Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Han Solo (Tatooine Smuggler)  (Read 11367 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Sideshow 12" Han Solo (Tatooine Smuggler)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 01:28 PM »
Got mine as well, it look a bit for the page to load but once it did no problems.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 11:12 AM »
After asking my question about the older Hasbro stuff yesterday, and looking through pictures of both the Hasbro and Sideshow stuff, I ended up preordering one of these through BBTS yesterday "just in case" I decide to pick up a few more of the Sideshow 12" figures.  I don't know how that works out (not getting an order in through Sideshow themselves), has anyone done this before?  Also, has there been any info on when this will be released besides "2nd quarter"?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: June 9, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Just got a 20-25 day e-mail
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 9, 2008, 10:23 PM »
Just got a 20-25 day e-mail

Wow, that is a long email.   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 2, 2008, 12:29 PM »
I got the Han Solo yesterday.  Pretty cool.  It makes me wish I had kept my Leia order though.  He's kind of lonely.  At least Luke is coming up soon.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 04:43 PM »
I just got an e-mail from BBTS saying that the Han I ordered through them is in the warehouse and ready to ship.  I'm anxious to see this one.  The only other Sideshow figure I have is the Bespin Han, and I'm trying to decide which way to go with a smaller "high end" (at least for me) collection.  I'd like to get the main core characters in either the 12" line, or the Gentle Giant busts, and have been wavering which way to go.  On the one hand, the busts are a little more affordable (and I have Han/Chewie), but there is a lot of backtracking I'd have to do (that could get expensive).  Even though the 12" prices are going up (which is a downside for me too), if the characters were spread out a bit for me (focusing on OT only) it might not be too big of a hit at once.  We'll see I guess.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 04:15 PM »
I received the Han Solo figure today, and although I haven't had a chance to open it up yet, it looks pretty spiffy.  I'm still thinking about picking up a handful of these, so while BBTS had a sale going on last week, I went ahead and ordered the ANH Leia as well since it was only $37.  I didn't think that was too bad to take a chance on, and now I'll just need Luke to complete the ANH trinity.  I sort of wish I would have picked up Obi-Wan when available though.  I have to be careful though, these seem like they could get addictive - but I can't afford to go all out with them.  If I stick to the "iconic" looks, there should be a bit of a break until they get into Chewbacca, Vader, a Stormtrooper, or the droids (if they do those).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 04:23 PM by Brian »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 11:41 PM »
there should be a bit of a break until they get into Chewbacca, Vader, a Stormtrooper, or the droids (if they do those).

Famous last words, eh?  Nothing like jinxing yourself there, Brian!   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 11:45 PM »
there should be a bit of a break until they get into Chewbacca, Vader, a Stormtrooper, or the droids (if they do those).

That is almost eerie.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 09:50 AM »

Too true.  When I got online this morning, I almost laughed to myself when I saw the news on both Vader and the Stormtrooper on the front page here at JD.  Jinxing myself indeed.  I should have just stayed far away.  I will say that I'll have to see what the prices on these figures are going to be first though, otherwise I might just try to get the ANH Luke and be happy with the "trinity" of heroes.  I can't start dropping $100+ for each of these personally - unless I drop everything else.

Offline G1Grimlock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 01:55 PM »
Hopefully I get this soon! The only Sideshow I have is Leia.
The night is darkest before the dawn....but I promise you....the dawn is coming!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 10:10 PM »
I totally forgot I was on the wait-list, but apparently I've got the Exclusive version coming soon.

8)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 02:51 PM »
Wow, this is a sweet one... the sculpt looks a million times better in person.