Author Topic: More from TFU - Rumors/Speculation  (Read 56018 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
More from TFU - Rumors/Speculation
« on: November 27, 2007, 11:31 AM »
Where does this supposed Force Unleashed figure fall?  Prequel, or OT?  

More info at http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/home.htm
« Last Edit: July 6, 2009, 12:46 PM by Jeff »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Army Building - PT vs OT
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 11:45 AM »
Where does this supposed Force Unleashed figure fall?  Prequel, or OT? 

Trash bin.

Just another way to sell us the same toy over and over again. Too much Batman happening in this line.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 12:18 PM »
It's in this thread because I was wondering if people consider it prequel or OT... I'm not sure where it would fall.  I'm leaning towards OT.

Regarding this figure, understandably some people are going to feel the same way about it that Phruby does.  But, if it's in TFU game, I can't fault Hasbro for making it.  Maybe it will be in a Battle Pack or something, as I'm pretty sure that some sort of Battle Pack is being released with TFU.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
More from The Force Unleashed?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 12:20 PM »

Apparently this figure is part of TFU push... thoughts?  Like it?  Hate it?  Will it be a regular carded figure, or part of a Battle Pack?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 12:23 PM »
Where does this supposed Force Unleashed figure fall?  Prequel, or OT? 

More info at http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/home.htm

All I know is that I'm getting sick of these made up troopers.

Okay first off clones at the end of ROTS were ALL supposed to go to white armor. Color decorated legions were to no longer exist. This was to bring the clones back in line that they were all a part of a unit, not seperate units. We see evidence of this with the Republic cruiser changing from Obi-wan's colors to all grey. Stormtroopers we all white. Granted Sandtrooopers had color paulrons, but that was to denote rank only and NOT legion affiliation.

The whole idea of going to all white was to unify the legions. From one perspective this would strike fear in any uprising as you never knew which legion you were going to go up against. Since all the armor is now the same deco, you could very well be facing the Empire's elite. Also doing away with legion affiliation showed a unified banner under Palpatine and the last of the Jedi presence within the grand army of the republic being swept away.

Wow, I am so disappointed in this...I was only going to buy squads of troopers from the Force Unleashed line. Now I may only buy one of each and call it a day. Repaints are just ridiculous. Ever since DePriest came over from the JOE line, we've been seeing a marked increase in this crap. No wonder they don't have the budget for an AT-TE or Yarna or a plethora of other things we collectors have been asking for, Hasbro spent it on all of this kind of repainted crap instead.

(Sorry, I just had to rant on this one.)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: More from The Force Unleashed?
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 12:45 PM »
Hate it.

You knew it was only a matter of time before they figured out how to repaint Stormtroopers the way they do Clone Troopers to sucker people into buying more and more...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Great, the Skittle campaign has infected the holiest of holy's - the OT Stormtrooper.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Hate it.

You knew it was only a matter of time before they figured out how to repaint Stormtroopers the way they do Clone Troopers to sucker people into buying more and more...

Yeah, I hope this isn't a growing trend with OT troops (although it probably will be).

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 12:59 PM »
I kind of like it, it was bound to happen and we all know it.  Will I buy it?  Only if it is in fact part of a BP and has a fig that I want.  Though I do think of it as a rape of the OT by the PT in a storyline in kind of blends that Imperials wouldn't change right away and that some of the things that were going on in the PT would carry over for a while.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 01:04 PM »
Great, the Skittle campaign has infected the holiest of holy's - the OT Stormtrooper.

And for that they are going to hell.  >:(  Paint all the clones they want, but please don't mess with the Stormtrooper.

I guess the 501st Stormtrooper was a way to test the waters - it was only a logo they added, but it's a slippery slope...  :(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 01:06 PM »
I guess the 501st Stormtrooper was a way to test the waters - it was only a logo they added, but it's a slippery slope...  :(

501st Fan Legion markings...
"Shadow" Troopers...
Marvel "Blue Crud" highlights...

The writing has been on the wall for quite a while now.

The rumors say that there are different color Stormies for each planet in the game, so expect to see more... like a 3.75" version of this one too:

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:43 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 01:15 PM »
I sense this being another one of those "straws that break the camel's back" moments for some of those remaining completist collectors out there. And, I think it really reinforces the feeling of Hasbro/Star Wars "jumping the shark" as far as original content/ideas go.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:32 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 01:31 PM »
Legends already broke me, but seeing this doesn't suprise me.  Hasbro already went this route with the clones so why not the Storm/Snow/Scout Troopers?  Can you imagine how many different Stormie repaints there's going to be by 2018?   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 01:35 PM »
And, now that there is the new and improved SA technology on the '08 Gree body, imagine all the re-repaints possibilities.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:37 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 01:45 PM »
I don't like it. The helmet paint is what is really turning me off.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"