Author Topic: The KOTOR II information thread  (Read 13477 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
The KOTOR II information thread
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:23 PM »
I thought I would actually make a separate thread for this topic because it really doesn't fit with the announcement thread.  I've been playing this game again since I got a version for my X-box 360 and have been focusing on completing all aspects of the game.  I know this will take several tries since there are different possibilities wether your character is male of female or if you choose to be a light or dark Jedi.  A bit of a spoiler warning for those of you who have not played the game....but since it's been out for about 3 years now I think most everyone who has the game has played it.  Feel free to contribute with anything you have found out about the game, especially on how to change your party members into Jedi.  So far I've only been able to make two of them Jedi and I'll post exactly how I did it here.

Characters that cannot be made into Jedi:

-G0T0, HK-47, T3M4, Hanharr and Mandalore

Although I'm not surprised by the droids or Mandalore, I was a bit surprised by Hanharr since if you are a light-sider, Mira apparently can, although I have not been able to make her one as of yet.

Also, you obviously cannot make Visas Marr or Kreia Jedi because they already are.

Characters you can train as Jedi:

Atton Rand - To get him to be a Jedi, I had to obviously gain influence with him, but also talk to him after Kreia teaches you to hear the thoughts of everyone on the Ebon Hawk.  If you get him to talk about his past (after you talk to the Twileks in the refugee section on Nar Shaddaa this seems to be unlocked) and he talks about the Jedi that sacrificed herself to protect the knowledge that he is force sensitive, you unlock his Jedi ability.  This is handy to have done before you meet with Visquis on Nar Shaddaa he has to fight the Twin Suns alone and some force powers can come in handy in that fight.

Handmaiden/Brianna - This was actually the first of the party I was able to make into a Jedi.  The trick is to get her to train you in all of her fighting moves, There are three sparring matches you can have on the Ebon Hawk with her.  After that, you need to get her to talk about her Mother.  I was able to do that after I talked to Kreia when I had finished the sparring matches with Handmaiden and she brought up who her mother was.

Mira - Although I have not been able to train her as a Jedi as of yet, I think I have gotten close by gaining influence with her and getting her to talk about being among the Mandalorians and losing her family at Malachor V.  If anyone has been able to make her a Jedi, I would appreciate some pointers.

Bao-Dur - Another character I have not yet been able to train as a Jedi, and I'm not so sure how to, since I cannot get him to talk much after I get back to the Ebon Hawk after leaving Telos.  I also have not brought him on many missions after Telos since I've been concentrating on other characters for now.

Disciple - I have never played the game as a female, so I have never had him in my party.

I hope to add to this as time goes by.  I would also appreciate help from others who may have taken different paths than I have in this game.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2020, 11:47 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
Re: The KOTOR II information thread
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 05:34 PM »
Something else that you may find of interest.  there are a group of game modders who are trying to add most (if not all) of the unfinished content back into the game!  They've even managed to add video of some of the stuff they've restored like the HK-50 droid factory as well as your NPC exploits on Malachor V!  Check out their progress here.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Something else that you may find of interest.  there are a group of game modders who are trying to add most (if not all) of the unfinished content back into the game!  They've even managed to add video of some of the stuff they've restored like the HK-50 droid factory as well as your NPC exploits on Malachor V!  Check out their progress here.

Wow that's pretty cool Matt. Honestly I gave up on KOTOR II along time ago becasue it is such a glitchy/incomplete game. I played it through once light and once dark but I never really got any satisfaction out of it. KOTOR I was so much better than II. I'm going to have to follow that site. After the Mass Effect trilogy (or during eve) I'd love to see BioWare make another KOTOR, or even redo II.

I do remember training Atton, Bao-Dur, and the Handmaiden as Jedi, but I couldn't tell you how I did it... :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 12:38 AM »
Ryan,

Did you play KOTOR II on the PC or X-Box.  I have both versions and I think the PC version has less bugs to it, but it may just be that I'm playing the X-box version on my 360.

It was a bit of a letdown to know that they rushed the game into production and didn't finish it, I would've gladly waited 6-months to a year for them to get it right.   :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 01:56 AM »
I've got the regular XBOX version. I may have to try and find the PC version on the cheap to get that mod. Playing II on the 360 (as compared to the regular XBOX) doesn't make any difference unfortunately, it is equally as buggy either way.

