Author Topic: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars Micro-Series  (Read 36856 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 2 - Clone Wars
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2008, 07:06 PM »
Used to be I'd go crazy army building. But thankfully, I've all but cured myself of that trend. No more 20-40 of certain army building type figures. Hell that wave alone would have cost me over a thou. Instead it's closer to $250 for my wants for that wave. Still a bit, but MUCH less than usual.

You're so inspirational. :'(

For me...no such luck. As far as this wave goes, that is. I can usually control myself, but with the aliens and Scuba Troopers in this wave, I've lost all hope of moderation. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2008, 07:10 PM »
I'm figuring 10 of any given trooper type, maybe 12 of the Scuba Trooper...  2 of the heavy gunner though as he's an ARC member so I don't have a compelling urge to go nuts on "special forces" guys.  The Quarren and Mon Cal I'd like a handful of each though, so I figure 10 of either would be nice.

I may get a little heavier army building going with the IG-Lancer Droid though, as droids always seem to need to have double the numbers of a Clone army. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2008, 06:04 PM »
So i go to target today and actually get them to pull out a case of legacy figures. Sadly it was not wave 1 and Yarna still escapes me but i was more than happy to buy the wave any way  :) The best part was the figures rang up at 4.64!!!!!!!  :o i didn't realize it til i got to the car becuase i was very eager to pay and run. Anyway so it was a good bargain today  ;D

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 06:04 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2008, 06:55 PM »
 :o :o :o :o

Why doesn't this kind of stuff ever happen to me? :'(

Congrats on such a beautiful score! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2008, 07:27 PM »
Don't take it the wrong way evenflow but I hate you right now ;)
And loath you that you got them at $4.64  :-*
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:31 AM by Jeff »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2008, 11:42 PM »
Nice score evenflow, very nice... 

That's a figure erection moment.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2008, 12:22 AM »
I've opened up the Obi-Wan, Lancer Droid, Quad-gun Clone and Scuba Clone so far.

This is a really fantastic wave of figures.

I was totally surprised to see that they gave Obi-Wan ball-joint hips like Commander Gree - that was a nice touch.

I'm going to open the other four from this wave now - I can't wait to put together the R7!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2008, 11:57 AM »
question for those that have these, I seen the pics of them but not with the packs removed and showing the back.  How are the quad gun and scuba clones pack attach to them? 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2008, 07:05 PM »
question for those that have these, I seen the pics of them but not with the packs removed and showing the back.  How are the quad gun and scuba clones pack attach to them? 

The Quad Gun Clone backpack has a hook that slides into a hole in the armor backplate, similar in the same way the Antennae slotted into the back of the SA Clone sculpt. This holds the backpack and the mechanical "arms" that then plug into the quad canon.

The Scuba Clone's backpack has a peg that inserts into a hole in the armor backplate, similar to the Jetpack Deluxe Clone.

I hope that helps answer your questions.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2008, 08:28 PM »
Got most of this wave at Midnight Madness this morning. Here's my brief thoughts/descriptions/comments...

Clone Scuba Trooper- The 'go broke' army builder of the year without a doubt. He's a figure I've wanted forever so I'm glad to finally have him. I got five, and will probably try to get quite a few more. If I have one complaint, it's the removable flippers, which were a bit annoying trying to get in just right.

Mon Calamari Warrior- Best. Figure. Ever. I really can't expand on it much more than that, I just love this figure in every single way. I bought two, and will probably get a couple more.

Quarren Soldier- Also awesome. I'm gonna need to make a Mon Calamari diorama for all these terrific figures we got from this episode.

Padme- Best. Padme. Ever. I was actually very pleasantly surprised by this figure. It makes me so glad I skipped the crappy battle pack from last year.

IG Lancer Droid- It's nice. The sculpt is excellent, but the fragile arms and legs pop out easily. It's a great figure though, and I will get a couple more to make a little speeder bike group.

This wave certainly does not disappoint. I'm looking forward to finishing it with General Tiin and more of the three incredible army builders. On the fence with the other clone (the one with the big gun), but I'll probably end up with a couple of them too.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2008, 10:11 PM »
Picked up my lone figure from this wave, a SCUBA Trooper, at Midnight Madness.

Clone SCUBA Trooper- Perhaps rivaled only by Yarna for my favorite Legacy figure so far. I've always loved the design; it's conceivable, yet unique. The figure turned out fantastic, I'm happy to say. The little shark/dish tattoo on his oxygen tanks is a nifty addition, and I love his removable flippers. Although I've been burnt out on anything Clone/GAR related for the past two years, this figure has re-ignited my interest in clones. Overall, an excellent figure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2008, 03:46 AM »
I got 2 more of these (Padme and Scuba Clone) tonight, so now I need Sae Sae and I'm done with Wave 2...

Can't wait to find him as he looks incredible.

As a wave, in a nutshell, I'm disappointed only in:

-no knees on Calamari & Quarren...  As army builders, they deserved them.  Sure they're under water figures and all, but no knees?  Bummer.

-dull colors on Mon Cal weapons...  The solid pearly blue color is lame.  Some paint would've gone a long way on this gear.

-IG Lancer Droid has a rough time holding his lance...  Not too bad, but now we need a bike for him.  Battlepack time! :P

-Padme's stance...  Too wide, but fixable.

I'd say nothing up there, but maybe the knee joints, annoyed me really.  This may be the best wave Hasbro has ever made to me.  They wrapped up the main figures I wanted from CW2D and now I really hope they get into some of the more obscure stuff.  Hasbro did great with these...  :)  And I'm lovin' building droids.  It's such a stupid thing to be so happy to do it, but it's fun for some odd reason.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2008, 09:24 AM »
I think it was Wednesday that Target caught and corrected their wave 2 DCPI error.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2008, 01:55 AM »
I've only opened the Obi-Wan from this wave so far and he's kind of disappointing. The ball jointed hips are oddly positioned, and the armor prevents him from having a normal looking sitting pose. Also the paintjobs on all the ones I saw were Indiana Jones line horrible, at least on the facial hair. I got the most decent looking one but he still looks like a constipated Irishman and not AOTC Ewan McGregor. Also the helmet, when put on, is really wide and looks way too cartoonish.

I still need to get Tiin and Padme from this wave, and a few more Scuba Troopers.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: September 5, 2008, 01:54 AM »
I FINALLY got Sae Sae Tinn in armor, and he rocketh doth house.  Though I find it odd he could survive in the vacuum of space, especially since he seems to not be wearing gloves, I do think the job Hasbro did on this figure is SUPERB.  The sculpt details are uber detailed, the articulation is pretty perfect, the skirt, while plastic, doesn't hinder his articulation much...  Just lots to love.

I finally saw him tonight, only one at the WM I was at, and the low and behold I saw two at the next WM...  Go figure.  When it rains it pours I guess.

Now I have to track down extra scuba Clones because those are damned near impossible to find, and I wouldn't mind two more Quad Gunners too, mostly for the cannon.

This Clone Wars Wave is easily the best overall wave Hasbro's ever done IMO.  I'm bummed on the knees of the Mon Cal and Quarren, but beyond that this wave's 100% spot-on greatness.  Way to go Hasbro...  Far superior to Wave 1's offerings.