Author Topic: More from TFU - Rumors/Speculation  (Read 56013 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: More from The Force Unleashed? - Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #136 on: April 3, 2008, 10:33 PM »
Did Shaak Ti die in the movie? I'm unaware of any scene where she dies.
I remember my dream now.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 12:48 AM by Jeff »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #139 on: April 4, 2008, 12:38 AM »

There was the cut scene where Grievous killed her, and Ithink there was a scene that was cut where Anakin killed her in the temple.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #140 on: April 4, 2008, 01:36 AM »
Uh, explain please?

Whoops ... I had thought it was fairly common knowledge among even those who are otherwise EU-illiterate. In the EU, Boba escapes from the Sarlacc and continues to hang around for many years after the trilogy.

And before a bunch of you guys go off all half-cocked about the Exhausted Universe ... supposedly George originally wanted a shot of Boba Fett crawling out of the Sarlacc and thought about adding this into the Special Edition. So at least lay blame where it belongs.

Boba's survival was first revealed in 1991's Dark Empire comic which, as Robo-Quack illustrated, also shows Palpatine returning in clone format.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #141 on: April 4, 2008, 01:38 AM »
As for Shaak Ti:

"Shaak Ti had two different death scenes at various stages of Revenge of the Sith's development, but they were both deleted and confirmed by Star Wars Insider 87 that neither scene is canonical, and that she was still alive at the end of Revenge of the Sith as Shaak Ti is later seen alive in hologram form during a Jedi Council meeting. This was later backed up by her appearance in the video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

It has been reported that Shaak Ti will appear as the main antagonist in The Force Unleashed, and will be the primary enemy of a Sith under Vader's command which tells us that she survived Order 66 since this game is set after the events of Episode III. The exact way by which she survived is yet to be chronicled, but the upcoming LucasArts video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is expected to shed additional light on these events, as well as her ultimate fate.[17]

Shaak Ti is to appear on the planet of Felucia, along with several rancor under her control. Players will assume control of Darth Vader's apprentice, with Shaak Ti on the player's hit list. But rumor has it that you will have the option to side with her and turn against Vader.

The first version was leaked to many Star Wars fan sites and described in the Hyperspace article "Into The Fuel Chamber" and the book The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. In various forms of this scene, General Grievous ignites a lightsaber through her heart on the Invisible Hand with Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi looking on. This was Lucasfilm's original idea, and appeared in storyboards and early drafts of the screenplay. When it was planned for her to die onboard the Invisible Hand, her seat on the Council was going to be given to Tsui Choi, an Expanded Universe Jedi. In an earlier version Grievous reportedly decapitated her, but this death was deemed too graphic.

Another version, which was scripted, and shown in LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game, moved Shaak Ti's death to the Jedi Temple. Here, Darth Vader walks in her room, finds her meditating, and stabs her in the back. This scene was deleted, though she is still described as in meditation during the Jedi Temple assault according to the novelization. Though not described first-hand, Vader asks the Gate Guard Jurokk where Shaak Ti is. According to her article at the Databank, she is officially "believed to be killed" during the Jedi Temple assault, but her fate has not yet been canonically established.

Originally the Revenge of the Sith Shaak Ti action figure had a hole in its chest all the way through its back, but in the final released version it was filled in."
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 4, 2008, 02:14 AM »

There was the cut scene where Grievous killed her, and Ithink there was a scene that was cut where Anakin killed her in the temple.

Cut scenes don't count.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 4, 2008, 06:20 AM »

I think the scene where he kills her is in the novel, I might be wrong i never read the novel but it seems like I read it somewhere..anyway..Ya I think she is medatating and Vader ( sorry I'm a stickler for the fact when he attacks the temples he is not longer Anakin but Vader) comes up behind her and gets her in the back. I know there is a scene in the novel when Anakin is leaving to Palpatines office, that she tries to stop him from going.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 4, 2008, 09:14 AM »

But that cut scene would have made sense.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2008, 12:11 AM »
It sounds like TFU Shaak Ti is confirmed for 2009. 

I look forward to picking one up (assuming she isn't horribly sculpted that is).  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TFU2
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Trailer:  http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000923.html

holy crap at the "Pred-Ancor"!!!  you think they will make it???   :P
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:54 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2009, 11:56 AM »
I think I recall that Hasbro said the Apprentice (in a couple different outfits) is supposed to be in TFU sets, but what other figures have they indicated will be included?
I am not the Stig

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2009, 11:59 AM »
PROXY seems to be the most likely candidate, and I think they may do a Kazdan Paratus.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2009, 04:08 PM »
I think I recall that Hasbro said the Apprentice (in a couple different outfits) is supposed to be in TFU sets, but what other figures have they indicated will be included?

Good, because I really was hoping for more of the main character.

The Troopers were nice and all, but I was sort of troopered out.

I'm curious to see what possibly could come of the new game.  Will Hasbro even make an effort with figures again?  I think that'd be a rough sell to them given last go-round's fiasco.  Still they're pushing more of them this year...  even one in the basic line.  Anything is possible.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77