Author Topic: 2009 Gentle Giant Premier Guild Gift  (Read 10480 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
2009 Gentle Giant Premier Guild Gift
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:52 PM »
Received an email notice that GG is sending out the PG gift(s) within the next week or so.  I still don't have a clue what that entails so I guess it'll be an interesting "surprise".  Not as cool as the Clone Commanders busts, but hey, maybe it'll still be something cool. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:46 PM by JesseVader08 »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
2007 Gentle Giant Premier Guild Gift
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 04:17 PM »
I go tthe e-mail as well. Anyone else think its not going to be worth all the time it took to get it?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 04:21 PM »
I'm going with a pencil set....really....I have no expectations higher than that  :-X.
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 04:35 PM »
Anyone else think its not going to be worth all the time it took to get it?

I'd suggest Beth's expectations are set a little high on this one. 

From the last rumors I heard, it's a collection of smallish stuff, so I expect I probably own most of what they're sending out.  Now if they were to send out one of each of the chase bustups they've done, I'd be pretty happy even though I own almost all of them already.  But I'd be mighty pleased if they sent me a box of a dozen bustups and there was a Gree and a BHS bustup in there.  Yeah, not going to happen. 

I'll say the following:

GG pen
GG eraser
GG golf ball
GG bumper sticker
GG screen saver program
three pack stormtrooper army builder pack pre-checked to ensure BHS not present except they'll miss one or two, both of which will go to PG members that are also RS members to ensure maximum exposure of the gaffe on the web. 

Sound reasonable? ;)

Ok, maybe not fair but my expectations are low.  I've got no real huge gripe with GG to be honest.  They've got distribution issues at times as well as edition size issues, but I understand why they do that.  I do like their product and have had decent luck obtaining many of the harder to find items.  I've had reasonable luck with the raffles as well though not as good as some.  Plus they're in a tough spot feeding the whiniest bunch of collectors known to mankind. 

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 05:12 PM »
Plus they're in a tough spot feeding the whiniest bunch of collectors known to mankind. 

I never knew they carried Marvel stuff...I'll have to go check that out. :-*
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 07:36 PM »
I'm going with the pic below as the gift, just for the times GG screwed us.   :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 04:26 PM »
I like to think that the people at Gentle Giant are smart enough to know that if they make the gift really kick ass, it would go a long way towards boosting membership in the PG club. 

But who the hell knows with that company...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 02:22 PM »
The announcement is out:

For our inaugural gift, as a Thank You for being part of our first year, we have included the following items:

Become a member of the Gentle Giant Bust-Ups collector army with this Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Clone Trooper Sergeant Bust-Up. The Premier Guild Membership gift is the only place these will be deployed.

Join the Gentle Giant Band with the Simpsons Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp Bust-Ups Assortment. Never before sold to the public, this set not only includes the 3 original members, Homer, Barney and Otto, but introduces Apu and Wiggum to the jam session.

While we here at Gentle Giant know things with our new site and our Premier Guild have gone through some growing pains, we're sure you've had your "kill" switch turned on at some point. Now with this Simpsons Killer Krusty Bust-Up, he can do the dirty work so you won't have to.

For all those long hours you sit in front of your computer refreshing your screen, do it next time with your mouse resting on its official Gentle Giant Premier Guild Mouse Pad.

When you're out at the next convention, take pride in showing you're a Gentle Giant Premier Guild member with the Gentle Giant Messenger Bag and Gentle Giant Premier Guild Dog Tag.

We hope you enjoy all these items that are part of the inaugural Gentle Giant Premier Guild Membership gift. We are already planning some great products for our continuing members of the Premier Guild.

Sincerely,
The Gentle Giant Ltd. Team

P.S. - For inquiring minds, the 2008 Premier Guild Membership Gift will be a Star Wars Clone Trooper Lieutenant Classics Bust. Stay tuned for more details.

So, um, yeah. 

I'm ok with it in the sense that I collect bustups from both the Simpsons and from Star Wars, so the bustups are good for me.  The Krusty with the knife is the variant version from the regular release.  The other Simpsons bustup is fine by me too, as I'd have had to chase it to get the Homer for my collection. 

Otherwise, meh.  They did ok in my estimation, but I imagine many will not be as pleased as I am. 

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 02:22 PM »
Here's the gift package:

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 02:26 PM »
"When you're out at the next convention, take pride in showing you're a Gentle Giant Premier Guild member with the Gentle Giant Messenger Bag and Gentle Giant Premier Guild Dog Tag."

Do this and people will laugh at you for attempting to get their exclusive.   :P

I have no problems with the gift at all. 

Question though, aren't we getting 2008 PGM free?  I remeber an email from GG stating that or am I crazy.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 02:26 PM by JayDouble »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 04:09 PM »
Wow! A Gentle Giant Premier Guild Mouse Pad, I always wanted one.   

The bag is nice tho.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 05:02 PM »
Sweet, a big pile of stuff I don't collect.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 05:04 PM »
"When you're out at the next convention, take pride in showing you're a Gentle Giant Premier Guild member with the Gentle Giant Messenger Bag and Gentle Giant Premier Guild Dog Tag."

Do this and people will laugh at you for attempting to get their exclusive.   :P

I have no problems with the gift at all. 

Question though, aren't we getting 2008 PGM free?  I remeber an email from GG stating that or am I crazy.

I think the memberships for the people who first signed up were extened by three months since the club in the early days had nothing happening.  So I think alot of the early members have the membershp until March '08 or somewhere near there.  

As far as the gifts I have no problems with them; with the execption of the dog tags.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 05:20 PM »

I don't know how many people will be dumping stuff, but both of those Simpsons bustups should be worth something if they don't flood the market.  The Krusty, as I mentioned, is the variant version (even though it's the pictured version) from that series and the band set is an expanded version not available at retail that I know of.  So it should be a bonus to Simpsons collectors that for the most part probably weren't PGM members. 

I don't recall seeing the clone bustup available previously, though that doesn't mean it wasn't.  I'd buy it off you if I wasn't already a PG member.  I'm willing to bet you can ebay or otherwise sell it quite easily. 

The mousepad and dog tags are largely useless to me, but the bag is nice and they did a good job of keeping it relatively nondescript.  At least it doesn't scream I'm a geek that throws money around frivolously in any sort of obvious way.  It coulda been way worse and for someone that also collects bustups, it's pretty good. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 10:28 PM »

Well i am in agreement with you. I am sure it will all end up on ebay. Not interested in any of it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"