Author Topic: Vintage ebaY auction wins!  (Read 55086 times)

Offline John J. Alvarez

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage ebaY auction wins!
« Reply #270 on: August 9, 2005, 08:15 AM »
Nobody outted any auctions, Uncle Gundy posted about them AFTER they had ended, since he recognized a few of the winners’ names from the RS “vinty community” and wanted to congratulate them.

Actually, as I said, Derek posted them first. He later edited his thread to congratulate people who won them. So yes, he did out them. But I guess since it was only 3 minutes most missed it unless they saw the post first pop up as I did.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=106328

Then some dick- master-collector (or dealer, we’re not quite sure of that one, all we know is that he is a high standing, well-respected member of the vintage community) emailed the seller and bought her out, leaving the rightful winners (myself included) with a nice big- bitter-ass- pie to munch on…

I *just* got it out of somebody recently who it actually was. It was some guy who came and went. He really only posted  for a bit. He was just some guy using RS to buy and flip stuff to fund his collection. Respected collector indeed. 

However, apparently, there were "several" possible buyers according to the seller and she never said who any where so those will always be a mystery.

that nincompoop Bryan Simmons jumped on me saying I was disgracing his online-home, what a knothead- didn’t even realize I was the same person when I called him a simpleton for dissing Kubrick, Shane was like, “hey man, chill it’s only a movie”- LOL, neuro surgeons, the lot of em’ I tells ya.

So, you're that Baltan_Seijin/OrionSlaveLotion guy, eh? I thought your name was Vic? :) FWIW a lot of people got heated in that thread and a lot of people went at it with yiou and others. There's no reason to still hate them 2 years later.

If I recall, you were nice enough to make mockery of the ordeal… always being the cute one, eh, Alvarez?

BOB

Perhaps you need to reread the thread. I posted all of twice in it. I even said we don't know for sure it's some super collector as others were assuming, and you still do. Since I found out earlier this year who it was, I was right. 

My first post in that thread was to TTSin who later turned out to be my best friend Soicobiologist. I told him to calm down because he was being irrational and it didn't even concern him. You replied to me saying I was trying to insult your intelligence. My reply was very cordial and that was the whole extent of my involvement in an 8 page flame war. If that's your idea of being cute then yeah, I was being cute. If you have a problem with me then say it otherwise know what you are talking about before making smartass remarks about me.

John

Offline Sems Fir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.behindthetoys.com
« Reply #271 on: August 9, 2005, 08:41 PM »
John no matter where your posting your a magnet!

Robert
www.behindthetoys.com
Lead Editor
BLACK S. U. N.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #272 on: August 9, 2005, 09:04 PM »
Hey, nobody's cute around here but me, dammit!  >:(

Nice score on the 12-backs there, Vic.  Sorry to hear you were one of those who got screwed the last go-round.  I distinctly remember that wild discussion at RS (as John just linked above), but let's not rehash that here, please.  Thanks.

- Matt

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 23, 2005, 07:46 PM »
I received this little number in the mail today.  8)

Tig Fromm Loose Complete C7

Yep, his joints are loose and the weapon is original. He stands OK so not as bad as I expected, there's some paint wear on the bottom of his feet and a few marks on his back plus a bit on the front. I'm happy with this purchase at this price.  8)

The tuff one's are out of the way, only a few more Droids figures to get and it's done.  :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 25, 2005, 11:52 PM »
I didn't win this one, but if my math is correct this was a pretty good price for this small lot:

Millenium Falcon & loose figures

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 11, 2005, 11:18 PM »
It's been a while since I bid on something on ebaY.  Anyways here it is. 

I suppose it was an o.k. deal and was prepared to bid up to $37.01 and was pleasantly surprised when I bid and it said I won the auction at a mere $30.99.

Best regards,

DBK

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 11, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Very nice score Matt, well done. He sure goes for more than that from what I have seen.

Looks like it was sort of a hidden auction in the title, listed as "Sand People" opposed to "Tusken".

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 11, 2005, 11:48 PM »
Nice score Matt.   Pretty much the exact price Dale was able to score one for me at.  What's next?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2005, 05:10 PM »
Personally, I have gotten all the Vintage playsets in c9 condition or better for an average of $25 dls on e bay.