Author Topic: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack  (Read 98500 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2008, 10:33 PM »
Who is Adam May?

Brian May's brother.   ;) He wishes.

Umm..who is Brian May?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2008, 12:29 AM »
Guitarist for Queen.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2008, 09:06 AM »

Is it me or does it seem a little fishy that a semi-web famous SW guru won the contest?

I was thinking that as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MikeS

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • All Australian Star Wars News
« Reply #168 on: November 7, 2008, 02:44 PM »
The international version of the HOTH UBP contains 3x TSC Snowtroopers and NO VOTC Snowtroopers at all.
Just in case anyone's into the whole variantion thing;

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2008, 08:51 PM »
That sucks...  It's not bad enough that distribution overseas is crummy anyway but then to get shafted on quality figures?  That's just weak on Hasbro's part.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2008, 09:44 PM »
That sucks...  It's not bad enough that distribution overseas is crummy anyway but then to get shafted on quality figures?  That's just weak on Hasbro's part.

On the other hand, it's nice that 95% of what we received here is being offered to the international public, seeing as how a lot of stuff just isn't available at all.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2008, 03:57 PM »
It's nice if all you wanted were the tower and an AT-ST or something, but it does suck that we get vastly superior figures that make up at least two of the set.  The tower rocks, and was worth the price (to me) last year, but the price of the set sure was a lot easier to swallow knowing you got 2 VOTC Snowtroopers, and some other good stuff in it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline MikeS

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • All Australian Star Wars News
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2008, 04:15 AM »
Would have been nice if they had at least mentioned it or something!

Where's that damn memo?!!

;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2008, 01:12 PM »
It's nice if all you wanted were the tower and an AT-ST or something, but it does suck that we get vastly superior figures that make up at least two of the set.  The tower rocks, and was worth the price (to me) last year, but the price of the set sure was a lot easier to swallow knowing you got 2 VOTC Snowtroopers, and some other good stuff in it.

I don't know - most people I've talked bought it mainly for the Turret.  Most of the "new" figures are the same, so I don't see the Snowtrooper switch as much of a loss.  Hasbro could have just left the set two snowtroopers short as well.  I personally would rather have saved $5-10 on the set if it meant taking these instead of the SA version.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Hasbro doesn't work that way though...  So you get a shoddier figure by comparison.  I don't see how that's possibly considered "positive" really.  Taking two figures out all together also isn't much of an argument as it's just taking the already ****** scenario for the consumer, and making it worse.  It's kinda like saying, "Yeah, well we could've left the radio out of your car" when arguing the value of a new vehicle... 

To me, and I bought it mostlly for the turret as well, selling the extras off for the most part, the Hoth Troopers were a great (and new at the time) repaint of a great figure, so the price broke up a little nicer/easier to stomach because you at least got some cool figures...  Likewise the Derlin repaint was sorta ok too.  So again he factored in (to me) on the "value" of the set...  The Officer I felt sorta blew, so he didn't rank high to me, and so getting 3 of him and losing 2 superior figures hurts the value of the set to me.  I guess it depends largely on if you think the Saga figure is good in the first place.

It wouldn't be a deal breaker to me had this set come out this year, I'd still want the tower, but I'd have been selling all the pieces of the set to recoop the cost except for Derlin and the tower, rather than hanging onto some pretty fantastic army builders like I did.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 8, 2011, 01:57 PM »
The snowtroopers have popped up via Asia area sellers

Hoth Battle Snowtroopers