Author Topic: Indiana Jones LEGO Sets  (Read 16311 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones LEGO Sets
« on: July 3, 2007, 04:42 AM »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Indy LEGO
« Reply #1 on: July 3, 2007, 11:19 AM »
I'm really not into LEGO stuff at all, but that is very cool.  They even got the chin scar in there.  Nice.

Here's some further info on the LEGO line:

Actually in the batch of Lego boxes that are part of the Survey are 4 of the Indiana Jones sets. and actually NONE of them are for the new movie. 3 of them are from Raiders of the Lost arc. A large set depicting the temple with the Golden Monkey head that comes Jock and a Biplane.  The Second is the Map Room which they call the "Snake pit", third is the Treasure Pursuit (Indy pusuing the Truck w/ the Arc), and the 4th set is from Last Crusade. it's called Motercycle Pursuit and it's Indy and his father (yes a Sean Connery Mini-fig) plus 2 Nazi Motercycles. I can only hope we see a good couple Temple of Doom sets with a lego Short Round

And from a press release:

Four playsets based on the classic trilogy are slated to launch in January 2008. Three sets based on iconic scenes from Raiders of the Lost Ark include: Temple Escape ($49.99 USD) which brings the legendary rolling boulder scene to life in LEGO form as Indy faces spiders and poisoned darts in his search for the Golden Idol of Fertility. With Race for the Stolen Treasure ($29.99 USD), kids build two desert vehicles and recreate Indy’s truck-hopping fight to save the treasure. Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb ($19.99 USD) recreates the eye-popping suspense of Indy rescuing Marion from slithering snakes in an Egyptian tomb. And based on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade action, Motorcycle Chase ($9.99 USD) depicts the scene where Indy and his father escape with the map to the hidden temple.

Four more constructible playsets based on the fourth movie will launch in May 2008, with suggested retail prices ranging from $9.99 to $79.99 USD.

Maybe this is a case of counting chickens before they hatch, but I'm thinking, with the way that LEGO is jumping into the Indy license, that it's potentially boding very well for the Hasbro line. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Indy LEGO
« Reply #2 on: July 9, 2007, 04:14 PM »
That said, I am having trouble containing myself about this stuff.  Most eagerly anticipated toy line for me since I was waiting for the new SW line to take off.

Agreed... That LEGO pic just gave me a rise in the trousers...  :o

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
LEGO
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 10:20 AM »
Indy LEGO set pics available at CoolToyReview, front box pics in particular.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones LEGO Sets
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 01:13 PM »
I found about 20 small motorcycle Indy LEGO sets last night at TRU.  2 bikes/2 figs and a roadblock.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones LEGO Sets
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 01:59 PM »
I found about 20 small motorcycle Indy LEGO sets last night at TRU.  2 bikes/2 figs and a roadblock.

WoW...I really should have picked up a ton of these $10 sets  :o   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones LEGO Sets
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 03:49 PM »
  Just a heads up. There are pics out of the 3 new Lego sets from the New movie.(out of 4)
   River Chase
   Jungle Cutter
   Temple of the Crystal Skull
   Jungle Duel (no pix)

They are at Brickset.com then search Indiana Jones
Sorry but I don't know how to post the pixs or what is allowed or not. Maybe a moderator can do it the correct way.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 04:47 AM »
I've been seeing the four new Raiders Lego sets all over town this week (at Targets).  Some Targets even have a flashing/light up acrylic display case showing off the Temple Escape and Motorcycle sets.  They're all very cool looking, but I swear I'm not touching this line.  Really.   :-X

The "moustached" Marion from the Well of the Souls set looks a little bizarre though...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 04:50 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 07:39 AM »
I'll link the new sets in case anyone thinks they might contain spoilers...

River Chase

Jungle Cutter

Temple of the Crystal Skull

Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones LEGO Sets 2009
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 11:18 AM »
Whoa, some really good LEGO sets coming out for 2009. Big Thanks to member Marshallmario for grabbing those pics.  :)

Shanghai Chase Figures.

Shanghai Chase Scene.

The chase set will allegedly have the two cars, Indy, Willie, Short Round (is that Jock?), & two of Lao Che's henchmen which of course one of them is Toht!

Flying Wing & Gas Truck.

The Flying Wing will supposedly have Indy, Marion, the German mechanic, a German soldier & a Fuel Truck.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 11:45 AM »
WOW. I don't collect LEGO anymore but those sets are AWESOME. LOVE the Temple of Doom set, too bad it doesn't come with Lao Che.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 10:05 PM »
Hey, that ship cockpit is from the Jedi Starfighter!
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 11:09 AM »
Dragging up an old thread here, but I was just curious if anyone was (or is) collecting the Indy LEGO sets?  It is kind of nice to see them continuing since almost everything else Indy has been dying off slowly.  I only picked up the motorcycle chase set with Indy and Henry, but often stop to look at the sets at Target when we're out shopping there.  These sets are sometimes tempting, because they look kind of nifty and you can get in on the "ground floor" of them a little more than with Star Wars at this point.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 12:16 AM »
Some of the Indy sets look like fun but I haven't bought any.  I was thinking about buying the motorcycle chase set as well, just to get an Indy.  Maybe I will before they stop producing them.

Some of the sets look like they have a lot of play value and have been good sellers here locally. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 5, 2009, 01:49 PM »
Indy LEGO - dead?

Doesn't look like you Indy guys even collect the LEGO sets, but thought I'd post.