Author Topic: Wal-Mart Exclusives..Where Are They?  (Read 17736 times)

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Exclusives..Where Are They?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 10:40 AM »
Well, I guess I can be the first person to report finding the GH Cantina packs (at least in this particular forum).  The local Wal-Mart (in VA) had two of each set on the shelf this morning under a slightly modified SW action figure section.  I came very close to picking up the one with the Modal Nodes (just for the music), but I passed on them.  No sign of the exclusive comic packs, although WM stocked the pegs full of the "new" Han ST/Chewie, GMT/Stormie, Luke ST/R2-D2 wave without the blue markings. 

So, for whatever it's worth given how horrible Wal-Mart's exclusive distribution is, the GH sets are out there.

Which VA Wal-Mart had them? 

Jeff
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 08:19 PM »
Like the sucker that I am, I will be getting two each of the Jabba's Band Sets (if I can find them). I'm kinda digging the cardboard playset value of the packaging - it might go well with the pop-up Jabba's palace diorama.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2007, 04:37 PM »
I saw a mountain of the Jabba's Band sets at a local WM today, $25 each. It was almost as big as the pyramid of 500th Vaders from a few years back.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2007, 02:19 PM »
 broke down and bought the dancers from Jabba's palace.  I already had the band members from the original ROTJ line from the 80's!

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Hey all
         I came across something strange today on my morning toy run.  I stopped by Walmart and looks like the did a plan-o-gram reset for the toys.  The comic packs got their price increase to 10.88.  But here is the strange part I hit the Clearence Asles and found the Exclusive packs there.  Five Kellers and two Fetts.  I scanned one set and they scanned for 9.88 still.   and they also finally lowered the Vintage down a buck(wow).   I hiked back over the the toy section to scan another comic pack and they indeed scan at 10.88.   humm   They also had the new 2" (Force unleased) unleased battlepacks out and Sabers.  I passed on them but I guess this means The Big H is going foward with releasing The FU stuff.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 02:51 PM »
I saw Jabba's Band battle packs on clearance for $15 each on Saturday. In the clearance aisles with other toys. I might pick them up now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 03:16 PM »
I saw Jabba's Band battle packs on clearance for $15 each on Saturday. In the clearance aisles with other toys. I might pick them up now.

<-------- And I've never even seen these sets.   ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 03:42 PM »
I haven't seen the battle of the Jabba's bands either...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 09:03 AM »
I haven't seen the battle of the Jabba's bands either...

I've only seen them at one of my three WMs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."