrets of the Jedi, 1st Jedi Quest and 1 Jedi Apprentice book.
I suck.

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 12:24 AM »
I was searching half-price books and I looked in the audio cassetes and i found shadow hunter for  6 bucks it was a 25 dollar value.
I suck.