Author Topic: Varation  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
Varation
« on: June 15, 2003, 08:23 PM »
When I went to the Walmart while I vistied my realtives I found and bought a Endor Rebel soldier varation. I thought it was a varation because on the regular Endor Soldier it had a beard but on mine it has a clean shave. So, is it rare or not.
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Varation
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 08:56 PM »
Yea it's HTF, from what I hear. But aren't most figures?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 10:26 PM »
I think it could be considered hard to find, but not a real variation.  It is a genuinely re-released figure with a different head.  I'm using the word variation to mean something not intentional.  

The rebel soldier has two head variants while the imperial officer has three.  A good find nonetheless.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

obi_robz

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 04:22 AM »
The beardless ERS was one of the hardest figures for me find. I only saw it once and I’m very glad now that I decided to pick it up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 05:06 AM »
The Endor Rebel's what most are calling a running variation.  The definition of variation is dependant upon who you're talking to though.  :)  Sometimes what some call a variant is an error, etc...  It can get confusing.

Hasbro produced 50% of the Endor Rebel as the bearded (Tom Green) figure at first, and these shipped fairly early into the Saga range of figures (I recall spotting them in October I believe it was, but I believe they shipped in September initially?)

The other 50% of the Endor Rebel's production run was this new figure who is clean shaven, and blonde.  I'm not sure when I first saw him off hand now...  I'm thinking prior to X-Mas I saw one maybe.

At first, this figure was rough to find for many, and some predicted it would be the most difficult to find.  It likely will be a LITTLE tougher than the bearded chap, as it's a little less "distinct" of an army builder.  

I would not personally list the beardless soldier as "rare" because I've seen him well over 20 times now.  He's even a pegwarmer in some instances, and if Hasbro's being honest then he's equally produced to what the bearded soldier is...

That would make him no more rare at all.

He's a better looking figure I think, though that figure still irks me because it's so unposeable.

I feel the Endor REbel 4-pack should've been the POTF2 body with these 2 heads instead of the original generic head.  Oh well...  

A good custom (for you wanting variety) is to put the Saga body on the legs/lower torso of a POTF2 troop.  It works fairly well with a little finegaling.  

Now if only the arms posed at the shoulder more, it would be pretty sweet.   ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

obi_robz

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 12:57 PM »
I’m very surprised to hear that the production ratio was 50-50. Like I said, I’ve only ever seen one of the beardless variant, and that wasn’t at retail either. By contrast I was in one of my local stores today and they still had around 15 (!) of the goateed version.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 01:05 PM »
Hasbro produced 50% of the Endor Rebel as the bearded (Tom Green) figure at first, and these shipped fairly early into the Saga range of figures (I recall spotting them in October I believe it was, but I believe they shipped in September initially?)

The other 50% of the Endor Rebel's production run was this new figure who is clean shaven, and blonde.  I'm not sure when I first saw him off hand now...  I'm thinking prior to X-Mas I saw one maybe.

I'm not quite so sure it was a 50/50 split on these.  Hasbro NEVER releases any kind of production run numbers, so we've got no evidence to go on to make this kind of a determination.  In most KayBee's I've been to, they have the bearded version.  Particularly in the 4-packs.  On other occassions, I see the beardless one.  It's kind of a toss-up.  
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2003, 09:35 PM »
On the west coast the bearded one is much more common.

Fish-