Author Topic: Vintage ebaY auction wins!  (Read 55483 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage ebaY auction wins!
« Reply #150 on: August 6, 2004, 01:22 PM »
Yak Face has arrived.  

And darned if he isn't in really, really nice shape.  Joints are nice and tight (I'd be surprised if the legs had been moved much at all, they are really stiff).  No paint loss on the body, legs, boots or hands.  Two little skiffs on the right shoulder, one on the left.  Head is very nice but just a little dirty.  Little bit of black around the nostrils, otherwise minty fresh.  

Great packing job too, very well cared for.  I am very happy with this one, it really was a steal.   ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 6, 2004, 02:00 PM »
Nice job Brent!  8)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 6, 2004, 02:20 PM »
Very nice score Brent.  I am all but setted in to my new home and will be posting some more now.  Isn't this a great piece?  When I got mine, I just starred at it for a while because of all the history behind the piece, and the fact I had never seen one in person.

-DBK-  

Yak Face has arrived.  

And darned if he isn't in really, really nice shape.  Joints are nice and tight (I'd be surprised if the legs had been moved much at all, they are really stiff).  No paint loss on the body, legs, boots or hands.  Two little skiffs on the right shoulder, one on the left.  Head is very nice but just a little dirty.  Little bit of black around the nostrils, otherwise minty fresh.  

Great packing job too, very well cared for.  I am very happy with this one, it really was a steal.   ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 6, 2004, 04:55 PM »
It is a really nice piece Matt.  This would be one that fits the much nicer than modern description.  It's just so different, but the detail on the head sculpt is just super.  

I'm just out of room and if I use the stands I have for these, I'll be out of room completely, so something needs to happen.  The vintage and modern figures deserve to be displayed better.  I may actually start bagging these things up for our inevitable move some time in the next year.  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2004, 02:09 PM »
I will never understand ebay buyers. 

Here's a blue saber Luke Jedi ending today.  It looks good, the gun looks authentic, the cape is nice, but not a snap.  It ends by the time you see this, it's way up there. 

Here's the one I bought  Hmm, pic not showing up, but it's carded and the card is a little rough, but I was 80% sure I would open it anyway and wanted a nice, mint one. 

Now, I've seen them a lot cheaper, but ain't this wacky?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2004, 02:11 PM »
Oh yeah, here are my latest purchases:

turtleneck Leia

The Luke is above.

stand with backdrop

Bespin Luke brown hair

That's about it for now. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2004, 02:30 PM »
Nice Brent. I see you went for a a stand w/background this time, nice price as they have gone for more. Maybe time we add figures to ours like this auction.   :o

Figure stand + Original 1977 12 figures + weapons!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2004, 02:41 PM »
If you look closely at the auction, you'll see the base is a tad rough, a few tears/holes in the name label.  My base is perfect that way, so I'll simply be pulling the background off that and putting it on my stand.  Throw the base in with a lot of stuff I don't want. 

I intend to display the first 12 on that stand at some point.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2004, 06:45 AM »
Got these the other day:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56306&item=5914875533

At first I only wanted the Logray and intended to sell the other 4 and so get my Ewok for "free".  But when they arrived I couldn't give up my 5 near mint clear-bubble palitoys! Even the 2 Tri-Logos were in very good shape.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2004, 08:44 AM »
Very nice Rob, Brent would love those Tri-Logos!  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2004, 01:22 PM »
A better Han big head arrived, authentic weapon.  The drawback is he came with a Klaatu, rather than Klaatu Skiff, which is what I bid on.  No response from seller >:(

Blue saber Luke arrived at Jim's.  No doubt it's an opener now ::)

Brown haired Luke Bespin arrived.  Nice shape, arms are quite loose, which is okay with the description but the weapons are repro.  got to check that in the auction.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 9, 2004, 01:33 AM »
Pretty funny stuff here. 

I never rush Jim to send stuff up, so I finally got my blue saber Luke this week.  Indeed, as Jim described it was an opener.  The card wasn't/isn't too bad but the bubble was yellowed badly and thrashed even worse :o  It's not a big deal to me really, I just wanted an absolute mint Luke Jedi with blue saber.  When I opened it up, much to my surprise and delight it was the snap cape as well as the blue saber.  FWIW the gun is grey. 

And since I didn't update it, the seller that sent me the wrong Klaatu never responded.  He did however send me another Klaatu, the correct version. :)  Wouldn't have minded an email though. 

Also arriving was the Ewok lot.  Jim had indicated that one bow was broken and he was correct, sadly it was an original bow.  There was another bow, a grey repro, in with it.  But even better, there were two other original brown bows.  So I picked up my bow for Lumat there.  It was a good lot too, giving me a lot of parts I needed plus a Lumat to sell with a broken bow and a good repro bow (the original would be an easy fix, it's a clean break) and a complete Warok to offload.  Also had the Macau variant ::) mixed in as well.  Nice stuff, a good win. 

FInally my Romba showed in absolutely minty shape.  So my Romba with spear and no hood has been replaced by a complete, mint Romba. 

A few major variations to go plus a few odd weapons to fill in and I am done.   :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 9, 2004, 01:42 AM »
Snap cape!  :o   8)

Very nice, hes been commanding more than what you paid. I still don't have this version but someday I will.  ;)

Well done!  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 9, 2004, 01:57 AM »
Yep, quite a treat.  I'd been watching those auctions for a snap cape version as well, it was one I was wanting to pick up.  Saved me a lot of grief and hunting this one did.  Blue saber - check; snap cape - check.  Happy, I am.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 9, 2004, 02:05 AM »
Deals can be had out there & it sure has! I'm sure there will be more to be found.  ;)