Author Topic: Clearance Coin Albums & Too Many Coins... What To Do?  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Clearance Coin Albums & Too Many Coins... What To Do?
« on: January 15, 2008, 01:46 AM »
Just curious how many people are buying a $5 coin album to get a second for filling with the random extra coins Hasbro dished us...

Plus, what the heck are you cutting out of the full coin album to put into a potential second one?  I'm not quite sure what to do honestly...  I thought about custom making my own UGH coin holder, I thought about just filling up one and starting into the second one...  I don't know how I'd really display 2 coin albums anyway but I'd like to keep these somewhere...  I've seen a couple for $5 lately so I'm tempted to buy...

What's everyone going to do?  ???  Surely someone has a more sensible plan on tap than myself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Clearance Coin Albums & Too Many Coins... What To Do?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 08:53 AM »
I kept the UGH coins carded pretty much because of the lack of space. The mailaway coins are in their own little box so those are out as well.

Sorry...I was no help  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 09:16 AM »
First, to give you ideas, someone over on 'scum custom framed three coin albums, one was the picture side, the others we coin sides completely filled (I think.) They looked nice and if I can find the thread, I'll post a direct link.

As for filling a second album, that's a good one. The fourth panel on my first is as follows: Top row filled with the convention coins, 30AV (reverse of CIV,) CIV, CIV Europe, Comic Con. Second row, exclusive figures. Third and fourth, Legends Episode coins and one affiliation coin (rebel.) Fifth row, three affiliation coins (Empire, Trade federation and Republic) and Indy coin. If I were to fill a second album I'd only have the 12 UGH coins, flip side of the Legends coins (7,) Vintage coins (7) the other affiliation coins and the flip-side of the Indy coin if I could manage another, but that only gets us half way there I think.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:17 AM »
My extra panel is completely filled with UGH, Convention Coins, Legends coins etc...

I'm thinking that a custom holder would be the way to go eventually.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:54 AM »
Don't Forget we have Shadow Coins to look forward too as well as the Gold Expanded Universe one.    Those are some coins not counted in the original album count.   Plus if you have the Millenium Coins for way back when they could go in there as well.  There were 7 I think

Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 11:16 AM »
Don't Forget we have Shadow Coins to look forward too as well as the Gold Expanded Universe one.    Those are some coins not counted in the original album count.   Plus if you have the Millenium Coins for way back when they could go in there as well.  There were 7 I think

The Gold EU coin is the same as the one included with the SL Darktrooper, so we only "need" to plan for the addition of 1 Black EU coin as the Shadow Utapau and Shadow Stormtrooper share the same "shadow" coin.

Unless you plan on displaying the backs of the Shadow and Gold coins  :P
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 11:18 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 12:23 PM »
Okay, do you want a true and complete coin album of TAC?
Just using the main TAC and Legends line not exclusives, I come up with this:
1-60 TAC coins, 12 UGH coins, 8 Legends coins (Episodes 1-6, gold EU and the soon BLACK EU coin).

Bam that's a complete 80 coins.

Then you can get another one to show off the back sides of coins, not repeating any.
8 Legends (okay so the EU repeat but they are different in color)-Epi 1-6, Gold EU, Black EU
SDCC coin-one front, one back
CIV coin-one front, one back  (Back only if you don't get the McLuke or Droids coin)
McDroids coin-one front, one back  (Back only if you don't get the CIV or McLuke coin)
CE-one front, one back
McObi/Yoda-one front, one back (Back only if you don't get the SDCC coin)
McLuke-one front, one back (Back only if you don't get the CIV or Droids coin)
Concept Greivous-one front, one back
Indy coin-not SW, but stilll-one front, one back

For TAC since you'd just be showing the back of the coins you'd only need these:
Republic symbol: AOTC, ROTS, Clone Wars,
Jedi symbol: Clone Wars, AOTC, ROTS, ROTJ
Seperatist symbol: AOTC, ROTS, EU
Empire symbol coins for: ANH, ESB, ROTJ
Rebellion symbol coins for: ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU
Bounty Hunters symbol: AOTC, ANH, ESB, EU
Jabba's clan symbol: ANH, ROTJ
Sandcrawler symbol: ANH
Tatooine symbol: TPM, ANH
Sith symbol: EU
Naboo symbol: TPM
Clone symbol: AOTC
Senate symbol: AOTC

UGH-
Republic symbol: ROTS
Empire symbol: ANH
Rebellion symbol: ROTS, ANH
Jedi symbol: ROTS
Bounty Hunters symbol: ANH, EU

That brings the total for the second book to (not including repeats): 59!
If you care to add in the 6 VTAC coins that's 6 more there for the fronts. As I haven't recieved my coins yet, I can't say how many of them you'd need for the backs.

But that puts it well over 3/4 for the second book, with most of them being just the backs of the coins, thrown in with some exclusives fronts and the VTAC.

So depending on how you want to show them, that's a lot of coins.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 02:09 PM »
I have to say, i like it. Not sure if i am willing to track down any more coins i may need to do it, but i def. like the idea. It is soemthing to think about.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 01:30 AM »
Some good ideas...

I'm seriously considering "customizing" some coins to fill out a 2nd album a bit more actually...  I still am not sure, with limited space of course, how I'd display two (much less one even) coin albums.  I don't really want to fill it with the mail-away coins (just got another set this week, heh), so I've got to find other options I guess to make a 2nd one look more full.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 09:03 AM »
Great job, Sal! Your list went further than I was prepared go.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 12:34 PM »
Great job, Sal! Your list went further than I was prepared go.

No probelm Ant. I've been wanting to compile that list anyway, so this thread pushed me to do that. It is nice to see it laid out like this with all the variants.

Of course if someone just wants to show the fronts then just the one book is needed, with just a scant few extras that were mostly exclusives. At that point (for the exclusives), just get another set of vintage coins and replace them with the exclusive coins:
SDCC
CIV
McDroids
CE
McObi/Yoda
McLuke-
Concept Greivous
Indy coin

That's 7 coins and fits pefrectly in with the VTAC holder.

So there are some ways to have all the coins displayed one way or another.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010