Author Topic: Vintage ebaY auction wins!  (Read 55185 times)

Offline Andy_R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage ebaY auction wins!
« Reply #225 on: June 13, 2005, 02:23 PM »
Congrats DBK!  I bet that feels good.   
Do you have a good way to display them?

Andy

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #226 on: June 13, 2005, 02:42 PM »
Gregorbian,

Congrats, so how many more to go to finish the line?

I finally and I mean finally completed my 100 vintage figure collection last night  :) ;) :D ;D 8) :-*!

After needing a Lando General's cape for about 6 months, I won an auction for a complete one for $40.00 shipped.  Man it feels good to close those collecting gaps.

DBK

Well done DBK! 
As for my collection, I still need the following:
 - R2-D2 w/pop-up lightsaber
 - Yakface (of course)
 - Luke Stormtrooper
 - Blue Snaggletooth
 - EV-9D9
 - the Carbonite for Han in Carbonite

I'm not counting the vinyl cape jawa or the Droids/Ewoks cartoon figures  ;)
The only figure from my list that I came close to owning was the R2-D2 w/pop-up lightsaber which was purchased about 30 minutes before I got to the flea market (this was about 12 years ago).  Oh well, considering all of my figures (except for my 1-armed 8D8 figure) were purchased secondhand at flea markets and Collectible toy shops,  I don't think that's too bad.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2005, 03:14 AM »
I finally and I mean finally completed my 100 vintage figure collection last night  :) ;) :D ;D 8) :-*!

After needing a Lando General's cape for about 6 months, I won an auction for a complete one for $40.00 shipped.  Man it feels good to close those collecting gaps.

DBK

Hey Congrats DBK, way to go. Finally the hunt is over.  8)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2005, 05:00 AM »

DBK

Hey Congrats DBK, way to go. Finally the hunt is over.  8)

definitely congrats on getting the cape for Lando. I need the cape and blaster and it is next to impossible to find those by themselves for sale. I've come close to picking up a complete figure several times, but they'll go out of the range i'm willing to spend and its another day my lando goes naked :P
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Guys,

Thanks for the support.  I went the cheap route on my collection and bought some complete figures and some figures with no weapons and than bought lots of weapons to complete my figures.

The later was both educational and frustrating.  I consider myself darn near an expert on the repro weapon issue so if anyone needs some input let me know.  I had to earn the knowledge!  Dale can probably remember one of my first threads, a panicked one as I bought a lot of figures and something like 35 out of 40 had repro weapons :o!

2/3 of my collection was purchased from a great guy named Randy from the old Google Boards.  I bough in three lots and he sold each figures to me as a lot price of $2-$3 each including some POTF figures!  All were in C9-C10 shape.  I don't know what I would do without that deal.

All in all it was fun!  I have a total of 17 variations and will keep my eye out for more.  Personally I like the OT movies a lot more that the PT movies and there is so much sentimental attachment to this line for me.  So much so that I sold all my modern stuff and all I collect is the following:

Vintage
Rebel Storm Miniatures
Kubricks
Clone Wars
Code 3 Mini Poster Line

Gregorbian,

My advice to you would be patient, if you can to get those pieces at a price where you would have to donate a body part.

Cheers,

DBK

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2005, 12:17 PM »
That's a pretty good deal you had DBK  ;D
I bought some repro weapons for custom figures that I'm working on (they work perfect for customs but are so easy to tell from the originals I'm not worried about accidently putting them with my real vintage weapons). 
Patience is definitely the name of the game when it comes to vintage Star Wars stuff.  The Amanaman and Imperial Dignitary (and a Barada that I got a few months ago) were my first real vintage purchases in about 8 years (not including beat-up vintage figures that I used for customs) ;) .  Hopefully I'll finish off my vintage collection soon, but it's much easier to buy each piece one at a time as opposed to bidding on tons of POTF figures at once.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2005, 07:39 PM »
This beauty arrived in the mail today.  8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 17, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Opps, forgot this. This vinty movie viewer was thrown in with my Battle Wagon.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2005, 07:47 PM »
Very cool!
I regret selling my battle wagon, but I just didn`t have the room for it.
I think it ended up in Germany. Great toy though, I would have had fun
with that as a kid, just never had one.
Adam

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2005, 08:54 PM »
DSJ,

Please do share the details.  Since you posted it here, I imagine the price was not too shabby?

DBK

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2005, 09:04 PM »
My Ewok Battle Wagon win.

Ewok Battle Wagon mint loose complete

I have watched these wagons and I think the Bin of $65. is pretty darn good.

Just found this auction and look out, bidder wants it bad!

EWOK BATTLE WAGON vintage with instructions

This one was up too:

POTF EWOK BATTLE WAGON, 100% complete

I have seen them go for over $75. and the odd one for just over $100. but these bdders are going nuts!

Yeah, $65. is a damn good deal!  ;D  ;)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 17, 2005, 11:58 PM »
Dale,

Nice score.

DBK

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2005, 02:34 AM »
yeah that's a really great deal Dale. i've seen the wagon a time or two on ebay and they usually are going for over $100. the price you pay I guess for a POTF vehicle....
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2005, 01:38 AM »
Star Wars 1985 LANDO CALRISSIAN & Cape

Finally scored a General Lando cape after 10 years of trying. Just got this in the mail today, it was a pretty damn good deal, but I was mostly going for just the cape since I have the figure and coin. Wouldn't you know it though, the figure itself was in slightly better condition than the one I already have, so a nice plus there.  Just need his blaster now and finally I'll have a complete General Lando for the first time since 85! :)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 25, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Jason,

I do not know how I missed that auction, but great for you.  I'm glad I did not see that auction and inflate the price for you as I know I would have bid on it.  I had the gun and figure but was only missing the cape.

I paid $40 shipped for a complete one as I got tired of looking endlessly.  Well maybe not endlessly as I was looking for two years.  You = 10 :o.

A big congrats to you.

DBK 

Star Wars 1985 LANDO CALRISSIAN & Cape

Finally scored a General Lando cape after 10 years of trying. Just got this in the mail today, it was a pretty damn good deal, but I was mostly going for just the cape since I have the figure and coin. Wouldn't you know it though, the figure itself was in slightly better condition than the one I already have, so a nice plus there.  Just need his blaster now and finally I'll have a complete General Lando for the first time since 85! :)