Author Topic: Wal-Mart Exclusives..Where Are They?  (Read 17738 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Wal-Mart Exclusives..Where Are They?
« on: December 7, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Anyone heard anything anywhere as to the location of all of the Fall Wal-Mart exclusives?

They were all supposed to be out in October/November according to the Hasbro Comic Con presentation.  You would have thought they would have wanted them before Christmas.  My theory is that when the FU got pushed back so did their exclusives...but that's just a theory

« Last Edit: December 7, 2007, 05:48 PM by OCB »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Exclusives..Where Are They?
« Reply #1 on: December 7, 2007, 07:26 PM »
That's a very good question.  I didn't really care about the Jabba's band packs, but what about the comic packs?  Those I've been waiting for!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: December 7, 2007, 07:27 PM »
Wow I had completely forgotten about these (Aside from the Comic packs which I just forgot were Wal-Mart Exclusives). That is very strange that we haven't heard anything about these by now. I don't even recall ever seeing boxed shots of the Jabba's Band sets. I would have thought we would have at the very least seen those by now. I think it is safe to say we won't be seeing these (at least the Jabba set) prior to Christmas.

My theory is that when the FU got pushed back so did their exclusives...but that's just a theory

Makes sense to me, and until I hear the real reason I'll just go with that.  :)
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 7, 2007, 09:55 PM »
I just hope they come out before stores start doing their inventory since they don't like to stock anything during that time. At least the stores around here don't.
I remember my dream now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2007, 08:23 AM »
I have never liked Walmart exclusives. They are always the most difficult to get, If they at least would offer them on the website.  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 8, 2007, 08:37 AM »
I have never liked Walmart exclusives. They are always the most difficult to get, If they at least would offer them on the website.  ::)

I have never liked Walmart and I can't stand shopping at that store and I wouldn't even bother if it wasn't for SW exclusives.  The WMs in my area either never bother to stock them or if they do - there's a small shipment that they'll stock over in housewares or in the hardware dept way up on the top shelf.

Some people argue about how bad Target treats "collectors" but at least they manage to stock their exclusives and I've never once had a problem there.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 8, 2007, 09:05 AM »
I'm in the same boat as everyone else. For some reason, my stores don't order any real quantity of exclusives, if any at all, so I'd be happy if they never saw the light of day.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 8, 2007, 03:11 PM »
I would love to get my hands on the Jabba's  band..actually I have to originals from ROTJ 83' Rebo band. I hate going to Wal-Fart also and during the holidays makes makes it 1000X worse the toy dept reminds of  the war zone in Iraq.  I hope the Twins comic pack dose not come out, I hate when they reproduce "exclusives"  :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 8, 2007, 03:42 PM »
Well, we can attest here that the Comic packs are, and have been, in production for some time, since we posted pictures of Keller a while back...  I'm wagering we'll see them shortly after the new year, maybe right before it, but before too long I'm betting.

At this point, no news is good news to me.  12/07 has been too busy as it is. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: December 8, 2007, 03:59 PM »
But how dumb of a company can you be not to have this stuff on the shelves during the busiest time of the year...add to that the part of inventory time (which is a very salient point, nothing gets stocked for like 6 weeks at Wal-Mart during this time)

They've had lots of Multi-media tie ins in the past (DVD sets being the biggest example) I'm sure they are thinking these will help draw in during the FU launch. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 8, 2007, 04:51 PM »
Who's to say that Hasbro isn't the holdup?  How can one blame Walmart without knowing for sure what the reason is?

Regardless of what time of season these hit, they're going to sell out anyway.  I'd rather it be after Christmas since I've already got so many other expenses this month.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 8, 2007, 04:57 PM »
About the Cantina sets,

From, http://www.bobasbounty.net/

1. We haven't seen any reports of the Galactic Heroes Cantina Sets hitting Walmart yet. Are these still scheduled and will they hit retail before Christmas?

Hasbro - Yes, they were delayed while Wal-Mart looked for the right window to get them into the store. They shoudl be hitting stores anytime now...certainly before the end of the year.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 8, 2007, 05:05 PM »
About the Cantina sets,

1. We haven't seen any reports of the Galactic Heroes Cantina Sets hitting Walmart yet. Are these still scheduled and will they hit retail before Christmas?

Hasbro - Yes, they were delayed while Wal-Mart looked for the right window to get them into the store. They shoudl be hitting stores anytime now...certainly before the end of the year.

That is one of the lamest things I've ever heard.  WTF is the right window other than Black Friday or pre-Christmas sales for their exclusives??  Stooopid WM...   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 8, 2007, 05:19 PM »
About the Cantina sets,

That is one of the lamest things I've ever heard.  WTF is the right window other than Black Friday or pre-Christmas sales for their exclusives??  Stooopid WM...   ::)
Thats why Target is kicking their ass. With that said, Target is loosing the good will and edge they had built with the collecting community with their overall attitude and disrespect to once very loyal customers like myself.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 9, 2007, 10:54 AM »
Well, I guess I can be the first person to report finding the GH Cantina packs (at least in this particular forum).  The local Wal-Mart (in VA) had two of each set on the shelf this morning under a slightly modified SW action figure section.  I came very close to picking up the one with the Modal Nodes (just for the music), but I passed on them.  No sign of the exclusive comic packs, although WM stocked the pegs full of the "new" Han ST/Chewie, GMT/Stormie, Luke ST/R2-D2 wave without the blue markings. 

So, for whatever it's worth given how horrible Wal-Mart's exclusive distribution is, the GH sets are out there.