It was a bit of a letdown to know that they rushed the game into production and didn't finish it, I would've gladly waited 6-months to a year for them to get it right.   :-\

Exactly. I really don't get why people get pissed when games are delayed, i.e. GTA IV and TFU. If a delay means the game will be less buggy and better for it, I'm all for the companies taking all the time they need to get them right.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 04:28 PM »
If you're looking for the P versions, check out the Ft Collins Target...I think they had KOTOR II for $20 last time I was there.....you could also pick up the Lucasarts Best of the PC set.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 12:11 AM »
Been a while since I had an update for this thread, but I finally was able to unlock Jedi powers in Mira the bounty hunter.

When you talk to her about life on Nar Shadda select the options about all life being connected.  If you have enough influence, she will say that she's interested in learning more and you can offer to teach her sometime.  You have to go back to Nar Shadda where Kreia showed you how to listen to Nar Shadda.  Mira will also open up to the force there and she can be trained in the force.

If you are having trouble getting influence with her, try talking to Atton and he will mention how you have been spending time with her....I think that will help unlock the correct conversation choices, similar to talking to Kreia about the Handmaiden's mother.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 04:47 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 1, 2009, 12:39 PM »
Long time no update, but I started playing this game again after a bit of a break and I was determined to make Bao Dur a Jedi.  I unlocked his Jedi potential and here's how I did it:

I'm playing as a light side Jedi, so having him with me while I did some kind acts on Nar Shadda helped me gain influence with him.  Also, I had him help me rebuild the air speeder on Nar Shadda and I had him fix the turrets as well as the medical and assault droids in Khoonda.  After that, when I talked to him, he talked about how he was ready to put Malachor V behind him or some such dialog and I told him there was nothing to forgive, he was following orders, etc.  And ta da....new Jedi!

Also, I started this game out saying that Revan returned to the Sith.  I think that will let me view the message in the Sith Holocron on Korriban when I blow up the door.  One other side effect of this is that Carth is not the Republic Admiral at the beginning of the game, but Mical did send a message to Carth on Dantooine when he returns to Khoonda.  I also heard that there's a message hidden in T3, so I'm working on my repair skills more this time around to unlock it.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2009, 12:43 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 2, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Cool!  Matt,  PC ?

I wonder if one can make CD backup of the mods forever in case the links goes dead or the site dissapear forever. Thata happened to some nice Mods for RC I think  :-[
« Last Edit: March 4, 2009, 10:25 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 7, 2014, 07:18 AM »
In my own latest playthroughs of KOTOR 2 I was able to turn everyone I could into Jedi.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 10:58 AM »
Check this out KOTOR II fans!

My hope is that they will also release it on iOS devices like the original!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 11:03 AM »
I like the fact that KOTOR got re-released for iOS.  But I was never able to get any audio from the game when playing it on my iPad.  Did anyone else encounter that issue?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 11:13 AM »
I like the fact that KOTOR got re-released for iOS.  But I was never able to get any audio from the game when playing it on my iPad.  Did anyone else encounter that issue?

Yeah, the sound dropping out is known issue.  That happened to me.  I went googling and found some threads on aspyr's site with some fixes.  I don't recall what I had to do, but I know I had to reset something to get it to work...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 05:17 PM »
Steam is having a Black Friday sale, and I managed to pick up KOTOR II (playable on Windows 7) for $2.50!

I'm going to install the Completed and M4 mods and see how it is.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2020, 11:56 PM »
So I went back to replay KOTOR II after picking it up on Steam a while back.  This time, I've added a few mods, mainly the ones that restore the cut content.  If you have not tried this I HIGHLY recommend that you do.  The story is so much more compelling than it was when it first came out.  There's so much more depth to it, the character interactions, there's an entirely new planet as part of the Korriban plotlines where you actually get to talk to Master Loorna Vash (and her padawan) that is just incredible!  Plus, you can unlock an extra mission during the endgame sequence which begins on Telos where you play as HK-47 and he goes to the HK-50 factory.  I've unlocked it with my current play through but I haven't been there yet.

All the characters you can make Jedi also have bigger roles on Malachor V and Atton even has a duel with Darth Sion!  My first play through I lost the fight and did not save beforehand.....this has lasting consequences at the end of the game.

It's a shame that Obsidian did not give us the finished game at release.  I thought it was good when it first came out, but with the restored content mod it is easily one of the best Star wars games made!
This is the way.

I have spoken.