Author Topic: Vintage ebaY auction wins!  (Read 55091 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage ebaY auction wins!
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2005, 09:20 PM »
Another one bites the dust 8)

Unfortunately I was cleaning out the fridge and forgot his Kez Iban auction :(

The guy has filed a non-paying bidder action against me.  Already.  He doesn't take paypal and took two days to respond regarding shipping to Canada (which he won't do).  Have fast is mail supposed to travel with a weekend in the middle? >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2005, 09:57 PM »
See if you can send him his payment and have him ship it to someome in the US.

He may not have Paypal, lot of people don't.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2005, 10:08 PM »
No, no.  I already got his response two days after the auction ended.  I said fine, no worries, I'll mail payment and have it shipped to chuckles.  I mailed payment out the following day, but it doesn't travel THAT fast over a weekend in Canada. 

I'm not being a stickler, I paid, within three days, but it's at the mercy of the postal system.  It's the filing within five days of letting me know he doesn't ship to Canada that's bugging me.  Ya gotta give me more than five days to get a mailed payment to you. :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2005, 10:19 PM »
Oh I see, did you tell him mail is not that fast and a long weekend can make the mail slow plus we don't get mail on Saturday's like they do? Course you did. 

People are so impatient!  ::)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Got a pretty nice piece today...thought I got one heck of a deal on it too!!!! :^)
Odd that it went off on a Wed. morning, I'm shocked I got it at that price, no snipers at 10AM Wed morning.

ebay # 5988446732

I also bid on the unproduced Jabba copper mold they had at CIII also, but at about $150ish it didn't meet the reserve.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2005, 10:11 PM »
Holy! So your da big winner on that fine proto skiff.  8)

Congrats, I had that in my watch list to see what it would go for and I'm surprised it did not go for more.

Post some pics if you can when you get it.   :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2005, 11:09 PM »
Another one bites the dust 8)

Unfortunately I was cleaning out the fridge and forgot his Kez Iban auction :(

The guy has filed a non-paying bidder action against me.  Already.  He doesn't take paypal and took two days to respond regarding shipping to Canada (which he won't do).  Have fast is mail supposed to travel with a weekend in the middle? >:(

What a putz.   ::)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2005, 01:39 AM »
Got a pretty nice piece today...thought I got one heck of a deal on it too!!!! :^)
Odd that it went off on a Wed. morning, I'm shocked I got it at that price, no snipers at 10AM Wed morning.

ebay # 5988446732

I also bid on the unproduced Jabba copper mold they had at CIII also, but at about $150ish it didn't meet the reserve.

whoa great deal bf! I can't believe that a prototype for one of the more expensive vintage vehicles went for so little. that's freaking awesome, kudos!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2005, 05:12 PM »
Thanks!  Yeah I was kinda shocked, but with it going off at 10AM on a Wed. I didn;t get that either.  I'm guessing ending it Sun night would have gotten waaay more than it did.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2005, 10:37 AM »
Holy! So your da big winner on that fine proto skiff.  8)

Congrats, I had that in my watch list to see what it would go for and I'm surprised it did not go for more.

Post some pics if you can when you get it.   :)

Thanks!    I know it's missing a railing(don't see that trememndously hurting the auction any), but still was also shocked to get it.  The regular common(albeit HTF) production skiffs go for more than this.

Pics- Will do.  Once I get it I'd like to get a clear plastic case for it.  I'm wondering if one of those $9.99 clear cases used for footballs will work, maybe put something small to prop in on inside.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 4, 2005, 01:26 PM »
A lady posted about a number of 12 backs in the middle of the night with insanely low buy-it-now, it was a shark feeding frenzy but I was able to snag a couple, I upgraded my Luke and finally bought a D.S. Commander… only two more to go to complete the first twelve.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 5, 2005, 10:35 AM »
A lady posted about a number of 12 backs in the middle of the night with insanely low buy-it-now, it was a shark feeding frenzy but I was able to snag a couple, I upgraded my Luke and finally bought a D.S. Commander… only two more to go to complete the first twelve.

Is this recently?  I'm flashing back to the same sort of fiasco about a year ago?

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 5, 2005, 11:30 AM »

Is this recently?  I'm flashing back to the same sort of fiasco about a year ago?

Naw, I was actually one of the sore losers in that sordid affair… unscrupulous rat-bastards!
This was just like a month ago or so. It’s funny; most of the really great auctions I’ve scored over the years have come from ladies selling off stuff they found laying around or whathaveyah, it’s other collectors trying to pass off their damaged goods you have to worry about- why, if I had nickel for everytime some joker sent me a jiffy-marker special… ::)
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline John J. Alvarez

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 5, 2005, 12:56 PM »

I remember that. Derk Ho (Uncle Gundy on RS) posted about them and everybody jumped on them. Some of the sore losers offered out more on the lots and one loser even emailed the winner instead of the seller. That pretty much turned into a HUGE ordeal and is one of the main reasons so many hate "auction outting". It's a shame so many fellow forum members turn out to be cutthroats.

John

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 6, 2005, 12:59 AM »

I remember that. Derk Ho (Uncle Gundy on RS) posted about them and everybody jumped on them. Some of the sore losers offered out more on the lots and one loser even emailed the winner instead of the seller. That pretty much turned into a HUGE ordeal and is one of the main reasons so many hate "auction outting". It's a shame so many fellow forum members turn out to be cutthroats.

John

Nobody outted any auctions, Uncle Gundy posted about them AFTER they had ended, since he recognized a few of the winners’ names from the RS “vinty community” and wanted to congratulate them. Then some dick- master-collector (or dealer, we’re not quite sure of that one, all we know is that he is a high standing, well-respected member of the vintage community) emailed the seller and bought her out, leaving the rightful winners (myself included) with a nice big- bitter-ass- pie to munch on… that nincompoop Bryan Simmons jumped on me saying I was disgracing his online-home, what a knothead- didn’t even realize I was the same person when I called him a simpleton for dissing Kubrick, Shane was like, “hey man, chill it’s only a movie”- LOL, neuro surgeons, the lot of em’ I tells ya.
  If I recall, you were nice enough to make mockery of the ordeal… always being the cute one, eh, Alvarez?

BOB